Personality Cafe banner

What MBTI do my responses give the impression of? Thank you all for the help!

• ENFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFJ

• Other...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
ENFP [verified] 2w3 296 so/sx Phlegmatic-Sanguine
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1.) Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
There’s nothing much I believe could affect how I may answer these questions right now! I’m very driven by a recent dilemma on what my MBTI truly is and I am very determined to figure out which one I lean more towards! I simply feel curious and inquisitive, even a bit pumped and excited!
The only thing that could possibly influence my answers here would be my Asperger’s diagnosis. I feel it has made social interaction feel very unnatural to me, but I would like to explain possible contradictions to this nature!

2.) What kind of person are you and why?
I am very quiet and keep to myself, however I will have these random behaviors such as voicing all of my thoughts out loud A LOT! Friends of mine will say it seems like I’m having conversations with someone, but all it really is is that I enjoy voicing all they ideas that come to mind! Some of these thoughts can even get me excited, and I can’t help but dance to get my joy out! Additionally, I make an effort to always be there for my friends, provide an ear, and give advice and solutions wherever I can to help out! Overall, I think I am someone who values friendship and my love for others over anything. It can physically pain me to see my friends become upset, and I am not someone to shy away from putting my own well-being on the line to help someone out.

3.) What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?
I want to be someone who can be more open and have social interaction come naturally to me. Unfortunately, while I strongly desire to have as many close interpersonal relationships and as many friends as I can make, I do have a social battery that can drain rather quickly, and it can be refreshing to spend some time alone before deciding to have one-on-one time with a friend or going to a party. I sometimes wish this battery didn’t exist and I could just hang out whenever my friends wanted without losing my energy and becoming depleted of my joyful emotions! I really want my friends to be happy, and if I can do that without being hindered by my antisocial behavior, I would jump on that opportunity in a heartbeat!

4.) A. What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? B. If you could change one thing about your personality, what would it be? Why?
I personally feel like it’s my over-the-top nature once someone begins to get to know me. Ever since I was a child, I have been completely shy of others, especially in large groups, and it still goes on today when meeting someone new, and I can only describe myself as “small.” I become very antsy and awkward, responding with one-worded answers and nervous forced laughter. This is never because I don’t want to interact with the person, in fact I love that someone is taking time to talk to me, it’s just that the acknowledgment is awkward! But getting to know me after a while, my shell can completely shed within a matter of weeks to months, and I can easily become hyperactive, unrestrained, and optimistic in my approach towards things! I become a completely different person than what’s expected of me! If I could change one thing, I’d like to have that confidence I get around my close friends for when we first meet! I’d like to be someone who isn’t viewed as a hermit on the superficial view, but rather a warm, welcoming, and dedicated person!

5.) Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?
Many of my friends have described me as charismatic and someone who can’t help but get them to smile! I don’t see much of a difference as that is what I strive to do! A smile is completely pleasurable for me to see, especially if I was the one to do it! If I had to genuinely think of why I logically behave in such a way, I believe it is because I like that I’m doing something good for them! It gives me a sense of acceptance and that there are platonic feelings in a connections!
When it comes to discrepancies however, it’s a bit of an issue as I do genuinely wonder how strangers think of me. Social cues are hard for me to pick up on, so it’s always been near impossible for me to know when people are subtly making fun of me or want to disengage with me. I am not aware as to why some may not like me however as I place far more value in my individuality as I try to be someone I’m proud of and can be happy with! I don’t necessarily want to stand out, but I don’t want to conform in a way that will leave me unhappy!

6.) What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
My most important values are maintaining the positive emotions of others, having unconditional acceptance for their beliefs and choices, and value remaining true to oneself! The reason such values are important to me is because I realized how important being yourself is vital to one’s happiness! My mother had always been very traditional, and when I was younger I agreed that a lot of people should conform to societal norms, but my friends were the ones to help me realize and open up new perspectives for me: Not everyone would be happy under that type of ideology, being made to live a certain because it’s what is expected of them instead of what they want! While, I am open to any number of decisions, I am a people-pleaser and can hurt easily from decisions that harm others. My values are important to me, but my submissiveness can make it hard for me to stick up for them, instead going with the choices of my superiors and what is ultimately for the sake of effectiveness!

7.) What makes you like the personalities of some people?
The personalities that I am absolutely endeared by are the logical types that are will to accept me for my differences! I feel like the minds of many thinking types are wondrous as I strive to understand and get along with them! They help me see future possibilities I wouldn’t have otherwise considered with my sentimental thinking as I hope they do the same with mine, but the addition of them appreciating me makes it perfect! I’ve seen it in a majority of my INTP friends!

8.) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I don’t like personalities in which some are completely dismissive of emotional factors believing them not to be important at all. Those who are stubborn with believing that certain ways of living are wrong and becoming absolutely enraged when others disagree with them. It can come off as close-minded and even hostile in my opinion, and its best to stay clear of someone who may seem controlling in that manner!

9.) How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?
I go with the flow with new experiences! In fact, I may even jump head first into some just to see if I can learn or experience something new! Anything from traveling down an unfamiliar but intriguing road to joining a club that I feel drawn to!

10.) How do you judge new ideas?
I don’t really judge much or have an opinion on them! Just as long as its something interesting, fun, or with good intentions, I will absolutely go forward with it!

11.) What tends to weigh on your decisions?
The one thing that absolutely weighs on me is how my decisions affect others negatively! I dread situations in which I must pick one over the other, and either way one group will get hurt! Situations like that can make me cry or even feel numb sometimes!

12.) A. What activities energize you most? B. What activities drain you most? Why?
Activities that energize me the most are things that I can do that are fun to me, and I often do them in my lone-time! Pretending to act performances in a mirror, gardening, painting, baking sweets for my friends, and scenic walks! Activities that drain me are ones of high professional expectation as those can be stressful and ones where I must interact with very very large groups of people instead of my usually smaller tight-knit groups of friends! Although, there is often the strong desire to just call a couple friends up to make plans, and hanging out with them is quite uplifting! It would all depend on my mood!

13.) A. Describe what an enjoyable situation is for you. B. Describe what a stressful situation is for you.
Enjoyable situations are ones where i can spend personal time with friends, potentially making friends with strangers, and starting expressive projects on stories I come with (even if some motivation to finish them slowly ebbs!). Stressful situations are ones in which I’m the absolute center of attention and have the high expectations as both of these situations cause me to wonder if I’m causing disappointment in these people! I want ti do my best, but it can be tough to keep up!

14.) Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?
Authority is something I do fear a bit in terms if prosecution. I am naturally a submissive person and will follow the orders and wants of others, but I do not like authority figures who go mad with power and think they can take advantage of me or others. I slowly lose respect for them if I see superiors behaving in ways that I don’t think are acceptable or morally just.

15.) Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?
It’s important to have a balance! You don’t want chaotic things to grow out of control nor do you want liberties to become too restrictive! I personally value some chaos as it is what drives many of my decisions as I try to explore new paths and consider all options, but some order can be comfortable!

16.) How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
Gut feelings trigger when I place myself in situations to please others but am not exactly comfortable with what’s going on. I try to ignore my own emotions for the sake of just trying to make others happy, but in a situation that just feels wrong, I may regret the decision later and wonder why I didn’t have the courage to just leave when I know it’s what I really wanted.

17.) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I think before speaking! I always try to take as much time as I need to before providing a helpful response in what I personally believe is as logical as I might construct it! I value both group conversations and one-on-ones equally as long as we’re happy and come to meaningful conclusion in the end! I experience no awkwardness in these situations as I thoroughly enjoy the thought processes of others and being able to have my own voice heard!

18.) What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?
My desire in life is to have those who love me, and to continue to love others in a meaningful manner! I one day dream to get married to someone I truly feel connected with, and I know these stem from a desire to be both happy with myself, have others share that happiness, and have a meaningful lifelong partnership!

19.) What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?
My fear in life would actually be the opposite of the one above! I don’t want to be alone! I want to continue developing my relationships with others and avoid losing others! Ironically, this does sometimes create a sense of insecurity and that I may not necessarily be doing my best are being good enough to others! I can reflect often upon how what I do may affect others around me!

20.) What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why?
I believe that I may be an INFP as it has always been the result I’ve gotten since I first took the test when I was 13 and have done so over the years, however recently I took the test on several occasions for not only INFP, but ENFP to show up as well! And upon taking 16Personalities (albeit knowing that it is controversial), I saw that my extroversion/introversion typing leaned 49%/51%, so a near half split! That given the fact that upon asking my friends what I might possibly be, they said that they see me as ambiverted, and I do agree with them! It has got me wondering if I’m an introvert desiring to be extroverted and that I’m really inclined towards INFP, or just how introverted I truly am!

As for everything else, I am positive that my enneagram is 2w1 as it’s a type associated with self-sacrifice which I am aware that I’m guilty of doing for the sake of valuing my own usefulness to others before personal wellbeing, but I’ve heard it strange for an INFP to possess that as self-preservation is common in that personality type!

I wanted to get the opinion of others who may be more familiar with these typings than I am as I am just super curious as to where I conclusively may lean more towards!! I actually look forward to any responses I may get, and I’m happy to have found a new community to get to know!! :D

Thank you very much!!

[As an edit] I decided to use the Keys 2 website to assess the strength of each of my cognitive functions in order for others to determine! Summarizing them, they came back like this!
  1. External Intuition - 40.6
  2. Internal Feeling - 37.6
  3. External Feeling - 32.5
  4. External Sensing - 32.4
  5. Internal Intuition - 30.3
  6. Internal Thinking - 26.4
  7. Internal Sensing - 23.3
  8. External Thinking - 17.1
Final Result: ENFP

The results confuse me a bit as it would seem to definitely come out as NeFi dominant, but my Te is weaker than my Si, which I believe suggests INFP, but I’m not sure what to completely make of the results here! I believe I’ve just honed certain functions, but it’s a bit difficult here to reach the final answer!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would say you're an outgoing INFP. It seems like you're still more inwardly inclined but enjoy spending time with friends and making people smile. My sister sounds a lot like you and she is INFP.

·
Registered
INFP 6w5 629 sp/sx
1,906 Posts
Normally I would write you a more thorough explanation. Maybe in a day or two or something. Just wanted to welcome you to the forums and say that I enjoyed reading through your questionnaire a lot.

Now as far as how your type goes, I'm leaning towards INFP simply due to how you relate to authority and how strong your social battery is. If we were to generalize the two types to compare them, an INFP would be an opinion-generating machine while an ENFP would be a concept-gathering machine.

After that, I like to cross-check by examining the inferior function but I was unable to do that since your post doesn't really go into what sort of struggles you go through or where your inadequacies lie. If you are determined to find your type, it may be good to do such self-reflection and see what function they would match up with. You can also post them to the public and we can try to decipher them for you. Or you can read other people's questionnaires, find those that you think are typed correctly, and see if you can find their type easily. I tend to think that my questionnaire was quite revealing, and if I'm typed correctly, my inferior Te should be clear as mud.

I see you listed INFJ as your third consideration. This post talks about the difference between ENFJ and ENFP written by @NIHM. It's not quite the type you're thinking of, but I think the information therein might prove useful to you:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would say you're an outgoing INFP. It seems like you're still more inwardly inclined but enjoy spending time with friends and making people smile. My sister sounds a lot like you and she is INFP.
Oh, thank you so much!! I definitely do try my best as I’m always putting together gifts and thinking of new interesting ways to spend time with my friends in new creative ways that will intrigue them! I just always found it strange how much I can be drawn to people while still having a social battery that can run out! As of now, I’m trying to piece together my function stack, but I do believe you when you say I’m INFP-leaning! Hopefully it won’t be so confusing soon! X)
Thank you very very much! :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Normally I would write you a more thorough explanation. Maybe in a day or two or something. Just wanted to welcome you to the forums and say that I enjoyed reading through your questionnaire a lot.

Now as far as how your type goes, I'm leaning towards INFP simply due to how you relate to authority and how strong your social battery is. If we were to generalize the two types to compare them, an INFP would be an opinion-generating machine while an ENFP would be a concept-gathering machine.

After that, I like to cross-check by examining the inferior function but I was unable to do that since your post doesn't really go into what sort of struggles you go through or where your inadequacies lie. If you are determined to find your type, it may be good to do such self-reflection and see what function they would match up with. You can also post them to the public and we can try to decipher them for you. Or you can read other people's questionnaires, find those that you think are typed correctly, and see if you can find their type easily. I tend to think that my questionnaire was quite revealing, and if I'm typed correctly, my inferior Te should be clear as mud.

I see you listed INFJ as your third consideration. This post talks about the difference between ENFJ and ENFP written by @NIHM. It's not quite the type you're thinking of, but I think the information therein might prove useful to you:
Thank you so very much for such a big response! I was able to secure my certainty of being an INFP tonight by hanging out with my best friend tonight! I asked her on a whim if she wanted to hang out which she accepted! I was feeling lonely and had the energy to go out with someone, but as the night went on, she brought up that it seemed I was becoming more closed-off the longer we hung out (I was indeed feeling my social battery running low!)

Strange things happened such as me becoming entranced by many of the unfamiliar stores and having become separated from each other as I went off to explore (I know I have a bit of a fascination for Christmas lights! XD)

Our night ended when I decided to bring up the MBTI and do the tests as something interesting (and because I was curious as to what she’d turn out to be!) and she came out ENFP! So she has the very same outlook on life that I do, but we did establish that I’m the introvert and she’s the extrovert of our relationship! (Although I was able to find out I’m a 2w3 instead o 2w1 through my own repeated tests which I thought was an explanation for my more sociable aspects! :D)
As for her, it made sense since the way I had known her back in high school, she was a very popular girl who was always with multiple different friend circles, and I always admired the way she had so naturally articulated herself socially! Our friendship absolutely resonates with chaotic energy as we both get along well by making decisions with the flow of our adventure and just do whatever drives our hearts! We can both get quite rambunctious at our best! XD

As for my function stack, it’s something I’ve been trying to study, and I can tell you I will very often follow my heart, and it often happens as I get distracted! It’s also what I use when taking these personality assessments; I go for a general answer that just feels right!

But I also can act seriously and think logically when I need to! In fact, a lot of things such as movies and books I like to analyze with practicality and understand the reasoning behind the intentions for pretty much anything whether that be art or someone’s response to a question! I can dwell on it and think of a realm of so many different probabilities, assessing how to respond in finality! This does take a bit, and it is stressful to make a split-second decision that makes sense! I believe that this has to do with extraverted thinking being my inferior function!

But I do feel one of my biggest strengths has to be my interpersonal intelligence and wisdom in relationships! Since I’m constantly seeking out as many friends as possible, I have learned quite a lot about relationships, both from building them and seeing some of them fail, and I have applied it to what I know both romantically and platonically! When looking for the right piece of advice and giving as many solutions as I can fathom, I take in a little bit of information, and this creates what I like to call a tree of potential futures where we can fill in the blanks of possibilities! The more information we know, the better we can narrow a set path to take, and how to best address a situation my friend could be asking about! This technique has never failed in providing helpful information, and relationships have turned out successful through that communication! I believe this utilizes a good portion of my extraverted intuition and introverted sensing traits, but I’m not certain where it would necessarily fall on my stack! As it’s not the number one thing I focus on, and instead comes up dominant when problems present themselves, I think it does rightly fall into the following functions after introverted feeling!

I’m going to continue to learn to get a better understanding myself and the personalities of others so that I can learn how to be the best I can be for them! As of right now, I think I am comfortable with the INFP label, even if it may just be a loose frame for my personality as a whole, and I once again would absolutely love to thank you!!

·
Registered
INFP 6w5 629 sp/sx
1,906 Posts
I am well pleased that you decided to enlist the help of someone that knows you well. Our friends are good sources of advice and information when it comes to understanding oneself. ENFPs have a different relationship with Te than INFPs do. It may be good to ask her about it. Perhaps also ask her about her relationship with Si, it may surprise you.

As you have taken a balanced approach with typology, should your type be different than what you think you are now, I think you will be equipped to come to terms with whatever new revelation you get.

You're welcome. May your appreciative attitude yield you continued happiness.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts