Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is mine, it happened yesterday, I'm still in shock.

I show up, smart dressed. She shows up with slippers, ugly t-shirt, short pants, with a puppy in her hands and some male friend of her's along to stay with us, also she had food between her teeth, lots. She was one of the most disgusting creature I've ever seen.We headed to a near park and she kept talking to her friend saying nothing to me, I was in such a huge shock I couldn't say or do anything, I couldn't think. a couple of steps away I stopped and told her that this is not going to work and left. She was so confused about my reaction.

This life just loves to screw and make fun of me, you have more of this shit for me GOD ? huh ? please bring it ! Is that all you got !? I'm ready baby ! Bring it !!

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
It was a blind date with a friend of a friend, and we went to one of those pizza restaurants with a movie theater in the back. He spent the whole time trying to pick fights with me on every topic we discussed, sometimes in an overtly trollish manner, where he would say something really shockingly offensive just to see if I would take the bait, like "I think women are supposed to be monogamous, but men should be able to have as many mistresses as they want." Despite the fact that he clearly wasn't a feminist, he still made me pay for my own meal. When I managed to change the subject so we could discuss our experiences a bit, he talked about how he used to beat kittens to death with a 2x4 when he was a kid. After we had finished our meal, he took me home. I was silent all the way back, but apparently he assumed that he had successfully charmed me, because he asked me if I wanted to go out to another movie that was going to be playing next week. I said I'd think about it, then never called him back.

Reactions: amanda32

·
Registered
397 Posts
i once went out with a lady who worked at a bank. she had one of those icky sales personalities. kinda hard to discribe if you haven't seen them.she used a lot of re-framing in her converstions. for example if she was hungry in stead of saying so she would say "aren't you hungry?" or she would say "don't you think you'd like to do ...".so what ever she wanted to do she would frame it like it was my idea but in an incredibly transparant way.

we had been seeing each other for about 3 weeks and she was already starting to bug me. this one did it.

i drove to her house and we decided to go to the griffith observatory and get pizza later. we took her audi cause she loved to front it. long story short we got lost cause her audi didn't power the outlet my gps was on. i didnt mind but she kept pressing that we would make the show at the observatory on time if we just believed we would; which pissed me off cause i knew we wouldn't make it. we scambled to make it and got there just in time to be late.

so instead of the show we talked or she talked. about her job in business and how competetive it was and her comission checks and the job titles she's held. boring

on the way back she was still on the titles she's held. "before this i was a business champion" she said. "oh, how did you get that? did you have to wrestle andre the giant for it? was it a cage match? how did that work then?"

i think that was the last thing i said to her other than good night.

let me qualify by saying that she was a sweat girl, just not my type.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Here is mine, it happened yesterday, I'm still in shock.

I show up, smart dressed. She shows up with slippers, ugly t-shirt, short pants, with a puppy in her hands and some male friend of her's along to stay with us, also she had food between her teeth, lots. She was one of the most disgusting creature I've ever seen.We headed to a near park and she kept talking to her friend saying nothing to me, I was in such a huge shock I couldn't say or do anything, I couldn't think. a couple of steps away I stopped and told her that this is not going to work and left. She was so confused about my reaction.

This life just loves to screw and make fun of me, you have more of this shit for me GOD ? huh ? please bring it ! Is that all you got !? I'm ready baby ! Bring it !!
Was this a blind date?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Back in highschool....Winter formal was coming up and I had been talking to this, well, interesting guy. He was kinda geeky, but he was nice and I saw no reason not to be his friend. I never was one of those popular type girls who thought they were too good to hang out with certain people. He hung out with the group I hung out with/knew sometimes as well.

Well, he asks me if I want to go to formal last minute with the group. I figured sure why not and said ok. Well, I was stupid and neglected to check with the group first to see if this was actually happening. Night of the dance, we're supposed to go to dinner, all of us, at this italian restaurant. He calls and tells me that it was just going to be he and I...The others decided not to go to dinner. Ok, not a big deal I figure. Well, we were eating dinner and he basically talked about how he's lactose intolerant and what happens if he has milk products, and the time his chicken got a piece of corn stuck in its foot and it swelled up to the size of a golf ball....Not to mention he drank about 5 glasses of coke so he was getting up and going to the bathroom every 30 minutes for the rest of the night. I think he had OCD as well, he was constantly going to wash his hands, practically every time he touched something.

