Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
INTJ 5w4 (Sp/Sx) 594
773 Posts
I would probably go with the INFJ personally.
Of course, this is all based on theororetical stereotypes. Please take this into account

Me and ESTJs tend to but heads over certain methods. We are both concerned with getting the job done, but our methods are different, and we are often equally stubborn.
They tend to favour more "tried and true" methods, were I am focused on the most efficient method, and I don't care where it comes from.
With that being said, I do have quite a bit of respect for ESTJs. I can certainly learn from their ambition, and their overall focus on the present, instead of the future.

But INFJs are just more evenly tempered. That is a huge factor to me.
It is not easy to make them angry, and I can have intellectual discussions with them for a much longer period of time.
I find that ESTJs tend to get frustrated when there is not enough practical usages to what you are saying. They tend to be focused more on practicality, rather than theory, which isn't a bad thing.

It is my view that if there were no ESTJs in the world, nothing would get done lol
Everyone would just be doing their own thing, there would be no organization. ESTJs help keep order in the midst of chaos.

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,370 Posts
INTJ + INFJ is kind of a combo. INTJ + ESTJ is definitely a nombo.

I think every ESTJ I've ever encountered have wanted to tear my as well as their own hair off at some point. There can be physical attraction as with anyone, but that quickly ends when the talking starts. Problems are usually centered around the ESTJ's (in my point of view) blind obedience to rules, while INTJs are willing to bend rules or create their own. I often feel misunderstood and underappreciated by them. I think they view me as very impractical. As mentioned it probably doesn't help that we're both stubborn as they come, so neither side gives in.

With INFJs the connection is often immediate and unspoken. It's actually pretty cool. I could see there being some issues later down the line due to being too similar and not balancing up the weaknesses of eachother. If the Fe of the INFJ is a bit more on the toned down side (which I find is usually the case), then it's alot easier to get along for me.

In my opinion, SFPs is where it's at. At least if the INTJ can handle the inevitable emotional mood swings.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Okay, I'm a straight female, but in my experience, the NT/ST is a no-go in relationships other than casual friendships. Even close friends it doesn't work for me.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,889 Posts
Well, I'm only an Honorary INTJ, but I can say that Sensors and iNtuitives have extra challenges because their communication styles tend to clash (I've posted this many times before).

I was in a long-term committed relationship (married) to an ISTJ for 15 years and we were together nearly 20. What I can say about sensors is they live and die on the details that a lot of iNtuitives tend to find irrelevant. Generally being the more flexible of the two, it usually ends up being the iNtuitive to comprehend and accept that the sensor NEEDs the details as much as they need oxygen to breathe, and they have to be willing to let them do that, or it won't work. Also, in general terms, the SJ needs to know there are plans in place. Uncertainty of any sort tends to drive them batty. This is where iNtuitives live and shine. They are adapters who tend to manage crises better than they do the everyday minutiae (which also tends to drive SJs crazy).

The point is, there are significant challenges because our brains operate on almost diametrically opposed cognitive functions and these obstacles are not easily overcome, but they CAN be. It just takes a little more work.

Ultimately, in my situation, it failed. We drifted apart. We got tired of the constant struggle to communicate very different ideas and had no real cohesive means of maintaining the relationship in the long run. We manged to keep it going for nearly two decades, but eventually, the passion was consumed by differences over details, misunderstandings, and resentments.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I don't think that our minds should/would work like this. I've never ever interested in other people personality. Like, it is compeletly irrelevant to most things in life. What I observed however was how much bullshit they say(hopefully not too many), how much are they capable of different things, how much they can understand or learn things, how stable they are(the more the better, because then there is no drama, no childishness so overall, no annoying, useless, deadweight shit). I don't know about other INTJ's, but if we look at the INTJ functional stack, I would say, that many of us should think like this.

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,370 Posts
I don't think that our minds should/would work like this. I've never ever interested in other people personality. Like, it is compeletly irrelevant to most things in life. What I observed however was how much bullshit they say(hopefully not too many), how much are they capable of different things, how much they can understand or learn things, how stable they are(the more the better, because then there is no drama, no childishness so overall, no annoying, useless, deadweight shit). I don't know about other INTJ's, but if we look at the INTJ functional stack, I would say, that many of us should think like this.
Well, if you for instance work with other people (which most people do to some extent) it is useful take an interest in other people's personality to better understand where they are coming from and avoid miscommunication. You may lead a life where other people are irrelevant, you do you. Though, I think it's a mistake to assume that many INTJs will think like you do, because there is alot of variation within personality types, not to mention differing motivations.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Well, if you for instance work with other people (which most people do to some extent) it is useful take an interest in other people's personality to better understand where they are coming from and avoid miscommunication. You may lead a life where other people are irrelevant, you do you. Though, I think it's a mistake to assume that many INTJs will think like you do, because there is alot of variation within personality types, not to mention differing motivations.
I don't find useful to know where someone coming from, Because it is irrelevant to my life, and If we talk about professional areas, then there are many objective terms, procedures and tasks which are understandable to all who are work there. Thus, no need for be personal, because we can understand each other anyways with these. And in a workplace, you don't get paid for sucking each other, but for get the job done. And you don't get the job done with being personal, but with being professional.

Besides this, I appreciate your feedback about INTJ's who don't think like this. You are right about differing motivations and variations.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
depends on what the choice is being made for, I'd guess.

·
Registered
100 Posts
It is a very personal question, but for myself and as a demisexual, I cannot find Sensors attractive. For me, it is an essential element to be able to share my visions of the future and the references to the past and both doesn't really matter for the live-now-Sensors. For example after the explosion in Beirut I knew of some Ammoniumnitrate explosions in history and if it would have been my decision, I never would have stashed several thousand tons in the middle of such a big city, because the history just tells you what can happen in the future. The difference with people who simply don't think so is just to big. On the other hand, for me personally I have an INFJ penpal, but for a romantic relationship it is more in the direction of INTP. Similar with Fe, but an NT instead of NF.

·
Registered
INTJ
506 Posts
Very good answers as above posters.

Type accounts for 50% of the personality so we can't really say for sure. However that's probably not the answer you are looking for. Both can be attractive in their own way. Some ESTJ females I know are really attractive, some are not.

Some of the best match may include the ENFJ ie. Ritchie Blackmore (INTJ) goes well with Candice Night who is most likely ENFJ. They are the most successful INTJ/ ENF band I can think of. So the INFJ is closer in compatibility than ESTJ if we go around this line of reasoning. Plus INFJ is much more likely to be interested in MBTI so we have plenty to talk about.

This said the ESTJs I know stopped micromanaging me at work and now I get on very well with these ESTJs since I appreciate the structure they provide.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Likely not an INTJ, but I'm going to guess that most INTJs would get along better with an INFJ. Of course, type accounts for around 0% of personality, so no one should make decisions based on this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts