Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I'm always very mildly offended because I don't feel like I am a particularly unapproachable person (I often act a lot more personable than I'm really feeling), but it's more of a reality check than anything to be truly offended by. If it comes from someone close to me, it can sting a little but it doesn't phase me very much coming from strangers/acquaintances.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Nah, because it's a fact. I am hard to approach. I hate that fact sometimes, but I'm learning to deal with it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Not really , that's just how I am. In fact i want the person to work for it because let's be honest here , if you're not willing to put in the effort you shouldn't be rewarded .

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
no, that would actually make me feel better as then I would stop guessing that the others didn't like me...which usually isn't the case. hard to approach/intimidating are both related though.

I mean, I'm a big a$$ guy, with usually a serious face on, I'm sure I *do* look intimidating and people think it's hard to approach.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Nope. It's just a fact that I seem that way.

Although, I do try to act pleasant to new people until either I know them better or know what they want. Then it's usually based off of how much have they done for themselves and how do they treat me and others.

·
Banned
486 Posts
I`ve been told this before and it does not offend me unless it is being said accusingly, as if I am making things difficult for them. Someone being hard to approach has nothing personal to do with with individuals wanting to approach, its an impersonal decision and shouldn`t be taken as a personal slight.

Only some people think I am hard to approach, most people think I am aloof but if they approach me they find I am very approachable and willing to converse. I just don`t seek out random social connections to establish security, I`m comfortable in my own world. If someone is finding it difficult to approach someone else it isn`t entirely about the approache, something in the approacher creates that difficulty and the person they are attempting to approach is not responsible for that.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I hear it frequently. It mostly just surprises me.
I typically end up being friendly with those who aren't afraid to approach me though.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I'd wonder what the hell they could be talking about. It's not like I've installed the alligator moat yet. All one has to do is walk up to me and speak their piece.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I'm mildly amused when I hear this because I'm really quite warm, charming, and funny when I am approached.

Reactions: coolcats

·
Registered
76 Posts
I wouldn't be offended at all, party it's true, but also if they think that then what of it? Their problem.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nahh, it isn't bothersome at all. we are just kind of hard to approach. our calm expression is usuallys anothers angry or pissed facial expression. and we are confident, which a lot of people kind of get set back on that fact. So I honestly don't mind at all, I prefer poeple not talking to me.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I'm not so much offended as I am surprised as well. Never occurred to me I may be difficult to approach, but once the knowledge set in I didn't mind. I was more amused than anything.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts