Personality Cafe banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty sure my brother is an ESTJ. We butt heads a lot, debating and arguing semantics, intellectual topics, and things like that. But we also share many inside jokes and have a pretty good relationship. He's often domineering and interrupts me and I'm generally okay with that. He's pretty narrow-minded and refuses to view things on a spectrum. Just some observations about him. Anyways, what do you think of us ENTPs? I'd appreciate your thoughts on us as individuals and also on the dynamic between an ENTP and an ESTJ.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Well, I only have one ENTP friend (that I know for certain is ENTP anyway), and we're not particularly close, but I think we get along well-ish. I'm a little too up-tight, serious, rigid, etc for him, I think. But he's a lot of fun to be around for me, anyway. I like his different attitude and take on life. I annoy myself with how little I can just let go and have fun. He seems to be the opposite. Always laughing, always having a blast, etc. I would love to spend more time with him and get to know him better. Maybe if that happens I can weigh in on this conversation a bit more concerning ENTP/ESTJ friendships.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
One of my closest friends is an ESTJ
We get along really well. We have a similar sense of humor and interests, neither of us take things too personally, and we share the same political and religious views (if that last part was different we've decided we probably wouldn't get along. Not because we hate people who disagree with us, just because of our personalities).

One interesting conversation we had once was when we were waiting for something that was at least half an hour away. She just says to me "So tell me all the things you don't like about me"
And we had a friendly, constructive conversation about what we don't like about each other. It wasn't some enlightening making us better people conversations, it was just becoming aware of those things. Really interesting.
I really feel that defines why I get along with her so well. I don't have to watch what I say.

·
Banned
15,562 Posts
I think my mother is an ENTP, I may be wrong but it seems to fit her most. We get along quite well. She's very open-minded, and understanding of the differences we have in personality. I find her very intelligent and I love hearing about her beliefs and interests. I agree with most of them, but even if I don't, she has a good and fascinating debate prepared. The only time we seem to argue is when I'm in trouble, I become really defensive and stubborn. Then we just end up irritating one another.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I do not get along with most ENTPs.

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
I get along fine with the ENTP I know. Our only conflict is that when we work, we both tend to be detail-oriented. He doesn't want to come up with initial idea...just tweak one that's already in existence. I'm similar in that regard.

Which means when we have to collaborate, it usually starts with both of us asking each other what the other had in mind, with no good answer. Because I rank lower than him, I usually end up being the one to come up with the base idea for our projects, which he and I ultimately cross edit.

In terms of temperament, we get along fine. He's very funny, knows a LOT of random things. Always has a good argument up his sleeve, but knows when to push and when to back down. It's a good relationship.

Reactions: Wartime Consigliere

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.