Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my friend and I were talking about bullies. I don't like seeing bullying at all. I wante to start some kind of organization to stop bullying because our school's way of handling bullying is very delayed, redundant, impersonal, and not a priority.

I was thinking along the lines of giving a speech to the students; making videos on the Morning Announcements about it, researching theories about bullying and coming up with an informative video, making after school meetings, etc.

Am I getting carried away with Ne or is this a good idea? Can you guys help me? I'd love to get everyone's input because more peoples perspective adds to the creativeness and stuff. Thanks!

~Smileygirl

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
I think it's a great idea. You've already stated why it's important to you... because the school's current way of handling the situation is off. Construct your points. How would you handle it differently and why?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it's a great idea. You've already stated why it's important to you... because the school's current way of handling the situation is off. Construct your points. How would you handle it differently and why?
Hmm... After my co-helper people and I give the speech if we do, the students would be informed. If there was an incident afterwards and I were in charge I would first get both sides of the story. I'd analyze their motives after doing my research and stuff. I would then get the people together and try to get them to make up. Whoever was the bully and the victim would come to a peer thingy where they build teamwork skills and whatnot. Also I'd have flyers and forms to come to a program for one day after school a month of whoever wants to come tht is a bullying victim where we can all be close and make friends and stuff:)

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
Hmm... After my co-helper people and I give the speech if we do, the students would be informed. If there was an incident afterwards and I were in charge I would first get both sides of the story. I'd analyze their motives after doing my research and stuff. I would then get the people together and try to get them to make up. Whoever was the bully and the victim would come to a peer thingy where they build teamwork skills and whatnot. Also I'd have flyers and forms to come to a program for one day after school a month of whoever wants to come tht is a bullying victim where we can all be close and make friends and stuff:)
I think that's a great way to deal with it, but you've got to have facts supporting the reason as to why you think that is the best, most efficient way to handle the situation. Take it step-by-step. We need to get both sides of the story in a timely fashion because fill in the blank. The bully and the victom should build teamwork skills together because fill in the blank. Do you see what I mean? Lay everything out for your audience.

·
Registered
336 Posts
YOU GO SMILEY!!! Go for it!! Perhaps in addition to you and your co-organizers speaking out against bullying, maybe you could have an adult make a presentation at an assembly about how bullying affects lives throughout highschool and after!! presentations might be a bit boring, but that was just a suggestion from yours trulyXD you should totally start that though!!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think that's a great way to deal with it, but you've got to have facts supporting the reason as to why you think that is the best, most efficient way to handle the situation. Take it step-by-step. We need to get both sides of the story in a timely fashion because fill in the blank. The bully and the victom should build teamwork skills together because fill in the blank. Do you see what I mean? Lay everything out for your audience.
Hmm... Here is a revised version. Is this what you mean?

After my co-helper people and I give the speech if we do, the students would be informed.
Its good to inform the students with a speech because most students underestimate how serious bullying is. Of course if we inform them they would pribably think twice because it would be occupying their brain a while after if its convincing enough.

If there was an incident afterwards and I were in charge I would first get both sides of the story. I'd analyze their motives after doing my research and stuff.
This is a good idea because instead of getting one side which possibly could be opinionated and lies, we now have a clearer picture of the story. Analyzing their motives helps uncover the root of the problem to further deepen our understanding of the issue so we can see why they bully and use that for future issues.

I would then get the people together and try to get them to make up. Whoever was the bully and the victim would come to a peer thingy where they build teamwork skills and whatnot.
Teamwork activites are good because when the bully and victim have a mutual sense if respect, thy will be less likely to bully each other and other students. People will see them as an example and follow it themselves.

Also I'd have flyers and forms to come to a program for one day after school a month of whoever wants to come tht is a bullying victim where we can all be close and make friends and stuff:)
This is good because everyone likes to be heard. Victims usually are insecure which are easily targets for bullies. Through friendship we gain trust and acceptance which broadens our confidence and love of the world around us.

·
Banned
613 Posts
So my friend and I were talking about bullies. I don't like seeing bullying at all. I wante to start some kind of organization to stop bullying because our school's way of handling bullying is very delayed, redundant, impersonal, and not a priority.

I was thinking along the lines of giving a speech to the students; making videos on the Morning Announcements about it, researching theories about bullying and coming up with an informative video, making after school meetings, etc.

Am I getting carried away with Ne or is this a good idea? Can you guys help me? I'd love to get everyone's input because more peoples perspective adds to the creativeness and stuff. Thanks!

~Smileygirl
I’m in.

Americans live in fear, and not just in schools. You can change it. Run for Prez, be the first female Prez. Ne + Snort:tongue: makes the best activists.

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
Hmm... Here is a revised version. Is this what you mean?

After my co-helper people and I give the speech if we do, the students would be informed.
Its good to inform the students with a speech because most students underestimate how serious bullying is. Of course if we inform them they would pribably think twice because it would be occupying their brain a while after if its convincing enough.

If there was an incident afterwards and I were in charge I would first get both sides of the story. I'd analyze their motives after doing my research and stuff.
This is a good idea because instead of getting one side which possibly could be opinionated and lies, we now have a clearer picture of the story. Analyzing their motives helps uncover the root of the problem to further deepen our understanding of the issue so we can see why they bully and use that for future issues.

I would then get the people together and try to get them to make up. Whoever was the bully and the victim would come to a peer thingy where they build teamwork skills and whatnot.
Teamwork activites are good because when the bully and victim have a mutual sense if respect, thy will be less likely to bully each other and other students. People will see them as an example and follow it themselves.

Also I'd have flyers and forms to come to a program for one day after school a month of whoever wants to come tht is a bullying victim where we can all be close and make friends and stuff:)
This is good because everyone likes to be heard. Victims usually are insecure which are easily targets for bullies. Through friendship we gain trust and acceptance which broadens our confidence and love of the world around us.
This is good. Keep working on it until you feel it is perfect. Once you've done that, send it to me and I will revise it and provide suggestions :)

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Go for it, teasing friends to some extent is normal but bullying people, I don't find it cool in anyway. Even I've a group of *****es in my school who love bullying and spreading rumors about others. I had already complained it to the teachers, and they also got the punishment, but it seems like it's in their nature. They won't change, so I've been thinking of taking some other action..

Reactions: Some Kind of Blue

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
ok then, we start immediately. First, you get rid of the fat guy in your sig -- it makes my eyes hurt. Instead, put a pic of Smileygirl with a big gun, shooting all the bullies..
Smiley in school
infuriated mood on:

FIRE!!!!!!

@Smileygirl- he's damn cool! :p

Reactions: Some Kind of Blue

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Yeah and fire on them like that!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts