Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an INTJ and in-line with my sciency nature, I want to ask you female ENFPs something:

Say there are three doctors that you can marry, all with the SAME personality and looks, whom would you prefer? (rank them)

1. Heart Surgeon - works 70 hrs a week, makes 600k a year
2. Urologist (a penis/prostate/kidney surgeon) - works 50 hrs a week, makes 600k a year

3. Psychiatrist - works 50 hrs a week and makes 400k a year

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Hum, i would have to say Psychiatrist. 400k a year sounds pretty sweet to me, besides, an average work week is 40 hours, 10 extra hours would be worth the extra $. Also, i would love for a Psychiatrist to pick my brain :p Heart surgeon who works 70 hours wouldn't be enough time spent together. I would feel lonely, and miss the cuddle time. A Urologist doesn't excite me much, just for that reason i would say no.

Not enough time spent with communication, love and above all SEX . As an ENFP i can get really grumpy if i feel sex deprived XD..so 50 hours a week Max.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Meh...why does it matter, if I loved the man I wouldn't care.
I'd say that it'd be pretty shit it the person you loved worked 70 hours a week as a heart surgeon...

They'd be constantly exhausted....

·
Registered
262 Posts
I wouldn't marry a doctor of any kind. I don't like doctors in general and am very suspicious of them, so I wouldn't be able to immerse myself into that world. Could be a dislike for authority?

And 400-600k per year???? No wonder our freaking health care system is broken. WTH is up with that?
You sound just like my ENFP cousin she was a pca at a hospital for a while and she hates Doctors she says there all sluts lol

·
Registered
ENFP
4,206 Posts
Dude. With all of those achievements? I would congratulate them and be happy for them and all. At the end of the day, I want someone I relate to. I say pardon me. Neither. Maybe it's because I had a bad experience of dating a guy with a high status. I told him that I didn't feel comfy in that circle. (Some of the guys were funny tho, maybe I was too young and it was just meeh).

·
World's biggest INTJ fangirl
2,314 Posts
The heart surgeon works far too many hours in anyone's books :crazy:. So it would be a toss up between the Urologist and the Psychiatrist. I have a Psychiatrist in the family and while he does live a quite balanced life (with a wife and kids), he will always bring his work home with him and will oftentimes spend entire nights on the phone to patients. The Urologist sounds interesting from a knowledge of biology perspective (I find biology quite interesting).

...Hell I'll choose the Urologist just so I can tell people my husband is a penis doctor! lol!! :laughing:
Second rank: Psychiatrist
And lastly the poor heart surgeon.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Strange question. Obviously it would totally depend on each individual. I mean, the heart surgeon might work wacky hours, but he could be incredibly nice and dedicated outside of work. If I had to choose *solely* based on their job/hours/pay, I'd go with the Urologist. Psychiatrists are interesting to talk to, but only for so long. I'd worry that he'd constantly be bringing his work home with him/analyzing me. The heart surgeon works wayyyyy too many hours, I'd miss him all the time and probably feel a big neglected. :(

·
Registered
802 Posts
In all honesty, it wouldn't really matter to me the job. First and foremost, it would depend on how we communicated together which one I would choose. I could go with the Heart Surgeon, though,I might be a tad unhappy with how much time he has to work, but as long as both of us could still could function together as a communicating couple (communication is key) it wouldn't bother me. My personal preference would have to be the Psychiatrist....I <3 psych nerds (and I am one). :)

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Strange question. Obviously it would totally depend on each individual. I mean, the heart surgeon might work wacky hours, but he could be incredibly nice and dedicated outside of work. If I had to choose *solely* based on their job/hours/pay, I'd go with the Urologist. Psychiatrists are interesting to talk to, but only for so long. I'd worry that he'd constantly be bringing his work home with him/analyzing me. The heart surgeon works wayyyyy too many hours, I'd miss him all the time and probably feel a big neglected. :(
The OP said that each person was identical.

Though I see what you mean, a heart surgeon who works 70 hours (likely at terrible hours) is going to be a very dedicated an intelligent person.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
The OP said that each person was identical.

Though I see what you mean, a heart surgeon who works 70 hours (likely at terrible hours) is going to be a very dedicated an intelligent person.
Yeah...but a heart surgeon who works 70 hours/week, a urologist who works 50 hours/week and a psychiatrist who works 50 hours/week...they can't possibly be identical. XD That's just where my brain went.

Reactions: marzipan01

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Yeah...but a heart surgeon who works 70 hours/week, a urologist who works 50 hours/week and a psychiatrist who works 50 hours/week...they can't possibly be identical. XD That's just where my brain went.
The OP was an INTJ and was expecting an objective response.

Thinkers love thinking that there's such thing as true objectivity...

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I am an INTJ and in-line with my sciency nature, I want to ask you female ENFPs something:

Say there are three doctors that you can marry, all with the SAME personality and looks, whom would you prefer? (rank them)

2. Urologist (a penis/prostate/kidney surgeon) - works 50 hrs a week, makes 600k a year

They are all exactly the same, and assuming I am just as in love with all of them and we connect all the same way, the heart surgeon is probably going to be looking at women's chests all day--couldn't handle it. Psychiatrist and I would probably fight a lot because he'll want to Freud people all day and psychoanalyze our kids and that would annoy me. Most psychiatrists don't know how to talk to people and they creep me out.
Or I have to marry a guy who looks at dicks all day? Hmmm... I guess I'll take that one, hopefully he's not gay.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks

thanks for the responses my beloved ENFPs.

So it seems like you all generally look at it in terms of: "what will this husband be like to me". You guys don't care about the symbolic value of his prestige? In other words, would you guys feel shameful for telling someone your husband is a penis doctor vs feeling pride when telling someone your husband is a heart surgeon? Also subconsciously, do you think less of your man if his job were something not prestigious to the point it might affect your interaction with him (eg. you put more energy into the sex because you are having sex with someone that's more powerful/prestigious - a heart surgeon vs someone less powerful - a psychiatrist)? I know it sounds like a strange question, but when women mack on you simply because you're wearing doctor attire makes me think there's a lot of subconscious attraction based solely on power/prestige.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts

So it seems like you all generally look at it in terms of: "what will this husband be like to me". You guys don't care about the symbolic value of his prestige? In other words, would you guys feel shameful for telling someone your husband is a penis doctor vs feeling pride when telling someone your husband is a heart surgeon? Also subconsciously, do you think less of your man if his job were something not prestigious to the point it might affect your interaction with him (eg. you put more energy into the sex because you are having sex with someone that's more powerful/prestigious - a heart surgeon vs someone less powerful - a psychiatrist)? I know it sounds like a strange question, but when women mack on you simply because you're wearing doctor attire makes me think there's a lot of subconscious attraction based solely on power/prestige.
Honestly, I'd rather marry a high school teacher than a doctor. I'd rather marry a good man, than a rich or powerful man any day. And I'll tell you why. Power comes and goes, power/prestige/wealth they're easy enough to come by, but a good man, now that is truly rare and a precious commodity when it is found.
I won't rule out dating a doctor or another form of "powerful" man, but it's definitely not what I'm looking for.
;)

·
Registered
9,800 Posts

For me power/prestige means nothing. I want a man who will love me unconditionally, someone i can love unconditionally. I want a man who loves his mother, values his friends, love animals, is kind to children and strangers. I want a man who respects women, is motivated with work, loves to travel and explore the world, cultures, and languages. I want a man who is kind to my flaws, yet is logical and rational in terms of not letting me be delusional in my thoughts. I want a man who can be responsible for his actions , behaviors. Accountable for his flaws and misunderstandings. I want a man who is educated, one who can educate me with things i may struggle with, whether it be spelling, math ( my two worse ) heh !....at the end of the day, i just want a man who can be human, love life, live life. So blessed i found him :) XD.. If that man so happened to be a Dr., well that's o.k too.>>>>..if he can cook and clean, i may make an extra effort in getting to know him...haha!!!

·
Registered
3,783 Posts

Haha. This is really interesting - the 'prestige' aspect didn't even cross my mind when I read the original question. Ultimately he can be the most prestigious man in the world, but if he's never around or is an ass, he's not worth it. If I theoretically would be in love with any one of them, and they all are the same personality-wise...I'd go for the urologist. It's funny, first of all. Second of all, it's less hours. Third of all, I'd rather he think he's an expert on kidneys and penises than on minds and the way mine works. ;)

·
Registered
979 Posts

I don't think it'd really matter if I loved any one of them, but I'd have to go with the psychiatrist, simply because of work hours. If the heart surgeon works 70 hours a week, when would I ever see him? Money doesn't play a large role in anything for me, I expect that I can uphold myself and don't need to rely on someone else' salary to get by. And if he was a psychiatrist, he'd be really in tune with how people work, and I just think that's downright fascinating.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts