Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
I'd date a girl without a home if I liked her enough. But I do get your point. As someone who relies on his legs and public transport to get around, I'm more than familiar with the materialistic expectations most (not all) women (not school girls) have before they'd consider dating you. Post-feminist society has become hypocritical to say the least. Society has accepted that women can do whatever they want, which is fine and good, but society still expects men to be "men": We must still initiate everything, make the decisions, be the leaders, be the supporters, have a car, have our own place etc.

Sometimes being an INTP male ain't so easy in this world.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
i wouldn't care. i love walking, cars are expensive and walking is fun!

Reactions: geGamedev

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Yeah, I don't place much emphasis on that kind of material shit. Actually, come to think of it, I'm not sure, that I've ever dated a woman, who did have a car. Some, technically, had no home.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
The faster she gets to me after her bootie call the better. Otherwise, material possessions don't matter.

Reactions: L'Empereur

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
The faster she gets to me after her bootie call the better. Otherwise, material possessions don't matter.
Where do you live, sir?

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Right on the corner of "Lets" and "Go!" :tongue:
Well come sleet, snow, or hail storm, I have some running shoes that have "BassClef or Bust" written on the toe box. :wink:

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I'd date a girl without a home if I liked her enough. But I do get your point. As someone who relies on his legs and public transport to get around, I'm more than familiar with the materialistic expectations most (not all) women (not school girls) have before they'd consider dating you. Post-feminist society has become hypocritical to say the least. Society has accepted that women can do whatever they want, which is fine and good, but society still expects men to be "men": We must still initiate everything, make the decisions, be the leaders, be the supporters, have a car, have our own place etc.

Sometimes being an INTP male ain't so easy in this world.
I bolded the things I appreciate you for saying.
Yay for non-materialism. Also, yay for wanting things to be fair. I wish the feminist movement had focused more on allowing men greater freedom to behave in stereotypically feminine ways rather than just making it okay for women to behave (often selectively) in stereotypically masculine ways. Authenticity for all! FREEEEDOM!!!

:) I'm my own kind of feminist. I want the kinds of men I love to be allowed to exist without being shamed for it.

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
jimmie's chicken shack <3

She wanna string of pearls
All I got her was a necklace
Made of flowers from the trash can
She wanna make me pay for it
Yeah while I'm at it guess I'll take another bath, man
And the record's out
Holdin' steady gaining on last place
And in a moment's notice
We'll be ready for the next new phase
Another stupid craze

She's gonna make me pay for it
I start to sing and cry and then
It makes me laugh, man
Yeah we've all got doubts
Might not be winning but still in the race
And in a moment's notice
We'll be ready for her next new phase
It might be hard to sell
Still never in giving
Have I given- so deep...oh, well
Will you give it all to me when you're dead
You can keep the scent on my pillow
To settle your broken-heart and head
Will you think of me when you die
Holding steady
Moment's notice
Again she left with my heart in hand
She says she hates me
Yeah she's lied before
Again it's time to play me
Yeah it just adds up
That same sad melodic score
I wrote another one
Does this one count
And did cost as much as all the other ones
So much more...
So much more...
So much more...

She wanna make me pay for it
And while I'm at it guess I'll take
Another bath man
Yeah the record's out
Holding steady gaining on last place
And in a moment's notice
We'll be ready for her next new phase
So I state my case
Would you want a string of pearls
'Cause all I got you was a necklace
Made of flowers, made of flowers from a trash can
And she wanna string of pearls
Ain't that enough, ma'am?
I think it's worth so much more
I think it's worth so much more​

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Out of the two girls that I have been with neither of them had a car. The first because she was insane *gush* and the second because she had issues with self-confidence and fear of beginning in control of a huge chunk of metal that can do serious damage to stuff. I helped her deal with those issues and before long she had her license and own car! ^____^
Soz rayne not sure how to tackle the underlying question on this one :p

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'd definitely ditch the guy anyway if he's only interested with me because i had a car. I mean, that'll be too superficial of him...:dry:

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I'm dating a girl that doesn't have a car. Neither of us has a car actually. She prefers to walk, I prefer walking or public transportation. It works out for us. I do need to get my license at least though because I live in a pretty rural area now where everything is spread apart too far for me to walk and the public transit system sucks. *sigh* I hate driving.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Hehe i was the same Crucifarae but believe me, driving not only makes you more mobile, but is also quite romantic if done with someone you love and at night :). Don't know about ye ol lesbians, but its a new place to have sex at aswell!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
but its a new place to have sex at aswell!

I find the experience to be incredibly awkward unless she is on top the whole time. I'm sure it depends on the car, but four play is like playing a game of twister. As a side, one of my fondest memories was seeing my oldest brother drive home when I was 10 or 11 with the biggest smile on his face. I knew why when I saw his girlfriend's head pop up, look at me with horror, and put her head back down. I never let him forget it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.