Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. :) A question... Are you more attracted to Ni-users or Ne-users? Or would you not go for a strong iNtuition user at all? Talking about those with Ni or Ne as dominant functions... But I could expand the question: when dealing with those with Ni or Ne as a secondary function, which of those is more attractive to you as a love interest??

For clarification, please mention whether you go by MBTI (which classifies INFJ as Ni-dominant and INFP as Fi-dominant,) or socionics (which reverses that: INFJ-Fi, INFP-Ni). There's a reason this is important (sorry, I'm going to talk about myself):
I find for myself, the MBTI descriptions of both INFP and ENFP, as well as INFJ... are all WAY off. Yet nothing describes me better than the INFP socionics description (unless it's the INTP-Ni description, but I don't see how that's a possibility for me). So I put more stock in sociotype functioning, honestly. I know I must be xNxx dominant, so the MBTI system just didn't make sense for me. Can you see why I want clarification on this yet..? I'm DEFINITELY not a Judger yet Ni seems to describe me. I'm not an extravert, yet Ne also seems somewhat accurate. Socionics makes everything fall into place.

So, which is it? :) Ni or Ne (just curious - No, I'm considering a future with someone, to be honest; that means I have a lot of questions)...?

Thank you... for any response you are able to give; my utmost thanks. I know this was probably a messy read, my apologies.

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
When assessing real life compatibility I am more attracted to people who can match my dominant calmness.

Fast-paced people are more likely to annoy me. Especially fast-paced people who acts/thinks their pace is "the best, the ultimate, the only acceptable" and won't accept calm 'cause them boring'.

Looking at it thru MBTI-stereotypes:
Stereotypically Ne-doms are too fast, too pushy, won't let "life" slow down.
Also by stereotype, Ni-doms are calmer than me.
Hence: I am more drawn to Ni-doms over Ne-doms. I am more comfortable dragging a slower Ni-dom along than being dragged by a fast Ne-dom.

·
Registered
8,093 Posts
Mbti

I find Ne extremely annoying, and I am unfortunately strongly biased against Ne dominants, ENTPs are ok because they use Ti, but need to slow down and think before reacting, ENFPs I find intolerable, cannot stand them, they make nice writers but interpersonally that is a hard pass. I LOVE infps. But my emotions connect to INFJs more. I am dating one and my best friend is one. Ni is treasured by me, I respond positively to most Ni users, subconsciously without meaning to. (entjs are not good for me romantically. intjs dont keep my interest)

Ne comes off as neurotic and bouncy, it is all over the place. Ni feels like deep waters, which are my favorite. Two of my core values are stillness and silence. I find that in Ni.

·
Registered
ISTP
1,214 Posts
Can you see why I want clarification on this yet..?
No. Because you are saying you have a problem with MBTI types in typing yourself, but this thread is about asking ISTPs about their supposed love interests. That doesn't make sense.

My answer is and always has be that I don't look at types either way; it depends on the individual, and anyway, I won't know anyone's type at the first meeting, so it wouldn't be helpful to go by types even if I did care.

·
Registered
ISTP
1,214 Posts
Eh. The INTPs in my life are perfectly enjoyable to have around, and while I have a distinct lack of ENFPs, the stereotypical description of the happy bouncy Ne is fine as well, if I'm in the right mood, and their supposed free-spiritness is appealing. Together it's the catalyst for new things and potentially exciting things, and I like both. I suppose there would be enough INTPs I would dislike, but then no one's forcing them into my life, and obviously a neurotic ENFP is a headache, but that's because of the neurotic part, not the ENFP part.

So, YMMV. What I actually care about is to have intelligent people in my life. That's a much better predictor for how we'll get along than type or function.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No. Because you are saying you have a problem with MBTI types in typing yourself, but this thread is about asking ISTPs about their supposed love interests. That doesn't make sense.

My answer is and always has be that I don't look at types either way; it depends on the individual, and anyway, I won't know anyone's type at the first meeting, so it wouldn't be helpful to go by types even if I did care.
I view all "types" in light of socionics as opposed to MBTI. This site isn't solely about MBTI, and I find most people I've talked to share the same socionics as MBTI type. So, all I'm saying is... I would be open to hearing anything you have to say, but I'm more likely to use information that has to do with socionics. That's all I'm saying. Sorry for the confusion. XD

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've always found ENTPs attractive on the surface but I've never spent significant time with one. But I can say since my mother is an ENFP that I wouldn't want to date one of them at all, way too much to handle I think. My favourite type other than us is definitely ESTP.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts