What is your handwriting like?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So... how is your handwriting?

EDIT:

For clarification's sake; to those of you who want to claim you write like a Doctor, your writing better look like this:

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
... then I guess ENTPs are the smartest type :p

I write in CAPS. It's the only way to make it legible.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Not an INTJ, but no doubt heavily influenced by my well developed Te/Ni.

Top, both left page and right page:

"My lack of knowledge or understanding does not absolve me of my responsibility to give and support with it."​
(Referring to my "emotional apathy." Probably takes around 5+ seconds per word to write this way.)

The middle left page:

"This is my standard and current handwrtng includng intentionally leaving out some key vowels as neccsry to still undr[short scribble]nd the context."​
(Estimated 1-2 seconds per word)

The middle right, first:

"My curiosity is emotional....."​

Middle right, second:

"The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dogs."​

The bottom left page:

"This is my alternative amusing handwriting."​

The bottom right page:

"And lastly, this was my writing during highschool (I think). Note the "a"s.​

The odd manuscript:

Developed a month or so ago to help me write faster with fewer writing errors, as well as fewer strokes (efficiency breeds swiftness in this case), and lastly to keep work related notes which are confidential just that: confidential. (I do a lot of hiring/firing/etc. at work and have to maintain some notes, and generally have a poor memory so transcribe everything to that notebook before emailing it to myself later.)

The letters "a, e, r, s, i, n, t, and o" all encompass 65% of the widely used English written/spoken language, and add another ten or so and you end up at 85%. Uncommon letters (J, K, Z, Q) all are the same symbol as the chances they would be together are impossible, and I will eventually learn to read them in context.

Right now it takes me about as fast as normal writing to write this, but much longer to read. Thus I practice reading everything I write a few days later when it's not fresh in my memory.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
I write with a fountain pen the majority of the time so my writing comes out neat calligraphy.

My father is obsessive about neat handwriting. (even though his is terrible)

When I use a ball point pen my hand writing is a mix of neat cursive or printing depending on what the purpose of my writing is.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I used to write in cursive until one day in high school I started printing everything. I have no idea why, but I've been printing things ever since, despite numerous attempts to correct this regression on my part.

My job requires me to keep a log, and it's a mixture of print and block capitals.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Not an INTJ, but no doubt heavily influenced by my well developed Te/Ni.

Top, both left page and right page:

"My lack of knowledge or understanding does not absolve me of my responsibility to give and support with it."​
(Referring to my "emotional apathy." Probably takes around 5+ seconds per word to write this way.)

The middle left page:

"This is my standard and current handwrtng includng intentionally leaving out some key vowels as neccsry to still undr[short scribble]nd the context."​
(Estimated 1-2 seconds per word)

The middle right, first:

"My curiosity is emotional....."​

Middle right, second:

"The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dogs."​

The bottom left page:

"This is my alternative amusing handwriting."​

The bottom right page:

"And lastly, this was my writing during highschool (I think). Note the "a"s.​

The odd manuscript:

Developed a month or so ago to help me write faster with fewer writing errors, as well as fewer strokes (efficiency breeds swiftness in this case), and lastly to keep work related notes which are confidential just that: confidential. (I do a lot of hiring/firing/etc. at work and have to maintain some notes, and generally have a poor memory so transcribe everything to that notebook before emailing it to myself later.)

The letters "a, e, r, s, i, n, t, and o" all encompass 65% of the widely used English written/spoken language, and add another ten or so and you end up at 85%. Uncommon letters (J, K, Z, Q) all are the same symbol as the chances they would be together are impossible, and I will eventually learn to read them in context.

Right now it takes me about as fast as normal writing to write this, but much longer to read. Thus I practice reading everything I write a few days later when it's not fresh in my memory.
VERY nice! I wish I could write like that! I always write in a frenzy and it shows.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
VERY nice! I wish I could write like that! I always write in a frenzy and it shows.
I have to maintain at least marginal handwriting 'cause at work I have to write down notes/directoin for dozens of people to later read and follow. They get pissy and complain if I don't, but don't feel comfortable getting with me, so the notes just don't get done and then I get pissy, hehe.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Mine is decent enough. If I'm in a hurry or crap mood though it shows in my handwriting. My printing looks like a first grader's so I try to avoid that.

·
Administrator
INTJ - ILI - 8w9 - Grunt
22,865 Posts
Absolute shit!. My writing as a left hander, smearing as I go, and illegible. Sometimes I look at it and say WTF is that.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have two different ones, both print. One is neat and tidy, but slow. The other is quick and messy. I am also left-handed, but it's never been an issue because I just turn the page from a 90 degree angle to 45. It's more omfortable that way and I don't smudge anything.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
My handwriting is essentially illegible. It did improve slightly, from completely illegible to sometimes at the border of legible if you know what to look for. However, I AM a doctor, so that's perfectly OK.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I write in cursive, as I don't like my printing.

When I really try I can make my handwriting neat and nice-looking like the second example here:

...except mine is a bit curvier.

My typical handwriting starts out looking similarly neat but gets messier very quickly as my mind starts to wander.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Mix of everything, all equally tough to read.

Having lived in Japan for 14 years the need for me to write has decreased...and I have begun to lose some language ('language attrition'). It's a strange phenomenon, especially when I do write.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
A mix of cursive and print all mashed together with tall letters, loopy descenders, and the occasional flourish. I have to use a smooth writing pen, gel or rollerball, fine point, black or purple ink. I absolutely will not use anything else. I prefer to type.

·
Registered
305 Posts
My handwriting reminds me of small lines and squiggles attempting to ride on the moving hippopotamus that is the space that I use. Others tell me that the paper actually doesn't move. My handwriting and I are inclined disagree with them.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts