Banned
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be your price?

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What goes on inside your head? I can't even give this an answer.
It's a serious question.
Would it hurt to answer?

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
ENTrePenuer, I feel like the ISTJs here give you a hard time. Maybe moreso than is fair. You seem to keep coming back so either you enjoy being annoying or you genuinely just want to find out more about ISTJs. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Many of the posts you have made in the past have rubbed myself and ISTJs the wrong way. If you want any of us here to answer your question you presented we're going to need more details. I don't deal well with such open ended questions. Why are you asking the question?

I can see how maybe you don't see why we wouldn't answer this question. I would think if you asked the same thing in the ENFP thread they'd be all over it and give some outlandish crazy answers. ISTJs generally don't do that sort of thing.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm genuinely mystified as to what details I could add.

Selling ones soul is typically doing what might be considered morally questionable for some reward.

A Crack dealer for example has sold his soul for nice things.

I guess the actual question is, is there something you want so bad that you would violate your moral code.

Would you kill someone you hate to gain the affection of someone you love?

So what do you want badly and what horrible thing would you do to get it.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I guess the actual question is, is there something you want so bad that you would violate your moral code.

There you go. Now I can answer that and not be confused as to what you mean. Your original question made me think of something entirely different, but even then I was not sure exactly what you were asking.

These questions all depend on the situation. I can say that no, I would not violate my moral code to get something I want...but I don't know of anything I want really bad, honestly. Would I kill someone I hate to gain the affection of someone I love? I'm not even sure how doing this would gain me the affection of someone I love. I'm going to say a very definite NO to this one. I would only kill someone if it were in self defense.

I have once violated my moral code that I remember. I felt very bad about it, and still do. I had an ISTP friend I had, had a crush on for years but never acted on it because she had a steady boyfriend the entire time. She invited me to our mutual friend's house to play videogames and have some alcoholic beverages. We had done this before and it remained platonic each time...though our mutual friend had told me on a few occasions that she was acting flirty towards me. I really never noticed it, personally. I'm bad at being able to tell when someone is flirting with me.

Anyway, so I get there and we have some drinks and are playing videogames. I have about 8 shots of jagerbombs or so and decide that I've reached my limit and tell them both I'm done drinking. They say okay and we go back to playing videogames. A few minutes later my ISTP friend comes out with two shots and tells me to stop being a pussy and to take more shots with her. I eventually agree and from that point I'm not sure how many I had. Probably around 15 or so. Way more than I ever have. At this point it's getting late and I'm way too drunk to drive home so my friend says it's cool that I crash there. I go lay down to pass out and a few minutes later an ISTP pops in and starts coming on to me and I didn't stop her. I won't go all TMI but I think you know how it ended.

I was also about 3 months or so into a relationship with my first g/f. Needless to say this was doubly bad according to my morals.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
The questions in post #6 are a far different scenario than is posted in post #1.

This is a big topic. First you must understand what you are asking. It is not necessarily true that a crack dealer has sold his soul for nice things. It is very possible that he has not violated his personal values, moral code, or integrity by becoming a crack dealer.

And then we can scale it way back and ask if someone believes it wrong to lie, yet they get in a bind and tell a lie, have they violated their "moral code?"

And if someone hates, have they not already wished death on that person, regardless of whether or not there is favor to be gained?

And if we love someone that would grant us favor for killing someone else, whose moral code are we following and how would anyone profit? Gaining a relationship with someone this shallow...is that really gain?

To get an accurate answer, we need to know a lot more about what is meant by moral code. Paragraphs, not bullet points.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts

I'd do pretty much anything to prevent the death of a loved one.
I won't stoop as low as to maim or killl someone.
Lie, cheat or steal maybe.

As to the question at hand, I definitely would not kill for love. Gaining someone's affection seems to be a trivial motive for committing so grave a sin.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.