Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clinton is a bitch! Trump is not human! He is a genetically modified organism that is 50 percent orange, 25 percent orangutan, and 25 percent human.

·
Banned
5,117 Posts
Depens hopw often they came out with these views. If thats all they said, then no.
But if they just said it when Politics came up in conversation, I really wouldn't care.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Non-political as in they know little to nothing about politics? No. I don't care for people who spout emotional nonsense about a subject without knowing the facts. That's like dating a walking, talking Youtube comment section. No, thank you.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 6w7 9w1 so/sp
3,417 Posts
Non-political as in they know little to nothing about politics? No. I don't care for people who spout emotional nonsense about a subject without knowing the facts. That's like dating a walking, talking Youtube comment section. No, thank you.
This sounds so downgrading.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Agreed. Especially so if it comes from a place of ignorance and complete lack of objective thought.

·
Registered
347 Posts
While those are just examples, I think insulting another person like that is an easy way out. Where are those feelings coming from, other than being superficial observances? I’m being a little close-minded, but to me, it reflects poorly on the individual that they can scratch the surface of those people, but not really back up the vitriol. Why do you think she’s a bitch? Why is he a cheeto?

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I wouldn't care too much about that, usually not so serious... HOWEVER IF FOLLOWED BY.... a attitude of that it doesn't matter voting.. saying that politicians never delivered any promise and so on anyway.. then to me it's like their ignoring their own influence and ignoring that ofcourse you can't get every wish, it's not a dictatorship where one guy can just set any rules he wants, whenever he or she wants.
That is much more off putting than just making fun of politicians.

·
Registered
🌈🎹☮INFJ 666 sx/sp🇺🇸💃🏻💋
2,837 Posts
I do have pretty strong political opinions, but unless you are very close to me I rarely talk about them. So, the bashing is not baseless. I can tell you exactly why I think what X politician did is stupid and why I think they are a jackhole.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
While those are just examples, I think insulting another person like that is an easy way out. Where are those feelings coming from, other than being superficial observances? I’m being a little close-minded, but to me, it reflects poorly on the individual that they can scratch the surface of those people, but not really back up the vitriol. Why do you think she’s a bitch? Why is he a cheeto?
I know many people that "hate" both, but when I ask how they've come to those conclusions, I get crickets. Even when I agree with the person [I regularly call Trump a Flaming Hot Cheeto], it's still a turn off when there is little reasoning - or the reasoning is solely based on optics - for why they feel or believe the way they do. 'Just because' isn't adequate enough when you're calling someone's integrity and entire life's work into question.

Reactions: BatFlapClap

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
What if “non-political” just means they don’t take a side, or don’t avidly take part in political discussions (and would rather stay out of them), but they do have a basis for criticizing politicians on ALL sides?

That, I think, is a turn on :3 In a political time that is extremely divisive & polarizing, someone who can see the fault in both sides and remain objective is extremely sexy.

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
If non-political means no interest in televised/popularized political fighting, sure. The news media exacerbates the negative, controversial, and dangerous in the political realm - I am completely turned off by that and have to get away from it myself just to feel positive and productive in my own life. (Not that I hate the news - it's just unfortunate truth that negative, controversial, and dangerous news catches people's attention, gets more viewers, and therefore is prioritized by media outlets).

If non-political means no interest in the wellbeing of the people of the community, how laws and regulations are created and decided, and what issues are currently on the table, no. We're part of political society whether we like it or not and taking no action is allowing the status quo to be perpetuated. I wouldn't have any interest in someone who constantly insults the status quo while supporting it in behavior.

·
Banned
3,936 Posts
I wouldn't if they things just out of spite and insist on discussion, regularly bringing up the topic they have no clue about. This applies to more than politics. Otherwise, occasional ignorance-fueled remarks are nothing critical.

·
Banned
5,075 Posts
Your prejudice against YoutubeCommentKin is showing, and as a Youtube comment myself, I am deeply offended.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Your prejudice against YoutubeCommentKin is showing, and as a Youtube comment myself, I am deeply offended.
I'm surprised you didn't tell me to check my privilege.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
If they're truly non-political, they won't actually mean what they say, so essentially, I don't really have to care.

I'd at least hope for them to possess some political knowledge, as having a high amount of knowledge combined with a low amount of bias makes for a great foundation of humor. If that's the case, I'd definitely enjoy joking around with them.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts