Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would you be comfortable of the idea of an open relationship, where your partner can sleep with different people but still be in a relationship with you? or would you find this difficult to deal with, if so why?

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
would you be comfortable of the idea of an open relationship, where your partner can sleep with different people but still be in a relationship with you?
I am firmly opposed to double dipping.
or would you find this difficult to deal with, if so why?
Because I don't want somebody else's cooties.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Yeah, no...

I'm not against other people doing this but I wouldn't accept it for myself. I don't know why but just thinking about this makes me uneasy, whether it be them or me who is sleeping around. I feel like, if I can reserve myself for someone they can do the same for me.

·
Registered
565 Posts
i imagine i'd just assume it was my fault, somehow.

i mean, the way i see it, you can't help feelings, and if she had them for someone else, then it's not her fault. and i believe you should act on your feelings, as they right for you...

i don't know, maybe i just have an inferiority complex...:frustrating: it is hard to comprehend for me to actually ask a girl out, who i liked and flirted a lot with me, because in some way it would be completely unfair on her and i would be being selfish doing so (this has happened a couple of times).

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
It would never be okay with me. A relationship, to me, is giving yourself over mind, body, and soul, to one person - not putting out all over the place. Like DarkestHour said, it would defeat the purpose.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Only if I don't love my partner. This could happened after a while, when we realized that we are not a match with each other but still need each other due to something.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No I would certainly not be comfortable with it.

Because that just defeats the point of having a relationship with someone in my eyes.

so having someone be faithful to you is the most important thing in a relationship, in your opinion?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I am against open relationships and as there basically no boundary then. I have forgiven those that have cheated on me but forgivingb doesn't mean forgetting.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am against open relationships and as there basically no boundary then. I have forgiven those that have cheated on me but forgivingb doesn't mean forgetting.
why does there need to be boundaries?

·
Registered
447 Posts
It really is a personal issue. These boundaries exist to keep the other partner happy.

Would you value someone who just have sex with everyone?
You will be jealous if you love someone.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Every healthy relationship needs boundaries. Love is not based on anarchy. "Love knows no bounds" does not mean do what you want whenever you without a price. It's kind of like this Malcolm X or Alexander Hamilton quote "If you stand for nothing you will fall for anything." I believe that includes love and relationships.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Let's not talk about anarchy :wink:. That's entirely a different issue.

Anarchy is about spontaneous order. We will create this order spontaneously. It's not about doing anything you want, but it's about self-organization. If you're doing something that conflicts with others, it will automatically destroy the relationship.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Let's not talk about anarchy :wink:. That's entirely a different issue.

Anarchy is about spontaneous order. We will create this order spontaneously. It's not about doing anything you want, but it's about self-organization. If you're doing something that conflicts with others, it will automatically destroy the relationship.
Ok.. fair enough.... But now I need a better word.LOL.. mmmm wreckless???

1 - 20 of 57 Posts