Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you get along or did you find your similarities a challenge? Or did you find it had a paradox effect where there were differences which made you question your type? How were you guys compatible? Were you compatible.

Answer this thread describing your own encounter and what kind of relationship you had with a person of the same type.

·
Banned
5,434 Posts
Irl I get along with ISFP s pretty well. Quiet, unassuming, do our own thing. Occasionally throw out random words or have short conversations. Pleasant. Basically light hearted. Sometimes warm, depending on the individual.

·
私を愛して
ESTJ; LSE; 3w4; Sp/Sx
14,627 Posts
I've only interacted with two ESTJs online, they seem more as of mutual conversations where we happen to stumble in the same pit reaching for the same goals rather than people interested in each other (mutual acquaintances by similar activities), I think that's how our type best prefer to communicate in.
Outside of the internet, I'm not sure, my career path has been more of an Artistic one therefore it's hard to imagine many other ESTJs in my realm, I more so picture xNFPs and xSFPs, since my friends generally are those types.

·
Registered
9,873 Posts
I just worked with an ESTP pretty sure. She was far more likely an 8w7 tho
(I am more chill than her)

She is a few years younger than myself. Anyways we actually have some similarities in our family backgrounds a little. I think she is more rough around the edges then myself. But I did think she was nice. Lol she apologized for being bitchy or bossy. She was fine just direct didn't faze me. I am far far more chill than her but I could totally see myself in her. I liked her a lot. Not because we were the same type but because she was a nice person. (I have met STPs I did not care for)

My heart hurt for her tho she suffered the worst thing imaginable, losing her child. Needless to say she has the major fuck it's about life. Can't say I blame her. She reached out to me she said she is looking for more girls to hang out with and she liked me. Anyways she is cool. Just far more amplified than myself. Next to her I look like an ISTP.

She did troll a situation to test me. I knew what she was doing. She was testing my character and where I stood. She antagonized to see what she could get away with. I got pissed and shot back and put her in her place and called out the issue. But I did it in a way to call it out but let the dust settle. She Stepped back and stopped trying to fuck with me. Haha this I found funny. She was totally seeing how much room she had. Once she realized I was not a threat or invading her territory (I was smart enough to reassure her this) she warmed up plenty.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've only met one other INFP, but he lives on the other side of the world. Honestly, him and I are very, very, very similar. It's almost scary to be honest. We're both going through the same shitty situation at the same time, and I feel like him and I are on the same wavelength. We understand each other, and because of that we have become good friends—even though we may not talk a lot (although as of late we've been talking quite a bit). Of course, we do have some differing beliefs and opinions, but even then we're able to be civil and agree to disagree.

Honestly, if I had the money, I would fly out just to see him and hang out. He's a pretty cool guy, and I'm really grateful to have him as a friend.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
I've met only one person who I can safely assume shares my type. We also greatly resembled each other. With this in mind we successfully fooled several members of my family into mistaking him for me. It was great :laughin:

·
Plague Doctor
5,927 Posts
Me and @Turlowe <3 <3 <3 get along really well and we have really amazing conversations. However, we're both on a sort of "introverting hiatus" because we both need that energy. I get a long with him and I like his style. I wonder if he feel the same way? Maybe I should send him a PM with a Do you like me? (circle one)

Y N M

- - - - - - - - - -

That said, I get along really well with other INFPs here and I don't think family should count. I get along extremely well with my brother. I have a close friend who I don't talk to as much now who is an INFP. We haven't ever had any argument or fight and have known each other since gees I think age 12?

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Didn't even know they were INFP until I read their Facebook post. Lol.
Just kinda... Awkward, I guess, I don't really know her that well (she's my brother in law's sister). She was quiet so I only said things like, "Hi" and, "How are you?".

Eh...

Well at first my brother and sister definitely thought I am NOT like her at all xD. (She's a hippie kind of INFP, seems happy. I'm more like the lazy writer, depressed type of INFP..)

·
Registered
984 Posts
I work with a guy I'm pretty sure is also an ESFJ - we get along great, although I was kind of annoyed at him for getting me a card/gift for Secretary's Day (I got promoted a year ago, so I'm kind of sensitive about that). I told him it was sweet even though I'm not an admin anymore (technically, that is - I do all the office management and still have to do admin stuff for our senior counsel). He said he just thought someone should do something for me because my boss didn't, and I thanked him. He's really nice, though, so we get along great 99.9% of the time.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Me and @Turlowe <3 <3 <3 get along really well and we have really amazing conversations. However, we're both on a sort of "introverting hiatus" because we both need that energy. I get a long with him and I like his style. I wonder if he feel the same way? Maybe I should send him a PM with a Do you like me? (circle one)

Y N M

- - - - - - - - - -

That said, I get along really well with other INFPs here and I don't think family should count. I get along extremely well with my brother. I have a close friend who I don't talk to as much now who is an INFP. We haven't ever had any argument or fight and have known each other since gees I think age 12?
Yes

·
Registered
87 Posts
Somewhat related, but at the time I thought I was an INTP. I met another INTP guy online and we met up for drinks. He was actually quite sensitive (though very smart, we had good convos), but you could sort of smell his insecurity and as far as personality goes, I completely dominated him. It was interesting because he was more socially inclined than I was and valued relationships and connecting with others more than I did. There were a lot of things about him that I saw in myself, but he was just so unsure of himself that I felt sorry for him.

I also met another ENTP. He was really sharp, witty, and was a nonstop barrage of jokes and factoids. His Fe was super underdeveloped though. Super awkward guy, pretty annoying. He was like a character out of Big Bang Theory. Just... ugh. All that humor masking all that pent up anger and insecurity underneath. It was super off putting. I sometimes find NTs a tad too obsessed with meaning and death.

All in all, while conversationally it was great... I would not want to spend extended periods of time with them.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Best friend ever although now ended.
Absolutely perfect friend
an unspoken acceptance
Talked forever, felt the world together
We both expected too much from the friendship
It was one sided in that I gave too much and received too little
It ended in a moments madness, both of us door slammed at the same time
Very sad that happened
But that is life

·
King of Swing
8,790 Posts
We have the same movements and pick up on each other extremely quickly. We also play with each others body language in an unspoken way to "see" each other.

Then I notice the enneagram. More often than not enneagram is not so obvious.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts