Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I'm not interested in having the same views as someone else, because that would be boring. Although I think there would be an extent to which that might change, because if they are out-and-out 'anti' anything, to the point of ranting and raving about it at every chance, judging and demonizing others because of it, so on and so forth, then yeah, I guess I might not want to date them.

Luckily though I have avoided dating political nut-jobs for the most part, but that's because I have known a few of them in the past. And while I hold some views that are counter to popular opinion , I rarely, if ever, rant and rave about it -- preferring instead to listen and probe the opinions of others while keeping my own views quite secret... I think that is important because how someone reacts to politics might more telling of other issues in their life. Perhaps if they are young and naive, under 25 or so, then you probably have to forgive them, but after that age you should be able to interact with others in a civil and polite manner regardless of their views. My partner for example hates certain forms of government and vents about it on occasions, but I never seek to create an argument out of it because frankly, it's not worth it.

·
Banned
4,831 Posts
Depends. Russia's machiavellian international political tactics and Russian preference for Facism or Russians? Saudi Arabians or Saudi Arabia's two-faced international political strategy?

Beyond those two, I wouldn't have a problem dating someone who hated Trump supporters.

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
How oddly specific. And no, I'm not really interested in people who over-generalize.

·
Retired Administrator
15,780 Posts
I think it would get pretty draining. I generally don't like to be around people who habitually hate groups of people---it's draining to have to listen to spewing hatred. This is basically what racists and sexists do and it gets really old when it's nationalism too imo.

I mean, I can get feeling angry once and a while and venting. When Trump was first elected I was like 'Gosh DARN It, Trump Supporters, NOW look what you did!' But then I got over those emotions and I wouldn't describe myself as genuinely 'hating' all Trump supporters anyway. I have family members and acquaintances who support Trump, and I know they have different reasons, even if I will not agree with them.

Even with Saudi Arabia--people can hate the policies and practices of the govt. there, or even some social customs without hating all Saudi Arabians. I think that's more reasonable.

So no haters--too draining to listen to hateful rants frequently. I think it's probably also draining to hate entire groups of people too--would take less time away from doing fun productive stuff as a couple, or even enjoying discussions.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Dislike Trump supporters, sure. Not individual Russians or Saudis indiscriminately.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
The only people who like SA are bankers, oil companies and misogynists.

·
Registered
INTJ
309 Posts
Depends on why and how fanatical they are about it.

Do they foam at the mouth from hearing the word "Trump"? No, I won't date them.

I won't judge them for hating Trump if they don't judge me for liking him.

·
Lotus Jester
8,877 Posts
Well, if they're Trump supporters who actually don't even have a clue what his policies are, and just make you continually cringe at their unimpressive feat of regurgitating "Trumpisms"; then sure. XD

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
I would not date an SJW guy who talks and complains about politics

I have one infp friend who always complains and very affected by politics..

Damn it sucks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts