336 Posts
my list of of recomended TV series
Doctor Who
Dexter
Supernatural
Mystery Science Theater 3000
Firefly
Star Trek Voyager
Battlestar Galactca (old and new, but not BST 1984)
All of the Stargate series
Terra Nova
Falling Skies
Flash Forward
Heros
Lost
Eureka
Futurama
Quantum Leap
X-Files
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (i hate to admit it but I got hooked on it)
Monty Pythons Flying Circus
Can we get married or something?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think INTPs would like Steins;Gate! Well, at least if you are not completely averse to anime. I see it as more INTP based while shows like Death Note and Code Geass cater especially well to INTJs. (Not to say we cannot enjoy them too!) It has a good premise and is one of the best time travel related literary works I've seen as well as my favorite anime. It is very emotional yet also intellectually provocative. The female protagonist could be typed as INTP and reminds me a lot of myself in her actions and attitudes throughout the show.

·
Registered
25 Posts
my list of of recomended TV series
Doctor Who
Dexter
Hell on Wheels
Samurai Jack
The Black Donnellys
Supernatural
The Venture Brothers
Babylon 5
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Mystery Science Theater 3000
Firefly
Star Trek Voyager
Greg the Bunny
Caprica
Battlestar Galactca (old and new, but not BST 1984)
MacGyver
Dharma & Greg
Jericho
Dark Angel
Xena Warrior Princess
Jeremiah
Sanctuary
Tales of the Golden Monkey
Farscape
All of the Stargate series
Terra Nova
Falling Skies
The Sarah Connor Chronicles
Flash Forward
Heros
Lost
Eureka
Warehouse 13
Dead Like Me
The Tick
Family Guy
Twin Peaks
Futurama
V (old and new)
Quantum Leap
Sliders
X-Files
Animaniacs
Earth 2
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (i hate to admit it but I got hooked on it)
ALF
Walking Dead
Lexx
Monty Pythons Flying Circus

since this is-already an amazing list, I'm just going to add:

How I met your mother
King of the nerds
My little pony
Secret circle
Code Geass
Death Note

·
Registered
614 Posts
I think INTPs would like Steins;Gate! Well, at least if you are not completely averse to anime. I see it as more INTP based while shows like Death Note and Code Geass cater especially well to INTJs. (Not to say we cannot enjoy them too!) It has a good premise and is one of the best time travel related literary works I've seen as well as my favorite anime. It is very emotional yet also intellectually provocative. The female protagonist could be typed as INTP and reminds me a lot of myself in her actions and attitudes throughout the show.

Definately seconding this, probably my favourite anime.

Don't have much else to add other than mindless babbling so I will spare the thread.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I don't typically watch a lot of TV, but I do stream a lot of newer shows, but I RARELY get into anything with more than a season out, because I don't like to sit and watch a show more than a few episodes at a time. I start to want to do other stuff. Here's series, I've watched/watching lately:

Misfits
Continuum
Orphan Black
Tron:Uprising
Banshee
Hannibal

·
Registered
28 Posts
I can't say i've watched a whole lot of television series from start to finish, nor properly remember even if I have, but I recently watched the entire run (up to the most recently aired episode) of Peep Show. Its an English comedy show about the mishaps of two social misfits in London, England. I think INTP types may appreciate it for its relativity. Plus, its well written and witty comedy, so what's not to like.

The only other TV series that I felt was (overall) consistently good, from beginning to end, that i'd also recommend is Scrubs - probably one of the only American comedy shows that I don't find arduous viewing.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Greys Anatomy all the way! Is it bad that i like that it is sad and depressing a lot of the time? haha I geuss it makes me feel better.

- Video Tube for YouTube - iPhone/iPad

I also really love Psych and New Girl; both can make me cry of laughter.

·
Registered
598 Posts

Not posting the superior version? Shame on you!

Also, Robotics Notes has an anime as well, if you are a fan of Steins:Gate

And to the many who recommended Community earlier in the thread, definitely a good show I would have otherwise missed.

·
Registered
297 Posts
- Doctor Who
- BBC Merlin
- BBC Sherlock
- Supernatural
- Teen Wolf
- No.6
- Hetalia

I also adore the webcomic Homestuck.

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Misfits

Love the whole anti-hero idea, and the many plot twists always keep me guessing. Looking forward to season 5 though it sounds like it will be a long wait.

Reactions: Ista

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Misfits

Love the whole anti-hero idea, and the many plot twists always keep me guessing. Looking forward to season 5 though it sounds like it will be a long wait.
Looks amusing. I give it the award for most annoying music to any trailer made.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Looks amusing. I give it the award for most annoying music to any trailer made.

I don't know, I think the music to this movie trailer is a contender for the most annoying award.

Ruben and Ed

Reactions: Ista

·
Registered
438 Posts
Social group Event White-collar worker Team

Miami Vice -- Not particularly INTP, but still my favorite TV series ever. Watched it back in the 80s, now re-watching it on Netflix.
Favorite comedy would be Monty Python.
I've been watching "Under the Dome;" the first two episodes were pretty good but now it is starting to drag.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I Very much enjoyed Dexter, a series about a serial killer that is confused by the every day life of others.
Its very dark, ironic, and wrong in all the right ways.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I'm very picky about what series I like to watch, so my list isn't very long:

- Twin Peaks
- X-Files (not the last seasons or movies)
- House MD
- The Wire
- True Detective
- Sherlock (BBC obviously)
- Pride & Prejudice (BBC)
- Jane Eyre (BBC)
- The Killing and The Bridge (the original Danish / Swedish versions)

At the moment I haven't got anything to watch :(

121 - 140 of 168 Posts