Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spent a lot of time learning MBTI but I can't figure myself out for the life of me. As soon as I seem to settle on a type, I begin to doubt it.

I'm asking on the INFJ forum because I believe you should be the best at typing.

If you are willing, please tell me what you would need from me.

Thank you!

·
Banned
3,600 Posts
Do you smile a lot in public?

How do you feel about science/knowledge?

What do you dress like?

What is your role in your group of friends?

Describe your emotional tendencies.

Do you get unique ideas often?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much, @Jeremy8419.

Do you smile a lot in public?
I don't think so. I give the courteous smile/nod when passing someone, but I likely generally look pretty serious.

How do you feel about science/knowledge?
I like science and knowledge. I have a natural ability to understand science--in other words, I can understand scientific theories without as much effort as say memorizing historical facts. But I don't necessarily pursue science or even knowledge for it's own sake. If I'm learning something, it is in pursuit of something else. For example, I have learned a great deal (relatively speaking) about MBTI over the past year, but it's been solely for the purpose of understanding myself. I don't think I would learn it to learn it for knowledge's sake.

What do you dress like?
Plain. I wear jeans and khakis, t-shirts, etc. Just plain. Black, gray and blue.

What is your role in your group of friends?
I don't really have any these days. But when I did, I filled a few roles. I was considered smart, but I was also the "creative guy", the "religious guy", the poet, the clown.

Describe your emotional tendencies.
I'm pretty even keel most of the time. I try to be rational and I think I usually am. But I cry like a little girl when watching emotional movies (even non-emotional ones). I can get very angry if I feel someone is endangering me or my loved ones. I can know that there is a rational decision, but I won't be able to make the rational decision if it will hurt someone's feelings.

Do you get unique ideas often?
I don't know. I get ideas a lot. I think constantly. But I don't dream up off the wall ideas or far out notions. I feel like I'm constantly trying to figure things and people out. So, my ideas tend to be hypothesis on how/why people and things behave the way they do--why things are ordered the way they are.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What are your stances on rules and regulations?
I try to abide by them. Most laws are just. I consider myself a rule follower. I believe laws should be made and enforced as small and as local as possible.

How do you budget yourself?
I'm frugal but I'm not naturally good at budgeting.

What is your idea of a really good weekend?
A movie Saturday night. Church on Sunday. Barbeque dinner with my family in the backyard.

How much attention do you place on your health?
It varies. I go between extremes. I could go months waiting garbage and then months eating like a monk and exercising regularly.

·
Registered
25,985 Posts
In depth, explain why you chose your avatar.

Reactions: militantsparrow

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In depth, explain why you chose your avatar.
I change my avatar a lot, but I generally pick a hero of some sort. In this case I chose a knight. The knight (or archetypal superhero) represents to me inner strength. It's about doing what's right regardless of outside pressure. It's living up to a code of conduct. It's about standing up and protecting those who can't help themselves. In short, it's what I aspire to.

·
Registered
25,985 Posts
I change my avatar a lot, but I generally pick a hero of some sort. In this case I chose a knight. The knight (or archetypal superhero) represents to me inner strength. It's about doing what's right regardless of outside pressure. It's living up to a code of conduct. It's about standing up and protecting those who can't help themselves. In short, it's what I aspire to.
So kind of like a guardian for, or protector of the people? Is the code of conduct one imposed by the monarch or one you've adapted through your own/run ins with other's injustices?

In depth, explain why you chose your forum name.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So kind of like a guardian for, or protector of the people? Is the code of conduct one imposed by the monarch or one you've adapted through your own/run ins with other's injustices?

In depth, explain why you chose your forum name.
I'm not sure where the protecting comes from. I guess my understanding of chivalry, what it means to be a man, etc. The virtues are important to me. The "Worlds Greatest Generation" are heroes to me.

My my forum name is a combination of two things. My dad used to call me his little sparrow when I was a baby. Militant comes from the Catholic/Orthodox principle of the Church Militant--those of us on earth fighting the good fight. I liked the juxtaposition of something so gentle as a sparrow with something so sturdy like militant but I also liked the story it told. From baby to man.

·
Banned
16,000 Posts
How one dresses, smiles, health, etc. has nothing to do with type. They could just as much be products of experience/culture.

What types have you narrowed yourself down to, and what reservations do you have about each?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How one dresses, smiles, health, etc. has nothing to do with type. They could just as much be products of experience/culture.

What types have you narrowed yourself down to, and what reservations do you have about each?
I was hoping I didn't have to say. I'm worried it may taint everyone's typing. :)

·
Registered
25,985 Posts
I'm not sure where the protecting comes from. I guess my understanding of chivalry, what it means to be a man, etc. The virtues are important to me. The "Worlds Greatest Generation" are heroes to me.
Do you think it's easy or practical to follow this code of conduct or do you feel it's a struggle to stay true to it?

My my forum name is a combination of two things. My dad used to call me his little sparrow when I was a baby. Militant comes from the Catholic/Orthodox principle of the Church Militant--those of us on earth fighting the good fight. I liked the juxtaposition of something so gentle as a sparrow with something so sturdy like militant but I also liked the story it told. From baby to man.
So the name has various levels of connection to you personally and also plays a bit like a puzzle from an intellectual view.

Does that juxtaposition represent yourself or your thoughts in any way? Explain.

Be honest, on a scale of 1-5(1 being not, 5 being very)how glad were you to be able to explain the true origins of how your name was derived.

If the answer is somewhere in the middle, why is there conflict or hesitation?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Do you think it's easy or practical to follow this code of conduct or do you feel it's a struggle to stay true to it?
It's a struggle. But when I can look back on a moment when I was able to follow it, I feel good.

So the name has various levels of connection to you personally and also plays a bit like a puzzle from an intellectual view.

Does that juxtaposition represent yourself or your thoughts in any way? Explain.
Yes it does. I've always sort of felt that I was of two worlds. I am a spiritual creative type, but a natural with computers and science. I sometimes feel as gentle as Mr. Rogers and other times feel like I am a leader.

Be honest, on a scale of 1-5(1 being not, 5 being very)how glad were you to be able to explain the true origins of how your name was derived.
5. I love talking and learning about myself.

·
Registered
25,985 Posts
Would you kill 20 innocents in cold blood to save the love of your life?

How would you react if your love thought you were a monster and left you after?

Do you load your dishwasher in the most efficient way possible or do you just put things where they fit?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Would you kill 20 innocents in cold blood to save the love of your life?
No. I don't think so. It's hard to imagine a scenario where I'd need to. I mean I would fight for my loved ones, but murder is out of the question.

How would you react if your love thought you were a monster and left you after?
Devastated. If I did something so brutal, I'm assuming it would be in an emotional rage--I'd be out of control. I'd feel broken. Having my loved one leave would only make it worse, but I can also see me feeling my loved one shouldn't be around me after I did something so brutal.

Do you load your dishwasher in the most efficient way possible or do you just put things where they fit?
Most efficient. No question.

·
Registered
25,985 Posts
My guess wanted to be an INFJ.

But I think you are an ISxJ(leaning towards F), maybe an ESTJ. I'm far from being an expert at this...

Have you taken one of those free Jungian Cognitive Tests? I think the results may enlighten you as to why you feel a pull towards more than one type. I suspect some of your opposing functions will be quite balanced.

Reactions: militantsparrow
1 - 20 of 38 Posts