So, dinner over, we are going to meet our friends at the dance....Or so I thought. Thats when I discovered that there never was a "group". Yes, some of those friends were there, but there was no organized group of people that went to the dance to hang out and have fun. I was highly annoyed. We pretty much just sat and I listened to him complain about the music.

And it gets worse. Apparently he thought that because I went to the dance "with him", we were then boyfriend/girfriend. He started following me around like a puppy at school and calling me and telling people we were together and all that crap. So I ended up "breaking up" with him over the phone. After which he took to stalking me around school and one time even following after me when I went out into the parking lot, grabbing my arms and desperately saying "What happened to us?!".

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Worst Date...

I went out with this guy I can't remember how I met him. Anyway, he comes and picks me up, we go to his friends place and they're smoking a joint, ask if I want some.

So we take a few hits before we go.
We get to this new club that has opened up, it's fairly "early" (club time early) and the place is new so not very busy. Get a drink and start playing some pool. I don't think we played for long at all before I began to feel -- not myself.

It wasn't being high from weed -- I'd smoked quite a bit before -- this was very different. I lost sense of space and time, vision blurred and twisted, sounds came in waves and echos : I couldn't function except to tell him that I had to go.
He didn't argue at all and we got into his car.

He was high, with a beer in his lap flying down the highway at speeds that would made a Mario Andredi proud -- but I was too high to even open my mouth, let alone move.

I honestly thought I was going to die. My heart was racing but I couldn't move or speak! Or react in anyway. I was like a zombie sitting there just watching.

When he asked me out again a few days later, I told him plainly : "no, you scared me last time." He just nodded in understanding.

Nothing like having your joint laced to spice up a first date:confused:

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
It was a blind date with a friend of a friend, and we went to one of those pizza restaurants with a movie theater in the back. He spent the whole time trying to pick fights with me on every topic we discussed, sometimes in an overtly trollish manner, where he would say something really shockingly offensive just to see if I would take the bait, like "I think women are supposed to be monogamous, but men should be able to have as many mistresses as they want." Despite the fact that he clearly wasn't a feminist, he still made me pay for my own meal. When I managed to change the subject so we could discuss our experiences a bit, he talked about how he used to beat kittens to death with a 2x4 when he was a kid. After we had finished our meal, he took me home. I was silent all the way back, but apparently he assumed that he had successfully charmed me, because he asked me if I wanted to go out to another movie that was going to be playing next week. I said I'd think about it, then never called him back.
Aren't some people completely clueless? It's actually scary!!

Back in highschool....Winter formal was coming up and I had been talking to this, well, interesting guy. He was kinda geeky, but he was nice and I saw no reason not to be his friend. I never was one of those popular type girls who thought they were too good to hang out with certain people. He hung out with the group I hung out with/knew sometimes as well.

Well, he asks me if I want to go to formal last minute with the group. I figured sure why not and said ok. Well, I was stupid and neglected to check with the group first to see if this was actually happening. Night of the dance, we're supposed to go to dinner, all of us, at this italian restaurant. He calls and tells me that it was just going to be he and I...The others decided not to go to dinner. Ok, not a big deal I figure. Well, we were eating dinner and he basically talked about how he's lactose intolerant and what happens if he has milk products, and the time his chicken got a piece of corn stuck in its foot and it swelled up to the size of a golf ball....Not to mention he drank about 5 glasses of coke so he was getting up and going to the bathroom every 30 minutes for the rest of the night. I think he had OCD as well, he was constantly going to wash his hands, practically every time he touched something.

So, dinner over, we are going to meet our friends at the dance....Or so I thought. Thats when I discovered that there never was a "group". Yes, some of those friends were there, but there was no organized group of people that went to the dance to hang out and have fun. I was highly annoyed. We pretty much just sat and I listened to him complain about the music.

And it gets worse. Apparently he thought that because I went to the dance "with him", we were then boyfriend/girfriend. He started following me around like a puppy at school and calling me and telling people we were together and all that crap. So I ended up "breaking up" with him over the phone. After which he took to stalking me around school and one time even following after me when I went out into the parking lot, grabbing my arms and desperately saying "What happened to us?!".
ahahahaha. Too funny!!

"What happened to us?!" ROFL.

But, what a night of hell for you!!

Reactions: WildWinds

·
Banned
48 Posts
What an awesome thread... All my "bad" dates were not even close to what I've read here.

My bad dates are like, going out... ok it's not working out, see ya! :crazy:

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Hard question for me to answer but I'll give it a go. Out of the three closest things to a date I have been on. Two I don't think would count since they both had boyfriends and went to a dance with me as friends. The last one was to a dance at another school. Guess it would be considered a blind date. I only got to go since they had an extra ticket and didn't want to waste it and there friend I knew from work offered it to everyone in the back room kitchen. I accepted. It didn't go too bad. Felt weird since I didn't know anyone at all. We kind of split up during the after prom and did our own things. That's about it. Doesn 't sound anywhere near as bad as some of you put down though. After reading a couple post on this thread I have increased my fears of dating.:laughing::laughing::crazy:

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
God, so many bad ones. More than I can remember.

Probably one of the worst was with this single mom who had recently been dumped by some guy she repeatedly referred to as a "self-made millionaire". She insisted that that she had dumped him but I read between the lines. I got to hear all about the guy over the dinner I paid for.

Another one was when I was invited over to a co-worker's house. Another single mom. When I walked through the door she stopped me and said "no sex, ok?". That really tweaked me because I was very conscientious at the time about not expecting sex on the first date. I tried to relax as she went on about something over pizza while a movie played. Her little 3-yo boy ran around all night and wouldn't go to sleep. Finally after getting out of bed the umpteenth time his mother said "ok, you want a Coke? You can have a Coke" whereupon she popped open a full can of full-sugar, full-caffeine CocaCola. It was then that I just picked up and left. She went on to stalk me for the next two years.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I had a pretty poor one with this guy that I'd met on holiday in Greece. It turned out that he lived quite near me so we arranged to meet up when we got home. I took him to see a band that I'd been wanting to see for ages, but it turned out he'd never been to see a band before - like, EVER - and had no idea what was going on so I had to kind of babysit him as he didn't know what to do, so it spoiled the event for me a bit. Then I found out that he actually had a girlfriend in Germany so I felt really guilty for kissing him. He stayed over at mine because he lived in a caravan in the middle of a field in the countryside and couldn't get home, but basically I just kept drunkenly berating him for not telling me he had a girlfriend and for cheating on his girlfriend with me and I kept reading him quotes from "All Men Are Rubbish", this book a friend of mine had bought me. Strangely we never saw each other again!

·
Registered
509 Posts
I got dumped for being a lower level than someone on an online game. 'Nough said. >>;

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I kid you not, my worst date was with a guy who had the nick name "ram rod".

It was a blind date. I think my friend Charlotte secretly hated me. She did make it a double date, her and her future husband , me and Ram Rod. I, of course had to ride with Ram Rod in his ugly yellow hot rod. This was so she and her boyfriend could duck out and have some alone time before she needed to be home.

Right off the bat, Ram Rod was all over me. He was at least 6'4" tall and I'm 4'10" tall. His hands were as big as my head.
He was rude and made fun of everyone we saw. He had a thing about yelling out the window of his car. I was informed by Ram Rod that we would be meeting my friend in a town 30 minutes away. I knew there wasn't much going on in that town so I figured we were all meeting up at a party (cringe, I'm an introvert) or going to the movie theater there. Imagine my excitement to find out that we were all to be attending an auction. People with junk to get rid of would bring their stuff to a building were other folks fought viciously over being the person to take that box of junk home. Ram Rod was a sweet heart and told me he'd buy me anything I wanted under $25 bucks. (You would have thought my heart would have been won right there.:sad:) He continued trying to paw me through the auction, which was not romantic at all. Maybe it was something about the dangling naked light bulbs, or the fact that so many people were smoking I thought I was going to have to fall to the floor and start a belly crawl to the door for fresh air. He told me all about his car, which was cool, but I can't remember what type of car it was as I was too busy pushing his hand politely from between my legs. (His fingers were cold, bless his heart.) Then he informed me he was a real business man. He had a plan to buy some pot from a guy he knew and turn it around for a "killer" profit. I said a little prayer that I could catch a ride with my friend back home, and if I couldn't that we would not get pulled over on the way home. It did answer the question as to why his eyes looked red, here I was thinking it was rage weed allergies. Of course,my so called friend caught a huge ass chewing in the woman's restroom. Where I was informed that she didn't even know the guy, he was a friend of a friend of her boyfriend and she knew I was still a virgin and thought a guy called Ram Rod would be the perfect guy for me. Then she informed me that her boyfriend did not want to insult Ram Rod (who apparently was a bad ass) by allowing me to catch a ride with them. AND!!! I was informed by Ram Rod, later that evening, that it was ok that I was acting like a prude. He said he thought I was playing "hard to get bitch" but when he talked to my friend's boyfriend about it the boyfriend informed him that he had been told by his girlfriend/my friend (former) that I "hadn't had my cherry popped." So, Ram Rod understood I was nervous around his manliness.
I could have died! He did decide to pull over on a dirt road while taking me home and offer to help me with that pesky Virginity problem. I declined the offer as if I was as pure as the driven snow and told him I was raised to wait for marriage. He was no dummy (well, that's up for debate.) and after a few failed tries to talk me into a little slap and tickle he gave up and took me home. I never saw Ram Rod again! I disowned my friend.

·
Registered
526 Posts
@ above.....OH MY .....:shocked: I am SOO sorry. My worst date was simply funny. Nothing that bad.

So this happened a few months ago. I worked as a Museum educator doing Live animal shows for the museum patrons, and I had this one homeschool group that would come in all the time. It got to the point where I knew all the names of the 3 families that made up the group, and they would personally request me to do their shows. One week after the show, all 3 moms came up to me as I was putting away the materials and getting the reptiles ready to go back to their cages. Expecting a question about the museum, an animal, etc, I asked them if I could help them with something. They all demanded if I was single at the same time. Taken aback, I told them that I was in fact single and not dating anyone at the moment. Turns out that one of the moms had a son about my age (I think he was 22-23), and she would LOVE to set us up. (Mom setting up the date = HUGE RED FLAG). I liked the family and honestly had no good response, so I said sure.

Cut to the next week. The group shows up and guess who should be in tow? The son. I proceed to do my show for the group and figure that he'll come approach me or something....but no. So I mentally shrug my shoulders and start cleaning up. His mom literally GRABS me and drags me to meet her son, who apparently thought I was quite cute,. (Her words, not his.) She and I begin to talk while he stands there. I finally get him to talk, but my shift is over, and I was late for another engagement, so I gently hint that I'm leaving and that'll be it. He hems and haws until his mom nudges him over, at which point he asks if I would like to "trade numbers". I'm tempted to make a snarky comment about just trading phones, but I give him my number and race off for my next activity.

A week goes by with no call, and I sort of assume he didn't want to/didn't have the courage, when I finally get a call from him. I was at a party, so I don't pick up the phone and just let it go to voicemail....what I get is the WORLD'S most awkward message. It was literally 30 seconds of him breathing and him informing me who he was. He actually called back because he forgot to ask me on a date, which was the whole point. I kind of laugh and just figured he wasn't very good with girls, no big deal. We set up a lunch date for that saturday.

Saturday, he arrives at my apartment wearing the most impressive shirt I've ever seen. It's hawaiian style, home made, and it's got MASSIVE neon frogs all over it. I was momentarily blinded, but decided I liked frogs, so what the heck. He then proceeds to whip out a carton of these insanely large eggs. Confused, I asked why he had eggs. He told me they were duck eggs and he brought them for me. I figured he brought them because I fed the animals, and I had told his mom that our Monitor lizard LOVED eggs. so I said thanks, the lizard will love them. Apparently though, they were for me to eat because that's what his mom told him I would like. I'm trying REALLY hard not to laugh at this point, but I managed to make it to the car okay, until he decided to stop talking. He put me in his car and then didn't talk for the next HOUR. Not a word. Instead, he sat in silence while we ate, staring at me without blinking. The waitress was super nice to me, but it got to the point where I just burst out laughing because the whole situation was so ridiculous. I finally got him to talk because of that, but then it was only about how he wanted to major in literature, but he didn't like classics. "If it doesn't have a dragon or swords on it, then it's no good!" was his philosophy. I'm ready to go home by this point, but it turns out he didn't have his wallet, so I got to pay. Goody. He then stopped talking once again, and didn't say anything until we got to my door, where he commenced to kiss my hand and say that I was a dear, and call me "fair maiden". (I think he was kidding....maybe. Maybe not. :unsure:)

I shut the door and just started LAUGHING. It was awesome. He then proceeded to call me every day for the next 3 weeks until I had to inform him that one date did not a couple make. He was very upset because he had told his family that we were dating, and they expected me to show up at his cousin's wedding at the end of the month. :frustrating: Needless to say, I began screening his calls, and no longer allow mothers to set me up on dates. Ugh.

ooo! I found the shirt fabric online....on Sassyscrubs.com. Oh yeah. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.sassyscrubs.com/fabric_images/1553.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.sassyscrubs.com/fabric_1553.html&usg=__Xz9QKTBgqnZeR8ir6ytoOtS10Lw=&h=300&w=300&sz=42&hl=en&start=0&sig2=7H6iqNXNma6B3f78X4dp3A&zoom=1&tbnid=bKO_rUU-u4EssM:&tbnh=124&tbnw=118&ei=FLJsTODlDo2-sAPbm8D3Cg&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dfrog%2Bfabric%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26rlz%3D1T4TSNA_enUS391US391%26biw%3D1501%26bih%3D620%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=1184&vpy=84&dur=230&hovh=167&hovw=167&tx=76&ty=78&oei=FLJsTODlDo2-sAPbm8D3Cg&page=1&ndsp=36&ved=1t:429,r:8,s:0

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Limelight 3, thanks for the sympathy and the laugh.
I don't see how you could resist the power of the frogs. That fabric was, ....ummm interesting.
I truly believe you gotta kiss a few frogs to find your prince. (ya like how I played on your frogs?)

No doubt about it, blind dates can be hell.

Reactions: limelight3

·
Registered
603 Posts
Mine's not too bad. No rape, no stalking.

I met a girl on myspace who looked like a younger, less angry D from Always Sunny in Philadelphia. She was the same grade as me in high school and knew some of my friends from local rock shows. So far this still sounds like a bad idea in retrospect.

We had talked a bit and she was obviously really into me so I offered to take her out. She gave me directions to her house and I literally drove almost half an hour away from town and I live in a pretty far suburb. I drive past her driveway twice before finally finding it. It was a long gravel road leading to a house that looked like a shitty rusty shack. She had livestock in the yard. She came out looking like the cute girl I was expecting and had some books. It turns out I needed to drive her to some place in another city to drop them off before our date. So I'm driving down these road in the middle of nowhere where there aren't even arms on the railroad crossings and she's giving me crazy directions so I'm completely lost. Meanwhile, the bug guard on the hood of my dad's car has decided to break and is literally fucking flapping around and creating an awful noise but still stuck fast on there.

From the moment she got in the car, she talked nonstop. She explained that she talks a lot when she is nervous. First she started talking about her truck and how she drives super fast because the speedometer doesn't work above 50, but she always cries her way out of tickets. She then talked about how she liked to get drunk with her friends and kick around one of their hamsters in its running ball. She talked about her ex-boyfriends and how much sex she's had and how they've experimented with kinky stuff. She talked about how she smokes but isn't going to do it anymore if I don't like it. This is to a 17 year old who has never been drunk, never smoked and never had sex. As you can imagine, I was enthralled...

We drove to a restaurant back at the edge of civilization and she talked to me all throughout the meal. It was fine because I really don't care about feeling awkward and did not have much I could relate to. I drove her home afterward and she invited me inside to meet her mom. Her mom and brother were both there, nasty and fat and making frozen friend chicken in a dated oven. The girl talked about how she wanted me to put up christmas lights on their fence with her like some guy did the year before. By the time I got back to my house I had burned through a full quarter of a tank of gas and my dad's car had a 22 gallon tank.

Later, she talked to me online about having sex with me and was very disappointed to find that I was not as eager as she was. It's not like the thought of several really nasty guys experimenting with her body was exactly a turn on. When I told her I didn't want to see her again she got angry and said she already threw her cigarettes away for me.

·
Registered
526 Posts
From the moment she got in the car, she talked nonstop. She explained that she talks a lot when she is nervous.
haha I should set her up with my date! She could balance him out. :crazy:

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
This is just the most recent.

We were at a restaurant and he spent the entire time talking about other people there. I mean, he was criticizing everyone, making comments about people's size, hair, clothes, make-up, everything. And he was talking loudly. I was mortified. I felt like I was back in middle school, not sitting across from a 27 year-old man... :dry:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.