Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
If I was me only in male form - yes. But that is taking into account that he would relate/understand people like I do. Which is not quite the norm. Although I have met men that really wanted to be with me and try very hard to 'get' me it usually doesn't work out.

I would love to meet someone that thinks like I do and can understand me.

·
Super Moderator
11,229 Posts
What in blue blazes?!?!? Me date myself? I already drive my own self nuts! :laughing:

Seriously, no I would not want to date a male version of myself.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I have often pondered this very question. The answer? Absolutely. I would definitely date a female version of myself. I am not really prone to narcissism, though I do think that I could relate very well to myself.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
In general - yes! Gotta love yourself before you can love somebody else or expect someone to love you. :)

Right now - no, because if I were a member of the opposite sex, I'd go crazy trying to get me to open up. Lately, I've been a little bit more reserved, so once I can shake off some negativity I'm going through, then Yes.

·
Registered
802 Posts
As much as I sometimes wish the rest of the world thought the way I do, I think this would be a mistake. Part of the fun of getting to know other people is all the things you learn from them. Plus, as wonderful, awesome, and incredibly amazing as I am, I do have a few teensy faults. I could definitely do worse than dating myself, but let's hope it never comes to that!:laughing:

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
LOL what a funny post. Hell yeah I would date myself. It would be so ridiculously fun, funny, and fireworks.

The only downside I see to dating myself is that we might not get anything done because we'll be at home cuddling all day :crazy:

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Lol... I ask because I can't answer this question... it just blows my mind.
How so? You're not sure if you'd want to date yourself?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I love me, but it wouldn't be fun because our thoughts would be the same.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How so? You're not sure if you'd want to date yourself?
Part of me screams yes... that I'd make a great, loving, and positive boyfriend, and I can almost imagine the shared, comfortable silences where no words are said, but so much is communicated. Hiking in the rain... going on adventures...

The other part of me can't even begin to visualize myself... from a 3rd party perspective. My interpretation of my actions and another's... are inherently different. I wonder if my distant looks and my laconic stretches might hurt my other me's feelings.

For me... it's like trying to think about seeing in 360 degree vision... I can't do it :crazy:

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Wait... let me reconsider something.

Do you mean to ask if we would date the other gender twin of ourselves simultaneously? OR if we (as an outside third party from another gender) would date ourselves?

And haha... I see the underlying curiosity of this thread and it's something I am always curious about. :p How others interpret or see me and my actions. I think this is because I'm VERY perceptive and observant of others presence and mannerisms, so I often wonder how others perceive my presence and mannerisms. Sometimes, in class, if I'm bored, I try to visualize what it'd be like if "I" floated away from my physical body and were to see myself from the outside

·
Registered
836 Posts
like the question, but i think its impossible to answer...

how we look to others, is shaped entirely by how we interact with them. since it is impossible to interact with myself (or even watch third person), then i have no idea whether i would date me.

ie, that uncomfortable silence where my mind is racing, could either be really awkward to the other person or pretty harmless quiet. or maybe, they themselves are beating themselves up for not thinking of words...

because dating measures how you interact with someone else, even on a hypothetical level i cant figure out if i would date myself...

think about your best date ever? would you date yourself then? my guess is yes.

also, another way of looking at this question is whether or not you have confidence in yourself. if you do, then of course you would date yourself.

dunno dunno dunno. !?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts