Personality Cafe banner

Would you attend a conference dedicated to typology?

• Yes

Votes: 298 84.9%
  • No

Votes: 53 15.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
I would prefer smaller workshops with specific focuses and targets (i.e. mbti and leadership, mbti and finance etc), or even a 'retreat' where you get to mingle and do teamwork activities. When I did the keirsey test in class, we separated into types (nt, nf, sj, sp) and did activities exploring ourselves together. One activity was we had to draw a symbol that represented our types- one nf group drew ET. That was pretty cool I must admit. When people are drawn into a group with a focus on similarities, it results in very good dynamics.

I would rather do something that involves experiential learning. A casual gathering may be cool as well.

Even though I said yes to the poll, I don't really want to be talked at. I would go if only to observe the different types if that were the case.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I guess I would go as long as I didn't have to talk and could just observe

·
MOTM Feb 2012
ISTJ 9w1
7,167 Posts
Please vote...If there was an event in which you get the chance to meet with typology enthusiast, would you attend? This is a simple yes or no poll. Don't factor in things that would prevent you from attending. :happy:
I guess I'm already the main attraction at this event, so I'm forced to go eh? :crazy:

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
Absolutely! The only thing that could possibly stop me would be the fact that I don't drive, and I live in a remote area where such things never happen.

Reactions: Erudis

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Assuming I had the money, time, and ride, the interest is pre-provided. Yuppers.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I've gone to typology conferences before and had a great time. I learned alot and it was fun seeing the different types behave. The food was good too. That's a plus. The only drawback is the cost.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
It depends... By enthusiast, do you mean someone who is only very excited about the topic but in reality knows very little about it, or do you mean an expert on typology? I'd rather attend a conference with an unenthusiastic expert than an enthusiastic amateur.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I'd definitely go if it covered the functions. I don't really want to hear about E vs. I or P vs. J for long periods of time just because it's so basic, but I might consider it if the person brought some sort of innovation to the table.

·
Registered
INTP sp/so 9w1 6w5 4w5
5,424 Posts
I'd love to go! It'd be fun just to meet other enthusiasts, but there are tons of other things we could do depending on the size of the event. I'd love to have access to panels/groups of correctly typed people, professionals who could correctly type us and answer questions, presentations on how to use our strengths and improve our weaknesses, and just casual conversation and organized activities with other enthusiasts, both of my type and of others, and maybe even some sort of event for singles.

So @Happy, when are you making this happen for us? :happy:

Reactions: Unicorntopia

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Yes i would go if i could find a way to get there,because i assume it would be held in the US and i'm way down in Aus.But i'd move heaven and earth so i could meet all of the friends i've made.And i agree with Unicornitopia that we should have type tags,but they should also have our name on them.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.