Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious, since SJs are unfairly said to be "mired in detail", "boring" and uninterested in day dreams.
I'm betting there are SJs who aren't extremely practical, and who are dreamy and sort of bookish.
Any of you on here? ALL types, please join in!

·
Registered
196 Posts
I've actually thought about this recently. I would say I tend to have my head in the clouds, day dreaming most of the time, but I'm still pretty well-grounded into the "here and now". I'm a little intellectual, but I'm not full on, because I'll definitely research on subjects I like for fun, but I'm not exactly the smartest person around. Still though, my dominant Si keeps me in the now, and focused on things currently happening around me. I think I'm a little more theoretical because I'm very close to many Ni-users haha

·
Registered
997 Posts
I think I was very much like that when I was young, until around my mid-30s ... then everything around me got REAL. I stopped focusing on what was on the other side of the fence and began being grateful for what I have.

At this stage in my life, of course I have some fantasy in my head ... I always will, but it won't effect my life.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yes! I was always told I was dreamy. Also, I'm not the most practical of ISFJs, and quite introverted. I used to think I was an "N" type--but the functions of the ISFJ fit me to a T! I don't know if I would say I'm intellectual, but I enjoy learning and studying about the world. I'm often lost in thought. But yes, I'm probably more realistic than idealistic when it comes down to my view of life. And even though I consider myself an intuitive person, I'm more drawn to concrete realities rather than theoretical thinking. For example, I'd rather read a book on history and historical events than political or philosophical ideas. I was never into philosophy in school, it was kind of boring to me!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts