Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't 'date', but whether or not a guy has a car has doesn't influence my feelings toward him or my opinion of him. I have the same sentiments toward his amount of money, whether or not a guy still lives with his parents, his line of work, and his level of education. It all depends on the motivation and causes behind his actions and current situation, but I don't judge at all

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Are you kidding? I could never date someone who doesn't own a vehicle. Not only is it the first thing I consider when choosing a partner, but especially in this economy, where vehicles are SO EASY to maintain and gas prices are so wonderfully low, not to mention the impeccable driving skills of every motherfucker on the road that could never, ever cause accidents... ... ...

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
No way. A guy without a car is clearly a loser with nothing positive to offer.
Are you being sarcastic? I could tell Airmarionette was (cool avatar btw XD ) but I can't tell with you....

Anyways, I am a guy but I wouldn't care if a woman didn't have a car. Although circumstances should be taken into account, if they don't have one 'cause they're too lazy to try and get a job, that's different. Although I wouldn't go after someone like that so I suppose anyone I'd like would have a good reason for not having a car :wink:

·
Registered
115 Posts
It depends. If he doesn't have a car because he's living in the city and doesn't want one, rides a bike a lot, or loves public transportation, then that's legitimate. If he doesn't have a car because he's too lazy to get a job and can just borrow his mom's minivan when he wants, then that makes him unattractive. Maybe not enough to keep me from dating him, but generally I do prefer a guy who has no problem getting what he wants.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
make no difference to me..TBH it would almost be preferable-i love walking!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
It should completely depend on where you live. I live in a city where parking is next to impossible to find, and owning a car is just generally inconvenient. I use Zipcar when I need to (renting-a-car for 8 dollars an hour). If owning a car is too important to the other person, than that is just materialistic and an immediate turn off.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I could admire a guy for living his convictions if not owning a car was a part of that (not sure I would date him, though).
If a guy did not own a car because he owned a motorcycle, well...that's sorta hot.

·
Registered
314 Posts
My boyfriend doesn't have a car and it's never been a problem. If he needs to go anywhere, he walks, bikes, takes the bus, or takes a cab. He could save up for one if he wanted to, it's just not a priority. I have a scooter, but it's only for one person so he doesn't get to go on it :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Me before (when I was 18) :
The man I was with 19 years, when I met him, he didn't have a car, money, a job and was living
in the basement of his mom's place.... but he whent back to school, got a good job and had a car...
I was happy to be there when all those great things hapend in his life. (he overcomed other things too)

Me now (39) : YES a BMW = Bus, Metro, Walk... :wink:
I don't care if he has a car or not, but he needs to be good with money (not to have alot and not for me
to spend) but just so I don't have to lend him some or that if we want to go out to do and activity we could.
a car is just a way of transport, where I live we have bus, metro, trains, taxis.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I date a guy who did not have his own car LOL Lucky for me a year later he bought a 2008 Nissan Altima. He lets me drive it around while he drives my old car! :cool:

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Whatever. I"m an artist which makes me a pseudo bohemian. Many of my colleagues and fellow professors don't own a vehicle due to personal values. I own what I want for the reasons I want. I don't expect my partner to provide anything I can provide for myself.

I don't judge a person by their material possessions at all. If their values and life style match mine, that is more important. As long as they are fully functioning, motivated, and independent, that's more important to me. Hey- maybe they will even get me to give up my car.

I love men who go a different path. I would probably find it sexy.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
A guy without a car is like a cowboy without a horse. Popeye without Spinach. McDonald
s without Big Mac's. In other words it just isn't right....:tongue:

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
However, I would never date Jojo if he didn't have a car.

Reactions: Jojo

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
What if I had horse or even better a moped? Moped are green and energy friendly! I could save money to buy you nicer things!
Pfft. Mopeds are gay. I like scooters. And apparently you'd just take me through a McDonald's drive thru on your horse. McDonald's doesn't even serve lobster to go and they won't put diamond's in their Happy Meal.

I may not require a car, but I still deserve the "flossy flossy", Popeye.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.