Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What have you noticed about the way different types express themselves in writing?

I've noticed that an INFP's writing seems to embed the introverted feeling in such a way that, to me, as well put together as the words are, I tire of the consistent expression of similar values. Sometimes the impression is that I'm being marketed a value.

It's as though there's no searching or uncertainty about anyone else's values. The impression is made of what that introvert values. There appears to be very little questioning behind the words. It can be like watching an actor become typecast.

Extroverts in general seem to really have to make an effort to sit down and write, though when they do, some may be Extroverted Thinkers seem very good at it. I'm not sure about Extroverted Intuitive Introverted Feelers, so far I just want them to get to the point. Quickly.

Reactions: misstheground

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Before my Ne underwent much development, my writing was blunt, mechanical, verbose, and nearly archaic. Soon enough I learned how to word my sentences well, and now I'd generally consider my writing to be fluid, albeit a little too cryptic for most people. I like to infuse a sense of irony into my expression as well, which makes it hard to tell whether or not I'm being serious.

All this, of course, as an INTP.

Reactions: Boowells and Ista

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I write the way I think.
If I wrote the way I thought, then sucks. Something like bad. Words flying. Red lines. The text is the screen and I'm behind. Theater. Tarantino. Anyway. How is chaos? Communicating crazy. Not words not words not words. Shapes. How is possible? Perception.

There.

·
Registered
9,461 Posts
If I wrote the way I thought, then sucks. Something like bad. Words flying. Red lines. The text is the screen and I'm behind. Theater. Tarantino. Anyway. How is chaos? Communicating crazy. Not words not words not words. Shapes. How is possible? Perception.

There.
That is interesting.

·
Banned
576 Posts
I've noticed that INFPs writing seems to embed the introverted feeling in such a way that, to me, as well put together as the words are, I tire of the consistent expression of similar values. Sometimes the impression is that I'm being marketed a value.

It's as though there's no searching or uncertainty about anyone else's values. The impression is made of what that introvert values. There appears to be very little questioning behind the words. It can be like watching an actor become typecast.
Maybe it's just the [Te]

As for writing it's a constant struggle. Because language was invented to educate and inform. But isn't only limited to so. Actually it's mostly for the benefit of the person who reads the language. Which is the challenge. There is much difficulty in informing when initially the attempt is to relate to that person. What happens when you brainstorm and see further implications then was previously imagined. It becomes difficult to regard the other person's coherency and position to what is being written. Essentially you become engrossed in your own world making one conclusion over another and not able to externalize them.

So perhaps extroverted thinkers spend a lot of time writing because their goal is to amount to something through it. And so the coherency of others becomes a major priority.

Draft 1(abandoned)

It could appear that way as the majority of them seems to prefer objectified logic before all it's other forms. And at this juncture of time i am going to identify objective as the realization (note: i didn't use externalization) of cognition and non-sporadically as well. And to put it in a different perspective it's is that of the highest prevalence with-in our social contexts.

My assumption for now is based on this, the spectrum[e/i] appears to be connected with biochemical brain variations. Which contrast less the smaller the gap between the spectrums of different people are. Notably individual who displayed higher levels of introversion registered as having more brain activity in the frontal lobes and a excess of acetylcholine. Compared to those who weren't as introverted. I assume it's nothing you didn't already know. But it would appear to me that introverts use more brain power. But of course that also implies some greater energy expenditures from the body's resources. So through this i presumed that objectivity or the way we understand it is influenced by the sporadic nature of introversion which is due from it's intensity. If introverted premises where more frequently expressed through the social medium would they be considered fact? as cryptic and abstract as we regard them now. Probably i think as difficult to attain empirical data is sought because of theories .

That said and if we were going to entertain the rules of the Mbti. Then it can be said that perhaps you're being mislead by your interpretation of the Infp. And again i am just going to follow the Mbti to make a conclusion. So it doesn't have to be accurate but just for the sake of an conclusion. Anyways the infp takes an longer path through the brain to rationalize emotions. Where as the Intp prefers the dopamine sufficient [Fe] path to quickly make value judgements(i actually wouldn't agree). The Intp also has a different preference over logic than the Infp. He consummates logical reasoning by...

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I read this today in Personality Types: Jung's Model of Typology, about introverted thinkers:

"As writers, their forté is not originality of content but rather clarity and precision in the organization of the available material."

I found it interesting, because originality is so important to me. Though I suppose I do build on existing materials to build new ideas, or ideas that appear as if they're new.

Reactions: misstheground

·
Banned
576 Posts
@Ista
It's possible then that your a Entp or an [Ni] dominate. Though we can't necessarily say mbti is indisputable for all cases. And even from a psychological standpoint where you could be addressing how this dominant function makes me doubt the mbti this way or that. And the reason i doubt the mbti coaligns with the fundamentals of that function ect. Might still only apply 70-80% of the time. But you do appear more tapped in to your feeling than most of the Intps here. At least impression wise. I could likely be underestimating how cultural norms plays a role in this. Where i might assume in Nepal and because of it's proximity to Tibet people are generally more friendly. But i wouldn't know for sure.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I read this today in Personality Types: Jung's Model of Typology, about introverted thinkers:

"As writers, their forté is not originality of content but rather clarity and precision in the organization of the available material."

I found it interesting, because originality is so important to me. Though I suppose I do build on existing materials to build new ideas, or ideas that appear as if they're new.
Yeah... but there are variations with each person even if they are the same personality type. Plus, take into account the effects that society has on you, even as an independent INTP. While I'm not suggesting a complete correlation, I am suggesting that society itself most commonly values originality, although there are certain subsets of writing in which clarity and precision is more useful (i.e. technical writing).

Not to mention that INTPs do enjoy discovering new ideas and new views to look at things, so it's not that surprising. Actually, I think this is the right answer and I'm just overthinking the previous idea.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
It's interesting to the answers see how depending on who is asking the question and which sub-forum it's being posted in.

When I type I can't just type how I think or else it wouldn't make any sense to the people reading. I have to type what I think and then go back and making it into something understandable. I've gotten a lot better at this in the past few years and my paragraphs aren't even run on sentences any more (well, most of the time), but I think my writing is a lot more rigid now and it's not a fluid as it can be because of the fixing of the sentences.

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've added some spaces and added some letters / changed some words to make this easier to read.

It's possible then that you're an ENTP or an [Ni] dominant."
I'm not an ENTP, though I do have strong Ne. That would be Ne dominant, followed by Ti, not Ni. What would the relationship between your thinking that I may be ENTP or Ni dominant, as they're completely different. If I were Ni dominant I would be INFJ or INTJ. I am an INTP. I do see the transition to other types as somewhat flattering at times, though I'd see a better explanation in this case.

Ti may seek to categorize existing information, but Ne hungers for original connections. Si hungers for new sensory experiences, however it also associates past experiences to them. Ne is probably also high relative to other INTPs.

..You do appear more tapped in to your feeling than most of the INTPs here. I could likely be underestimating how cultural norms plays a role in this.
I'd agree that I'm more expressive of Feeling in this medium, and that I'm empathic in general. I think it is in part related to having strong feelers and extraverts close to me, and seeing the social deficits of some thinkers. It's also related to maturity. Over the years I've become much more comfortable with feeling's place in day to day life, where for many years I would suppress it and see it as a weakness.

While looking at letters over functions is not my preferred method, I think the large number of people that have taken the Personality.info test merits it with some standing for comparative purposes.

• Extraversion is about 6% lower than other INTPs, i.e. Introversion 6% higher.
  • Sensing is 18% lower than other INTPs, making Intuition 18% higher.
  • Thinking and Feeling: I'm 2% higher than the average INTP female in thinking, making me 2% lower in Feeling.
  • Perceiving: I'm about 10% higher than the average INTP i.e. 10% lower in Judging.

I'm not seeing how this is specifically relevant to the topic being discussed here though.

·
Registered
650 Posts

There.
Haha this is how I journal ^.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts