Personality Cafe banner

Would you attend a conference dedicated to typology?

• Yes

Votes: 298 84.9%
  • No

Votes: 53 15.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Yes I would. However, I'd only go if the program was more than a bunch of people coming together because they took a watered down poorly administered test off da internets.

Otherwise, if i go to the website meetup.com i see abunch of less formal groups that gathers typonerds

·
Registered
419 Posts
I must ask to which typology you are referring. Are you talking about anthropological typology? Theological Typology? Economic or Political Typology? Typologies of Realism? Typologies of Sign Language? Maybe you are talking about Jungian Typology, but how do I know that you aren't talking about Marxian Social Typology? A Typology is simply the study or systematic classification of types that have characteristics or traits in common, and I think it is better suited to fields like Politics and Sociology.
I would be interested in a discussion of the different "typologies" or interpretations of personality. I've always wanted an in-depth cross-comparison of Myers Briggs, Big Five, and others. I would not be interested in Religious typologies or criminal typologies.

Psychology and Typology
Psychosynthesis Typology
I would attend a conference discussing subjects such as these.

·
Registered
989 Posts
No, as an amateur, I prefer interacting on the site. I like learning about the functions this way.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Why not?
It's better than sitting down doing nothing in particular :p

·
MOTM June 2011
6,992 Posts
I would go just to see how willing everyone will be to talk because they aren't hiding behind anonymity. If they're as argumentative, tough, flirty, or fun as they portray themselves to be on PerC.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I'd actually prefer a conference where everyone just shows up with shirts saying their type and has the freedom to do what they will (so essentially just drop us in a big empty school with food).... would be an interesting social experiment to see if people naturally gravitated into solitude with their own types or sought out others and which those would be........ of course... given that poll about what boards people look at, I feel like everyone would just stare at the INTJs... and then we'd all start plotting our revenge.

Would be a good way to meet some ENFPs though ;)

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
It sounds interesting, but realistically, I'm not so sure I'd actually get out of my house for that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
if i can factor our the fact that i have no money, YES!

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Yes!

I'd like to become certified in MBTI!

41 - 60 of 79 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.