Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whenever I accidentally or when someone turns to QVC, rage sets in! I have to either quickly change the channel, if I'm in control of the remote, or flee! Anyone else have similar feelings about QVC?

·
Registered
266 Posts
My mother-in-law probably supports QVC on her own. I hate QVC and everything they stand for (unrelenting dilletantism and materialism).

That show is a pox on society.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
What is QVC?? Home shopping? Uh, what kind of torture device are we talking about? As long as the tv isn't too loud you can kind of ignore it, but most other forms of torture are harder to ignore. According to wikipedia they show that shit on big screens in New York. Ew. Another reason I'm glad I don't live there.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I haven't felt rage at QVC. instead I have found myself staring at the screen in a dull sort of horror. all sorts of questions go through my mind. who are these people? who is their demographic? how do they manage to be so fakely enthused about this crap? do they feel bad about themselves when they go home? do they ever go home? do they sell homes? where am I? who am I? is there no hope for society?

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Would any other INTPs rather spend time in a torture chamber rather than watch QVC?

Well, technically, the question only asks whether you would spend time in a torture chamber. It doesn't say that you will be the one tortured, or that you will be torturing anyone, or that you will simply stand there like an idiot. But given any of those alternatives, I would probably watch QVC instead.

But if you don't take things so literally, for whatever reason, my opinion on QVC is that it's boring and pointless, and that I have far less important things to do with my time. :bored:

·
Registered
462 Posts
I feel your pain. But honestly, if the tourture chamber CONSISTED of QVC, I'd rather spend time there than watch the news. When that's on, I absolutely MUST leave the room.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I get extremely pissed and my mom and gma who watch gay ass reality shows religiously. they are insanely predictable and you can see the commercial coming from a mile away, and they still act shocked and say 'not another commercial' every time it happens. I sometimes tell them how dumb they are, but usually I am able to bite my tongue and get out of the room.

·
Registered
114 Posts
HSN is awesome
QVC is its inferior and odd counterpart

Watching those shows is funny for a bit, I get to make fun of the women there. I could stand watching it if they were selling something cool like knives or a hose (woo!)

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I think the reason INTPs tend to especially hate such shows, besides the pointless materialism and false enthusiasm, is that most of the people hosting it give off a really creepy, exaggerated ESFJ vibe, probably with the assumption that their main audience is likely to be ESF_. E types and S types are in the majority, and most women are F types. (The show seems to especially target women by selling jewelry and other decorative items.) Even without it being intentional, they have probably honed in on what kind of personality they have to display, in order to get a connection with the average viewer, and it is the exact opposite of INTP.

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
I don't hate QVC, only because I never have any reason whatsoever to watch it.

If I'm passing by it whilst switching channels, I may pause on it and giggle at the ridiculousness, but that's about it.

:)

ALTHOUGH, when I was watching a movie, I saw this really nifty knife-block that I'd buy that was advertised on a QVC-esque show in the movie.

Voodoo Knife Block at Firebox.com

Come on, now, how awesome is that???

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think the reason INTPs tend to especially hate such shows, besides the pointless materialism and false enthusiasm, is that most of the people hosting it give off a really creepy, exaggerated ESFJ vibe, probably with the assumption that their main audience is likely to be ESF_. E types and S types are in the majority, and most women are F types. (The show seems to especially target women by selling jewelry and other decorative items.) Even without it being intentional, they have probably honed in on what kind of personality they have to display, in order to get a connection with the average viewer, and it is the exact opposite of INTP.
Dead-on, Snail! That vibe CREEPS me out - venom to my ears and eyes! :laughing:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts