Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried searching for this thread and couldn't find it.. The only one I did found was on INFJ's, so I'm making one.
So I've just been thinking... And was wondering, would you date yourself, (given that ''yourself'' would come in any sex you find attractive)? Maybe state a reason why yes and why not.

I'll start: I'm happy with myself but wouldn't date me because I couldn't learn anything from me. It could be quite fun for a casual hook up though, that is something I would go for.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
It'd be nice that we have so much in common -_-; And the lack of pressure would be *very* relieving (one of the things that gets me anxious about social interaction in general, the pressure of it...).

I have certain redeeming qualities, I'd not be the worst mate, but I often find myself thinking that I couldn't see why people would want to date me. Might be enjoyable for a while, but I just fear that I'm too dull : ( Too laid back... but, hell, I don't know. Maybe people would find that pleasant.

But, yeah, often find myself thinking that I wouldn't really want to date myself, in spite of the obvious benefits.

... plus, part of the appeal of being with someone is that they're a surprise, they're *not* just doing and thinking what you are.

Reactions: BladeRunnerChick

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'm too chaotic, I spend too much money and have too many bad ideas. And I'm lazy and I hate working. I'm hot though... *cough* But no... I would not date myself.

Reactions: BladeRunnerChick

·
Registered
365 Posts
Nope. I'm amazed some guys are interested in me. I don't have a job, a place or a driver's license or an education. I'm a mess and anyone with any sense would steer clear of me. And no, I'm not dating right now and I have recently started working on fixing this mess.

·
Registered
507 Posts
i'm always been longing for kindred spirits and its just a 'date' anyway so why not?

i have many flaws i know and i can't do things perfectly right but whenever i find several good things about my type, its a precious discovery i always wanted to unveil and investigate. so why not date myself to know myself more. or put it in another word, why not date my "clone" so i have the opportunity to discover some more about the similarities and differences between us. so then i would know if my clone would be ideal for me and if not, at least i can see through my blind spots and make some improvement on myself. :)

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Actually I absolutely would date myself. Maybe that sounds narcissistic but....not only could I have some really interesting conversations because I enjoy playing devils advocate (in a fun way, not argumentative) but I'm also pretty kinky and I think I'm pretty interesting in general. I'm told I'm a 7-8 usually (out-liars being a 6.5 to 9). Plus we already have similar interests etc....hell yeah I'd date a female version of me...

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
Hmm, besides the fact that I'd have too much in common with me and therefore get bored... I wouldn't date myself because I'm too emotionally unstable and insecure. If there's one thing I've learned from a lot of shitty relationships, it's that there is only room for one emotional person at a time. If I ever got into an argument with myself... God help me, it would probably trigger the next world war.

I'm also not very decisive, which is problematic. Whenever I date people who are equally indecisive as I am it becomes frustrating. I think I need someone who's loud and opinionated just so that I don't have to make too many simple decisions.

·
Banned
10,157 Posts
I am not sure if I would love myself, or hate myself. Interesting thought though. My logic to say that is just, maybe it would be amazing because, well we share all the same values, and ways of being, and maybe it would be perfect. But maybe being the same would also feel like there was too much of the same thing?

Usually my best friends has always been introverts. They are more calm, and say less. Where I am talking more, and more dynamic/crazy in my being. That seems to be a great balance.

I am not sure what would happen if we were 2 crazy people, talking a lot.

But let me say. So far having conversations with other type 7's has been very great. Really enjoy talking to them. So that is hinting me at, that I could potentially have a great relation with myself as a woman. But again there's so many parameters. If I met myself as an unhealthy woman it would obviously not be attractive, but if she/I was very healthy physically/emotionally/mentally and so on, I think she would be very attractive.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i'm always been longing for kindred spirits and its just a 'date' anyway so why not?

i have many flaws i know and i can't do things perfectly right but whenever i find several good things about my type, its a precious discovery i always wanted to unveil and investigate. so why not date myself to know myself more. or put it in another word, why not date my "clone" so i have the opportunity to discover some more about the similarities and differences between us. so then i would know if my clone would be ideal for me and if not, at least i can see through my blind spots and make some improvement on myself. :)
Do you think you would percieve your clone differently. Say, do you believe it's possible you would be surprised by your other self?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am not sure if I would love myself, or hate myself. Interesting thought though. My logic to say that is just, maybe it would be amazing because, well we share all the same values, and ways of being, and maybe it would be perfect. But maybe being the same would also feel like there was too much of the same thing?

Usually my best friends has always been introverts. They are more calm, and say less. Where I am talking more, and more dynamic/crazy in my being. That seems to be a great balance.

I am not sure what would happen if we were 2 crazy people, talking a lot.

But let me say. So far having conversations with other type 7's has been very great. Really enjoy talking to them. So that is hinting me at, that I could potentially have a great relation with myself as a woman. But again there's so many parameters. If I met myself as an unhealthy woman it would obviously not be attractive, but if she/I was very healthy physically/emotionally/mentally and so on, I think she would be very attractive.

I agree, the similarity could be amazing. We cant know , but I would enjoy having someone who is so similar to me. I guess I was talking about the exact self you are now, even though that is impossible because both of ''selves'' would start changing in the second they wouldnt be the same person.

·
Registered
348 Posts
If I were an attractive woman I'd date myself, but I don't think either of us would ever get up the guts to ask the other out. That and my lack of organizational/memory skills would drive me up a wall.

·
Banned
10,157 Posts
I agree, the similarity could be amazing. We cant know , but I would enjoy having someone who is so similar to me. I guess I was talking about the exact self you are now, even though that is impossible because both of ''selves'' would start changing in the second they wouldnt be the same person.
Yea I also had that in my mind. But because I am a little scatter-minded, I didn't mention it. If I look at myself where 10 is my peak, and 1 is the unhealhty sad version of me. Then I would say lately I have been 3-4. So no I would not date a woman living like I have done, and hopefully a woman would not date the person I have been lately. But I am on my way up again. Wish me luck ;)

1 - 20 of 88 Posts