Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, every test I take it always comes out ISFP. I feel I match the attributes, such as an artist, pick up instruments quickly, generous, great listener that an ISFP usually carries.

When I was younger I was pretty shy, and to myself. I was self-conscious almost because I felt I didn't fit in with society, felt alone. Once I hit high school I feel the way I lived those years made a lot more confident and alive, especially with some great supportive parents and friends. I would constantly go out to parties with friends, all the girls at school started considering me as some big flirt, and I was constantly doing sports.

Anyways I read all the traits they have on an ISFP. It matches me in a way to who I am now, such as I feel I do have the need to recharge my batteries after talking to people for a while.

The thing is it's very easy for me to say No to people. Harmony is important to me, but I can easily break it as well if I need to. I always call out people and confront them when I feel something is wrong. I keep reading that ISFP's are horrible at school, and it's hard for them to strive for further learning, but ever since I was little I have always really liked school, got a goal of getting an MBA. I've never had a problem with it, and finished it without ever thinking of how lame it was. Also I have a tendency to hate people telling me what to do, but I like controlling people. People call me out sometimes when I am dominant, or say i'm pretty stubborn when I don't want to do something. I'm very kind though i'll give you that, but at the same time i'm ready to quickly step up to people who bother me.

Anyways I don't know, just a self-reflection, I think I fit the ISFP description, yet at the same time I feel like maybe i'm not that bottled up emotionally, or let people step over me like the personality describes it.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Well, you sound very ISFP to me. And you sound a bit like me. I love that I'm getting an education, and I don't let people walk on me (usually...). Nobody fits the descriptions exactly, and it seems like there's more variability in ISFP's than many other types. If you think it fits you, there's a good chance it does.

Just make sure the profile fits who you are and not who you want to be. I had problems with that for a while.

but yes, you sound ISFP to me :)

·
Registered
959 Posts
Hey guys, every test I take it always comes out ISFP. I feel I match the attributes, such as an artist, pick up instruments quickly, generous, great listener that an ISFP usually carries.

When I was younger I was pretty shy, and to myself. I was self-conscious almost because I felt I didn't fit in with society, felt alone. Once I hit high school I feel the way I lived those years made a lot more confident and alive, especially with some great supportive parents and friends. I would constantly go out to parties with friends, all the girls at school started considering me as some big flirt, and I was constantly doing sports.

Anyways I read all the traits they have on an ISFP. It matches me in a way to who I am now, such as I feel I do have the need to recharge my batteries after talking to people for a while.

The thing is it's very easy for me to say No to people. Harmony is important to me, but I can easily break it as well if I need to. I always call out people and confront them when I feel something is wrong. I keep reading that ISFP's are horrible at school, and it's hard for them to strive for further learning, but ever since I was little I have always really liked school, got a goal of getting an MBA. I've never had a problem with it, and finished it without ever thinking of how lame it was. Also I have a tendency to hate people telling me what to do, but I like controlling people. People call me out sometimes when I am dominant, or say i'm pretty stubborn when I don't want to do something. I'm very kind though i'll give you that, but at the same time i'm ready to quickly step up to people who bother me.

Anyways I don't know, just a self-reflection, I think I fit the ISFP description, yet at the same time I feel like maybe i'm not that bottled up emotionally, or let people step over me like the personality describes it.
Hello ISFP :laughing:

·
Registered
751 Posts
Sounds pretty on point to me. No one fits one type perfectly, there are different shades within the types, I guess you could say. I'm with you in that I like going to school and have always been pretty good at it, and as I've matured, I can say no to people pretty easily. The sports and partying is on point with stereotypical ISFP traits, too. Welcome :D!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Yes, you're an ISFP. You just aren't a stereotypical one. Neither am I. ;)

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
You may be an ISFP. technically we don't much about ur functions and the likes to figure out if ur Te Ti Ne Ni...and so on.
Anyhow, Im an ISFP and i always loved learning, just the school i was in previously, dampened my ardour. I repeated a year coz of Maths and people were terrible. After i changed school some years later, everything was amazing. And i began to love studying again and now im doing really well in school and everything is as it should be! :proud:
I stick up for myself and others too....but it is true that i do *prefer* harmony..but i'll be in ur face and kick ur ass if u dare even cross me! :angry: but yeah oderwise im pretty cool :p

·
Registered
402 Posts
Has anyone ever told you that you seem like an ESFP? I'm not saying this because you stand up for yourself, but your other posts just sound very E to me.

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
You know yourself best.

I can't relate though. Except for being active in school. I never could stand school, and I never did my homework.
The only reason I stayed in school was because my friends were there. So when all my friends disappeared I quit.

When I moved to a different city, switched schools in eight grade, I tried my best to stick around and get along with
people, but in the end I couldn't do it. I spent eight grade skipping classes, entire school days, and I spent those
days downtown, sitting on the docks with a soda watching the sun rise. And when the city woke up and people began
to crowd the streets I usually took the bus back home.

I never saw anything good come out of being in school. I still can't, because I'm self taught- I only learn if I have a passion for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts