Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Do you like writing stories? Do you like making up characters in your head? Or do you like reading books or movies but never know what their types are? This thread might be the one for you!

This thread is inspired from the the http://personalitycafe.com/myers-br...-things-about-yourself-type-person-above.html thread. @ColdWindsRising and I keep writing facts about our fictional characters (and not ourselves) :frustrating: so we decided to create this thread!

Just write some facts (minimum one, maximum ten), and people will type them for you! First it's my turn.

I don't know the type for this character. LOL. I think he's an extrovert...

1. He dresses nicely as he want to look good in front of others. He's very outgoing and sociable.

2. He supports his partner in crime and her ideals and will do almost everything to please her. He is convinced that her ideals can help the greater good. Eventually he'll realize that he only supports her because he likes her and not because they share the same vision. Not aware of his own feelings and purpose, it seems.

3. He usually does the planning for the actions and destruction and stuff. His partner in crime sometimes just break the rules and he gets mad because he had to plan from the start.

4. How does he plan? Well... it's like, "Last time it didn't work. I should [insert plan here]. Knowing my partner in crime, she would [insert possibility of actions - what if she... what if...]. She did that last time. I should [insert plan here] to prevent it from happening."

5. However, he's very careful of his words to not upset people. I could say he's a polite person, even though with people he aren't close to.

Have fun!

·
Registered
240 Posts
@INFJennifer Your character looks like an ESTJ to me. My reasons are still in the other thread.

Here's a character of mine. I'd be interested to hear what you make of her.

1) She's very creative and has lots of ideas. She is realistic and only likes her ideas when she can bring them into the real world, which she often does. For example, she's the head of a company that designs furniture, and there she can use a lot of her ideas.

2) When she wants to achieve something, she will work real hard for it. She then secluded herself from all distractions, including other people. She has good self discipline. She spends a lot more time for her work than for her family.

3) Whenever she talks to someone, she likes to get to the point. She finds it very important that other people feel comfortable around her, because she wants their honest opinions. She's good at noticing when people feel uncomfortable, or not being honest about what they think. She thinks critism and self-improvement are very important.

4) She is well aware of her feeling and her desires, and keeps them in check. She tries to look at them objectively. She hardly ever lets her emotions take over; she will always appear calm and clear-minded. She doesn't show much emotions, especially no negative emotions, like sadness or anger.

5) She doesn't easily get attached to something (or someone). When something broke, she will simply get a new one. She doesn't like to think about something she's lost, she'd rather carry on. She thinks it's important that things are practical.

6) She likes to know what's going on around her. If people keep things from her (often to protect her), she can really irritated, although she'll often hide it.

Any ideas for her type?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
@INFJennifer Your character looks like an ESTJ to me. My reasons are still in the other thread.

Here's a character of mine. I'd be interested to hear what you make of her.

1) She's very creative and has lots of ideas. She is realistic and only likes her ideas when she can bring them into the real world, which she often does. For example, she's the head of a company that designs furniture, and there she can use a lot of her ideas.

2) When she wants to achieve something, she will work real hard for it. She then secluded herself from all distractions, including other people. She has good self discipline. She spends a lot more time for her work than for her family.

3) Whenever she talks to someone, she likes to get to the point. She finds it very important that other people feel comfortable around her, because she wants their honest opinions. She's good at noticing when people feel uncomfortable, or not being honest about what they think. She thinks critism and self-improvement are very important.

4) She is well aware of her feeling and her desires, and keeps them in check. She tries to look at them objectively. She hardly ever lets her emotions take over; she will always appear calm and clear-minded. She doesn't show much emotions, especially no negative emotions, like sadness or anger.

5) She doesn't easily get attached to something (or someone). When something broke, she will simply get a new one. She doesn't like to think about something she's lost, she'd rather carry on. She thinks it's important that things are practical.

6) She likes to know what's going on around her. If people keep things from her (often to protect her), she can really irritated, although she'll often hide it.

Any ideas for her type?
1. Se/Ne but more to Se.
2. I think Te, and maybe Ni.
3. Fi and Te, maybe?
4. I think Fi, maybe?
5. Se.
6. Se?

I think she has Se, Te, and Fi. She seemed more of a Sensing type than an iNtuitive type. I think she might be ESFP...

Other possible types are ISFP, ENTJ, and INTJ.

Reactions: ColdWindsRising

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Type my character.

1. He is soft-spoken and quiet. He prefers alone time.

2. He likes to observe and see what's happening in the world around him. He notices his surroundings. He used what he observed in the real world, put himself in the shoes of others, and developed how to improve the city/country/etc. from those things.

3. Outside he seemed gentle, though a little expressionless. People don't think he would be a good leader, but then he actually is.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Well, this is interesting! I would never have thought ESFP ...
I was really doubting about this person, but if I had to guess, I thought ENTJ. Totally not sure though. (I love to hear other opinions)

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, this is interesting! I would never have thought ESFP ...
I was really doubting about this person, but if I had to guess, I thought ENTJ. Totally not sure though. (I love to hear other opinions)
Yeah, she could also be ENTJ, because she seems such a Thinker. ENTJ is actually my second choice.

See my post #4 to type my other character.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Type my character.

1. He is soft-spoken and quiet. He prefers alone time.

2. He likes to observe and see what's happening in the world around him. He notices his surroundings. He used what he observed in the real world, put himself in the shoes of others, and developed how to improve the city/country/etc. from those things.

3. He thought to himself, "What would people feel if I become [something important]? Would they be happy? Would they be angry? If I were them, how would I feel?"

4. Outside he seemed gentle, though a little expressionless. People don't think he would be a good leader, but then he actually is.
1. introverted
2. Se/Ne + Fi
3. Fi
4. introverted, his introversion hides his leading skills. But I don't know when you find someone a good leader.

I don't feel like I really have enough information. From these few things, I'd have to say IxFP. Seems a bit like a classic 'good guy' coming into his own.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Maybe we should give our characters code names or something? Character A, character B etc. Otherwise it could get confusing which character we're talking about. My inferior Te likes things to be organised ;)

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe we should give our characters code names or something? Character A, character B etc. Otherwise it could get confusing which character we're talking about. My inferior Te likes things to be organised ;)
Hahaha, okay!

So my first character (who might be an ESTJ) will be character #1 and my second character (who might be an ISFP) will be character #2.

Anyway, for character #2, I always think of him as an ISFP.

But like seriously, INFPs and ISFPs are classic good guys/girls, right? This two people are really, really similar! Yet they have such different intentions and thoughts, that they look very different. If someone were to analyse their way of thinking, I think they would be surprised that they're not that different.

Now type this random character.

1. She doesn't want to be bound by rules. She want to be free. She doesn't like people controlling her. She wants to experience the things in the world.

2. She likes to make decisions that seems right to her, but she didn't think of the long term and her decision becomes the wrong one.

3. Sometimes she has the trauma she experienced in the past, making her afraid of doing some things.

4. She focuses too much on being free and experiencing things that she neglects her own needs sometimes. Her friend is very worried about her and asked her to be more careful, but she is stubborn and doesn't want to. She thinks he is stopping her to being herself.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hahaha, okay!

So my first character (who might be an ESTJ) will be character #1 and my second character (who might be an ISFP) will be character #2.

Anyway, for character #2, I always think of him as an ISFP.

But like seriously, INFPs and ISFPs are classic good guys/girls, right? This two people are really, really similar! Yet they have such different intentions and thoughts, that they look very different. If someone were to analyse their way of thinking, I think they would be surprised that they're not that different.

1. She doesn't want to be bound by rules. She want to be free. She doesn't like people controlling her. She wants to experience the things in the world.

2. She likes to make decisions that seems right to her, but she didn't think of the long term and her decision becomes the wrong one.

3. Sometimes she has the trauma she experienced in the past, making her afraid of doing some things.

4. She focuses too much on being free and experiencing things that she neglects her own needs sometimes. Her friend is very worried about her and asked her to be more careful, but she is stubborn and doesn't want to. She thinks he is stopping her to being herself.
ISFP, because of the seemingly strong Fi and Se.

·
Registered
17 Posts
1. He's really charming.
2. Cunning
3. Authoritative, but ironically hates authority
4. Can guess what someone will be like after less than one minute of meeting them
5. power hungry
6. Planned his life out years ahead
7. Chess master
8. Witty

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hahaha, okay!

I'd say:
1. last sentence: Se
2. Fi
3. Fi ?
4. bad Si, def Fi
I agree on ISFP.

·
Registered
240 Posts
1. He's really charming.
2. Cunning
3. Authoritative, but ironically hates authority
4. Can guess what someone will be like after less than one minute of meeting them
5. power hungry
6. Planned his life out years ahead
7. Chess master
8. Witty
Here are ome things I picked up from your info.
1. Fe
4. excellent Ne/Se, possible with help from Fe
6. Te (maybe Fe), with Si ?
7. Te
8. witty comes from most often from Ne or Se

It's tricky. Currently going with ENTP, but really not sure. I think he's extraverted. Maybe if you would give some more information, or give some details about the traits you listed here? How exactly is he cunning for example? And how come he hates authority but is power hungry?

(And i just saw ENTP is your type as well. haha)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Here are ome things I picked up from your info.
1. Fe
4. excellent Ne/Se, possible with help from Fe
6. Te (maybe Fe), with Si ?
7. Te
8. witty comes from most often from Ne or Se

It's tricky. Currently going with ENTP, but really not sure. I think he's extraverted. Maybe if you would give some more information, or give some details about the traits you listed here? How exactly is he cunning for example? And how come he hates authority but is power hungry?

(And i just saw ENTP is your type as well. haha)
Haha. I'm actually not an ENTP. This account was from when I was just starting MBTI and I focused on the stereotypes about the four dichotomies. I started reading up on cognitive functions and I found out that I'm an INTJ.

But, he likes to form strategies. He receives a lot of insights from his dreams. He follows those insights and people think he's crazy for it. He doesn't like to show emotion. His charm is superficial. It's only part of his plan to get people to follow him.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
1. Stoic; yet prone the occasional sudden long-winded outburst of ranting and/or humour.
2. Good with a rifle; but terrible in a close quarters fight.
3. Task orientated, highly competent.
4. Raison d'etre: His son.
5. Seeks purpose after death of aforementioned son.
6. Favourite colour is dark pink.
7. Starsign is shiny chicken bear.

·
Registered
INTJ
1,416 Posts
1. Speaks before she thinks. Is constantly told to filter. Because she does this, she can come across as blunt, and a little cruel in an argument.
2. "Vomits my [her] feelings everywhere, all the time"
3. when the going get tough, relapses into addictive behavior (perhaps stemming from a childhood tragedy, but i'm not a psychologist"
4. hated the sound of gunshots, so she set fireworks off in her backyard until she wasn't afraid anymore.
5. her family wants her to be "little, and quiet, and safe" but she's "big, and loud, and fearless" and it scares the shit out of them.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1. Stoic; yet prone the occasional sudden long-winded outburst of ranting and/or humour.
2. Good with a rifle; but terrible in a close quarters fight.
3. Task orientated, highly competent.
4. Raison d'etre: His son.
5. Seeks purpose after death of aforementioned son.
6. Favourite colour is dark pink.
7. Starsign is shiny chicken bear.
1. Introverted with possibly Ne or Se.
2. An N type or just an introvert.
3. Maybe Te?
5. Maybe Si?

ISTJ.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1. Speaks before she thinks. Is constantly told to filter. Because she does this, she can come across as blunt, and a little cruel in an argument.
2. "Vomits my [her] feelings everywhere, all the time"
3. when the going get tough, relapses into addictive behavior (perhaps stemming from a childhood tragedy, but i'm not a psychologist"
4. hated the sound of gunshots, so she set fireworks off in her backyard until she wasn't afraid anymore.
5. her family wants her to be "little, and quiet, and safe" but she's "big, and loud, and fearless" and it scares the shit out of them.
1. Maybe an extrovert with Ne/Se.
3. Maybe Si?
5. Extrovert?

Can't tell, but probably ExxP. More like a Thinker, too. So ExTP?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Type this character from a book.

1. She wants to seem like she knows it all, so she likes to say, "I know!" even though she doesn't. She doesn't like to admit she's wrong.
2. She likes to tease people but becomes so emotional and offended if someone teases her (even if it's for fun).
3. She manipulates people's feelings to get what she wants.
4. When she is in the wrong side of argument, she likes to say, "Lalalala," and pretend she didn't hear the other person.
5. She is an attention-seeker. Sometimes she interrupts people when they're talking. The other person usually tells her to wait until she finishes talking but she becomes pouty and grumbles.
6. She always follows other people, from her fashion to her opinions. She doesn't like to be different.

1 - 20 of 186 Posts