Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have someone befriend your serious side and not be able to handle the silly switch, or have someone love the silly switch, but are unable to handle it when you are serious/return to earth/are ''normal''/calm?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Goodness, that's a tough question. I kind want to say of they dont like me they don't have to be around me but I would say I hope they could handle my silly side. :)

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
The latter, there are probably plenty enough people who can't handle my sillier side.. But most can handle my serious side.

·
ѕησωум¢ѕησωƒα¢є
4,292 Posts
For me it would be my serious side, otherwise there is no foundation.

But I wonder about those who's silly side and serious side are one and the same...

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Either way it would be a 2 dimensional friendship without the possibility of any real depth. >.> I can't open up to someone who I can't relax around enough to be silly....and never being able to stop performing is exhausting and not a very fulfilling relationship.

I value friendships I don't have to put too much thought into as far as how I can and cannot behave - there are enough social rules and conversation restrictions for the sake of respect and comfort without adding in self-consciousness because they won't like me. -.-

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
Yeah I don't really want to pick, I want both in a real relationship. But if I had to pick, I'd go for the silly switch side. I'd rather be laughing uncontrollably than having a serious discussion. It makes me happy. :)

Reactions: Paradox1987

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Yeah I don't really want to pick, I want both in a real relationship. But if I had to pick, I'd go for the silly switch side. I'd rather be laughing uncontrollably than having a serious discussion. It makes me happy. :)
This.

I have more than enough people who see and can stomach my serious side. Therefore my silly switch is the part that attracts the real gems. Of course, ideally, they'd need to handle both in a real relationship.

Reactions: saffron

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
The serious side is my inner self..which I dislike showing to everyone. If I think that person can understand my true inner self, then yes. I choose the serious side.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts