Personality Cafe banner

When do you come here

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting at ~5:30am (I'm basically nocturnal at this point and I have to stay up all night if I want to do something in the morning :tongue:) and I regularly post around this time. I've snuck around a bit and noticed who posts around now and who doesn't. I want confirmation, people! :crazy:

(if you wake up at 5 and post it doesn't count:tongue:)

ETA: opps, ignore the poor phrasing of the first poll option

·
Registered
83 Posts
*Standing up* It's 4:38 a.m. here and I've been up all night (again).

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
4:42am here. For the past two weeks, I've been up until at least 7am. Come to think of it, with the exception of the first week after being on the plane (jet lag) and the very few times that I have been sick, I haven't been to bed before like 3am since.... high school?

Yeah. I literally just cannot sleep. I'm usually so tired and lethargic during the day, but I force myself to stay awake hoping that I will be able to sleep at night.. and then night comes, and I have a huge burst of energy and can't get to sleep until daybreak! lol!

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
OP does recognise the existence of seperate timezones, right...?

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
One thing I found distressing about being nocturnal -- I spent a month living nocturnally and decided I didn't like it -- in Britain (OP) is a lack of 24/7 shops. I would have to wake up before the shops closed to get stuff I needed, drinks, food, smokes etc, and if I missed it, well, I'd have to wait until it opened really early...

Fond memories of McDonalds breakfast: /

4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OP does recognise the existence of seperate timezones, right...?
Yup but it's primarily a north american site so I didn't think that I made too big an assumption. Also, I wanted the night owls to identify themselves so they could be differentiated from those people in other time zones.

(actually, considering I live in Canada but grew up in Australia, I'm pretty sure I'm aware of different time zones :tongue:)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Summer is nocturnal-time for me. Waking up between 12-2 pm and not going to bed till 6 in the morning. Best. Summer. Ever. :laughing:

Of course, it's all over now, now that I get to go back to school.... ugh. *disgust*

4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
*craftily bumps poll just when night owls (in her time zone) appear*

·
Registered
957 Posts
2:20 AM here right now. It's been much worse though. A few months ago, I would be on PerC until seven or eight in the morning before retiring.

4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL, I love how 100% voted for the first option.
Everyone's totally envious of our awesome ways. No one actually wants to sleep at night and do stuff during the day :wink:

Prove me wrong, people! I dare you to participate in this poll :crazy:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
It is a little after 2 AM here, and i'll likely not head to bed until after the sun rises. That is pretty typical of a non-working weekend for me.

4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ewww. Sun.....
So that's what those day dwellers call the yellow, scary disc in the sky. I've only peeked it at a couple times (curse my curiosity) and each time has sent me gibbering back into the dark, dusty confines of my cave. Sweet, sweet darkness.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I am at my best an hour or two before I become too tired to function. So if I wake up at 9pm and stay away until 12am/1pm, I have several hours around 9-10am where I can maybe get things done. When town is just opening at 9am there are far fewer people than in the afternoon, so if I have appointments and things it is not too awful having to be around them all.

4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The PerC Night Owls just might be the source of a future evolutionary break-off from the normal diurnal, sun-dwelling **** sapiens. :tongue:
Yesss. We could evolve into small, translucent creatures that mimic internet speech. OH HAI Night Owls! And we could keep lolcats in our underground sugar caves.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Before I joined the real world I was a night owl but I rarely see 2am these days, so I'd be clinging to the past to say I was :frustrating: Damn work and it's rigid timescales...

I was up 'till 4 this morning though, I'm still an owl at heart!

Edit: Just noticed I'm the only "normal" person on this poll (though I really don't like the reasoning on the only option that applies) - sorry for breaking the pattern :tongue:

1 - 20 of 77 Posts