Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
INTPs: Which television series have you enjoyed, and why?

Embedded videos are good (via the long link on YouTube sharing options).

Preferable one show, one video per post.

Please only post if you know of any. No doubt there will be a number of INTPs who consider television a waste of time.

* Apologies if this has been posted before, I couldn't use "TV" in search.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Firefly is amazing

comical but great character development

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just disappear into Once Upon a Time. I think it's the blend of reality and fantasy.

It's really the last thing I expected to enjoy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
In the past I've enjoyed:

For their comedy:
IT Crowd
Newsradio
Better Off Ted
Spaced
Space Ghost C2C
Invader Zim

Boston Legal provided some good thought provoking topics in most episodes.

And of course
Monk, Sherlock, Dirk Gently and House because socially inept detectives are very entertaining to watch.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was never addicted to any series more than The West Wing. I think it was the witty, solid, fast paced dialogue and decisive characters.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I just disappear into Once Upon a Time. I think it's the blend of reality and fantasy.

It's really the last thing I expected to enjoy.

i really like this show, and i think its got a very clever storyline. i hope they don't draw it out too long, and have something more after what i think everyone hopes will happen.

Reactions: Ista

·
Banned
5,168 Posts
Since Firefly and Spaceghost: Coast to Coast (both great shows) have been mentioned, I'm assuming we are not limited to that which is currently on the air. In no particular order, these are shows I quite like:

Freakazoid, Pinky and the Brain, Arrested Development, Deadwood, Kids in the Hall, Robot Chicken, Tales From the Crypt, Sledge Hammer, The Venture Brothers, Boondocks, Oz, and The Walking Dead.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I'm somewhat obsessed with Doctor Who. It's the only show I watch besides the occasional Mythbusters or How It's Made or whatever else is on the Discovery Channel.

edit: Also, Fullmetal Alchemist. Although, I didn't make it very far before I lost interest/got distracted.

edit edit: My absolute favorite show throughout elementary/middle school was The Most Extreme on Animal Planet.

·
Social Pyromaniac
477 Posts
The classic run of The Simpsons will forever be my favorite television show.

The close second:

There's an episode of The X-Files called "Home" that's about a family of deformed inbreds who live on a farm in central Pennsylvania who keep the family line going with their armless, legless, mother, who they keep on a board under the bed.

They drive around in Cadillac Elderado convertible while blasting Johnny Mathis' Wonderful!Wonderful! and murder the town sheriff.

It's my favorite episode of any show in the history of American television, and I believe that tells you everything you need to know about me.

Curb Your Enthusiasm, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia are also worth checking out. I could name more, but I'm already over my limit.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
X-files, Mystery Science Theater, Dexter, Oz, A Haunting, Futurama, Venture Brothers, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Superjail, La Femme Nikita, Red Shoe Diaries, Real Sex, Taxicab Confessions, Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Check it out: w/ Dr Steve Brule, Desperate Housewives, American Horror Story, Sex and the City, Off The Air, Revenge, GCB, 6 Feet Under, Star Trek DS9, Law And Order: SVU, Hidden Palms, Absolutely Fabulous, Boondocks, Chappelle's show, SNL (old snl), Dark Angel, My So Called Life, Daria, Bad Girls Club, Sex in the 90s, The Sopranos, Tales From the Crypt, Liquid Television, G-String Divas, Cathouse, In Living Color, Melrose Place, 90210, The Guild, Lost, Survivor, Aeon Flux, VH1 Classic Metal Mania, Northern Exposure, American Gothic, Walking Dead..

Favorite of all time is X-Files, followed by Sex and the City. Judge if you must. ; )

Edit x 10: I keep remembering things!

Reactions: Ista
1 - 20 of 168 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.