Personality Cafe banner

Would you rather

• Forget who you are

• Forget everyone else

Would you rather forget who you are or forget everyone around you?

4K views 32 replies 28 participants last post by  cosmoetic 
#1 ·
Please vote before reading the text below! ^^

For context: My friends (INFJ and ISFP) and I were playing a game when this choice came up and voted on different answers. They both chose to forget themselves while I chose to forget everyone else around me. The INFJ's reasoning was that people shape who you are and friends can help you learn who you once were.
I don't exactly agree with that though, as friends can't know everything about oneself and it's quite a burdensome task to leave to others. Self identity is what I make it to be. I can't imagine how frustrating it would be to learn who I am from everyone except myself.
Not only that, but people can be fickle and I would imagine most won't be comfortable with helping people going through such personal affairs. It also opens you up to vulnerabilites - if someone was to manipulate and lie to me by making me believe I did xyz I might actually believe it to a point of extreme inner turmoil. Ultimately, at the end of the day your the one stuck with yourself.
I'm super curious as to what you guys might think!

#31 ·
Forget myself, I feel anyway that I 99% see myself through others, happiness depends on who I am with etc.

#32 ·
Forget everyone. You can always meet them again. Since when do I let myself be defined by others? People are idiots. I can't give them that power. Forget, then get to know everyone again, if it must.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.