Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this girl and I, we've talked occasionally. We usually eat in the room, not together, not at the same time, and not talking.

We don't have a class together but were acquainted. I'd feel wierd mentioning "I've sen you eat alone in the room, do you wanna eat with me"?

So I was thinking of putting the ball in their court, but I worry about a no. I was thinking of telling her " If I don't have something on my *lap or am crouching to paint (in a studio with no class), I'm down to get food or whatever. If you want.

We're both in the room voluntarily. I seemingly have a very intense stare when working, even when I don't want to work on it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I will give you a tip: it doesn't matter what you say as long as it feels normal
I would go for Hey! :) How are you? blablablabla I feel like having some company for lunch , come and join me! :)

·
Registered
545 Posts
What I would do- Notice what she likes to eat, and just bring something for her one day based on your observation. Walk over to her and hand her what you got her saying something like "I'm not going to eat this...blablabla" so she can accept it freely. People like free stuff, so after the burst of positive emotions you just engendered by doing that, sit down and start a conversation. Don't ask, just do it. She's going to be most receptive to you right after that (this is why buying a girl a drink works at a bar lbr). You'll look like a gentleman and a scholar, and have a chance to talk to her and see if either of you is interested in knowing one another further.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
So this girl and I, we've talked occasionally. We usually eat in the room, not together, not at the same time, and not talking.

We don't have a class together but were acquainted. I'd feel wierd mentioning "I've sen you eat alone in the room, do you wanna eat with me"?

So I was thinking of putting the ball in their court, but I worry about a no. I was thinking of telling her " If I don't have something on my *lap or am crouching to paint (in a studio with no class), I'm down to get food or whatever. If you want.

We're both in the room voluntarily. I seemingly have a very intense stare when working, even when I don't want to work on it.
Just say something dude, before she slaps your ass in the friend zone.

Reactions: Ntuitive

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
lol
Just keep it simple and pressure free ok? No romantic shit.
True dat. That Disney shit doesn't work. A simple, "Wanna hang out sometime?" does wonders.

Reactions: Ntuitive

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
It's so odd to ask them, i fear the answer more so than the asking
Especially since we are both introverted
The worst thing that they can say is no. So why not ask?

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Uh, I have this irrational fear of getting a no then things beig awkward and taking it personally, hence why I have yet to ask

And I wouldn't know how to play it cool of I get a no.
Here I'll make you a pitch. It's short and sweet....

"Hey wanna have lunch together sometime?"

Now all she can say is yes or no. See, that simple.

Reactions: Raain

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Here I'll make you a pitch. It's short and sweet....

"Hey wanna have lunch together sometime?"

Now all she can say is yes or no. See, that simple.
Do what he said it's hardly like you are asking her out, just asking if she wants to have lunch together at least it would get you both talking.

Just ask her. What's to lose if she says no then forget about it and move on at least you won't regret having not done so.

·
Registered
275 Posts
lol again
If I were you I would not even think about getting a no. You are just eating together , it's not a big deal. As long as you are not super weird about it she will certainly say yes.
But if you keep getting so worked up about it, you will certainly be super weird when you ask her............

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol again
If I were you I would not even think about getting a no. You are just eating together , it's not a big deal. As long as you are not super weird about it she will certainly say yes.
But if you keep getting so worked up about it, you will certainly be super weird when you ask her............
Ok, guess I won't ask then since you foresee the future.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I would like to reiterate what 'The Great One' said, because asking can really only get that simple. There's no tricks to it, just ask honestly, it's not as if you are asking for marriage so there is no need to over think it.

Now, we know for sure no one will ever just say 'No.' when you ask them to have lunch together with you. If they decline they will always have an excuse and it will be a reasonable one so you won't be left feeling humiliated, because that would make them feel humiliated as well and they don't want that. So what is the worst case scenario? They may say they 'have things to do', they are 'not feeling too well and wouldn't be great company', they 'have to run'. Neither of these are the end of the world, you will just say "Aw okay nevermind then, have a nice trip" or "Aw okay hope you feel better soon". Then you will continue your life as usual.

But it is very highly likely that they will say yes even if they aren't excited at first, especially if you are already in the same place (according to your PM you said he eats in the studio, which I would presume is in the University) and there is no effort required or set up date/time. Sitting down together to have lunch is not a bit deal, the only complication would be if you invite them to go somewhere else for lunch because that has a bigger meaning to it.

·
Banned
1,096 Posts
Some day when I was slightly manic I might try, "You know, I was thinking. If we sit together at the same table while we eat, no one will think that we are alone and that they have to come over to keep either of us company or chat with us, because they will assume we already have company and we are chatting. BUT, little will they know that we have conspired to remain true to our introverted natures by ignoring each other throughout the meal. I call it 'introvert camo.' What do you think? You wanna see if it works?"

If she says no, just smile a little, shrug your shoulders and say, "O.K."

Still, you know how that saying goes, no pain - no gain. I'm sure you'll come up with something and you'll be charming.

Reactions: Vexed

·
Banned
141 Posts
all you say is, " wanna go out sometime."
or you can say, " hi.....i was watching you the other day.....um....would you like to see my wand"

1 - 20 of 24 Posts