Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you've heard a cover you think absolutely butchers a classic, post it here.
I'll start.

Metallica's James Hetfield absolutely butchering Alice in Chain's "Would?"
Layne Staley would've sh*t his pants.

The real song is warranted, after hearing that nightmare.

Damn... he had an awesome voice.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Any tool or pink floyd cover needs to diaf.

Reactions: Ti Dominant

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's a pretty horrendous one: some garbage - I mean garage - band performing Europe's Final Coundown.

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

And here's your PINK FLOYD cover, Promethea, HAHAHA enjoy:

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Actual cover starts at :40 seconds but if you listen to it together it's hilarious

Wait till the drums come in at like 1:12ish and it is just.......something else :laughing:

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I actually like this cover in it's own way so sorry for ruining the thread, don't really like wasting time listening to bad songs. I think most people might not like it, because they just don't know.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I hear so many gay, pop-punk bands covering older songs. The only reason that gets on my nerves is that that particular style is very lacking in diversity and is also over-used with covers.

Also...This cover of a song called Debaser by The Pixies...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Don't usually listen to cover songs, and when I do it's usually metal covers of pop songs that I end up liking no matter what. Anyways, this one's probably the worst cover song I've ever found.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
The worst covers I've ever head have been those done by crap local bands. I remember once when I was in college going to see some 80s cover band at a bowling alley and cringing at how badly they butchered everything they did.

I've never heard a Depeche Mode cover that was any better than awful.

Any tool or pink floyd cover needs to diaf.
Anathema's cover of "Comfortably Numb" doesn't suck, IMO -

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol, Erbse. That sounds absolutely atrocious. :crazy:

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
lol, Erbse. That sounds absolutely atrocious. :crazy:
That's not even the worst. The video is so badly done it should make people throw up. They're trying to make it as energizing as the original in the video, but the vocals just don't match. Also, don't ignore the how asynchronous some parts of the video and lyrics are (@~ 1:38).

Now, whether or not the original was your thing aside, this may be about as bad as a 'professional' cover could be. :mellow:

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Any pink floyd cover needs to diaf.
I know this is the opposite of the topic but I had to chime in here. I am extremely picky where covers of my fave bands go so maybe this will change your mind, hopefully :happy:

Just a couple I found that rule:

Reactions: Ti Dominant
1 - 20 of 28 Posts