Personality Cafe banner

Would you attend a conference dedicated to typology?

• Yes

Votes: 298 84.9%
  • No

Votes: 53 15.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
I would absolutely love to go to this sort of thing. I am so fascinated with the whole typing thing I would probably be ecstatic to interview as many people from as many types as possible and see if I can actually SEE the similarities between people in real life- I'm really curious as to how valid it actually is and feel that the 'real life' test is the only one left to do! But hardly anyone I meet in real life has ever even HEARD of it.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Nice idea: to spice up hire some actor to make funny typologies according to his own expertise and perhaps some things from this forum...:D

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I'd actually prefer a conference where everyone just shows up with shirts saying their type and has the freedom to do what they will (so essentially just drop us in a big empty school with food).... would be an interesting social experiment to see if people naturally gravitated into solitude with their own types or sought out others and which those would be........
This reminds me of plans I used to discuss with a friend in college. I wanted to blow away the Greek system and replace it with 16 coed fraternities by MB type. Then they could plan mixers with other compatible types and much fellowship and sense of belonging would ensue.

(For those outside the US: "Greek" fraternities and sororities are optional social organizations that, to me as an outsider, seemed mostly like a way for their members never to go wanting for ready drinking buddies. I'm told that they have some sort of higher purpose. But then, i guess Hollywood has been pretty good at exporting this image via Animal House, etc., so you may have already known all this.)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well there is one, the Association for Psychological Type international host a biennial Type conference in the United States for type enthusiasts to get together and learn from one another. In fact they are hosting Type In Wonderland this year in San Fransisco in August. If anyone is interested go to Home - APTinternational

I went to the one in Texas 2 years ago and it was like finding my community. It was an amazing experience I learned a lot and made some connections that will stay with me for life.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yes, I would want to attend if it was either close to home or at a good vacation spot, and there better be good food provided by the conference admins.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
love it

absolutely! This kind of stuff is what I live for! I am new to it all and so intrigued that I would actually change my career to learn more about the subject.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.