Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just tired of not having any validation for my personality type. And it'd be nice to have some basis for my beliefs.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I relate to aspects of different personalities. I'm unsure on the Ne and Ni dochotomy mostly. Lately I've been thinking I could be a Si inferior.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I want to write one good book, so that I can feel I immortalized myself in a meaningful way for myself. To validate my thoughts and other aspects of myself.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I rarely feel like I'm at my finest. Maybe playing poker, when I get on a winning streak, knowing I made the right decisions.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Accomplishing seemingly mundane activities like laundry and basic hygiene. I do it, but I feel like it is a weakness. Also the fact that I occasionally smoke pot makes me feel inferior as does my playing poker.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

People mostly and pro-cons. I'm fairly sure I use Fe. I'm very cognizant of the people involved in things I do and am conscientious of how I project myself.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I don't need control, but I work better without taking orders.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I have different types of "fun", like I had fun drinking and smoking one night and listening to music. But I also had fun confronting my friend over issues he's made for our relationship. The adrenalin rush that came from the confrontation was probably the best feeling I've had.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

Theorize for sure. I'm terrible at memorization and hands on work.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

Not very.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I look to the principles and relate them to other principles I have and try to match them up and integrate them. If they do match up, I'll look for more information to support it. If they don't I'll reject the idea for now, but will have it working in the background in case something comes up where it would apply.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Making sure everyone is doing fine.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

Think before speaking, one on one.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I look before I leap 100% of the time. Both words and actions have their place. I like words a lot.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Not go out.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

Binge smoking/eating. I get a lot of shit done.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Selfish, lacking social awareness, brash assholes.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

That person. Other people.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

Details. My pant's fly. The state of disorder of my bedroom.

19) How do your friends perceive you?
What is wrong about their perception? ?
What would your friends never say about your personality ?

Nice, introverted, isolated.
It's probably right.
That I'm selfish or brash.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Sleep. Smoke weed. Write. Play poker. Get drunk and smoke a cigarette. Write. Sleep.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Sounds like an INFJ in a Ti-driven indecision episode. For what it's worth, I believe you are an INFJ.

Reactions: DJeter

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
INFJ sounds right, I could see INTP, but you seem to have more Fe than most INTPs.
I'd say
INFJ
Edit: nevermind, I might need to rethink your enneagram. currently I'm thinking 5w4>1w2>3w4 So/Sx

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
I agree with others, you're very much an INFJ.

Here's why I think so:

I look to the principles and relate them to other principles I have and try to match them up and integrate them. If they do match up, I'll look for more information to support it. If they don't I'll reject the idea for now, but will have it working in the background in case something comes up where it would apply.
The above is clearly Ni.

I have different types of "fun", like I had fun drinking and smoking one night and listening to music. But I also had fun confronting my friend over issues he's made for our relationship. The adrenalin rush that came from the confrontation was probably the best feeling I've had.
I don't know about others, but to me this indicates Inferior Se.

Sounds like Fe - but the reasoning for it seems to have been led through Ni rather than Si.

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
I'm just tired of not having any validation for my personality type. And it'd be nice to have some basis for my beliefs.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I relate to aspects of different personalities. I'm unsure on the Ne and Ni dochotomy mostly. Lately I've been thinking I could be a Si inferior.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I want to write one good book, so that I can feel I immortalized myself in a meaningful way for myself. To validate my thoughts and other aspects of myself.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I rarely feel like I'm at my finest. Maybe playing poker, when I get on a winning streak, knowing I made the right decisions.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Accomplishing seemingly mundane activities like laundry and basic hygiene. I do it, but I feel like it is a weakness. Also the fact that I occasionally smoke pot makes me feel inferior as does my playing poker.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

People mostly and pro-cons. I'm fairly sure I use Fe. I'm very cognizant of the people involved in things I do and am conscientious of how I project myself.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I don't need control, but I work better without taking orders.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

Theorize for sure. I'm terrible at memorization and hands on work.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

Not very.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Making sure everyone is doing fine.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

Think before speaking, one on one.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I look before I leap 100% of the time. Both words and actions have their place. I like words a lot.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Not go out.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

That person. Other people.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

Details. My pant's fly. The state of disorder of my bedroom.

19) How do your friends perceive you?
What is wrong about their perception? ?
What would your friends never say about your personality ?

Nice, introverted, isolated.
It's probably right.
That I'm selfish or brash.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Sleep. Smoke weed. Write. Play poker. Get drunk and smoke a cigarette. Write. Sleep.

You seem like an INFJ... with a lot of Ti.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
I never doubted INFJ for you either!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm definitely embarrassed by this thread but I want to bump it to get more thoughts...

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why is this thread embarrassing? I agree that you sound like an INFJ in this thread. Taking into consideration your other thread, you are definitely IxFJ.
Idk... I guess I get embarrassed being the center of attention when it comes to analyzing my psyche... I had a breakdown once, so I'm sensitive to judgment. But this definitely eased the anxiety I had with other's judgment... thanks again for taking a look, I really appreciate it... :)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Even without seeing the other members' posts and having never read your other threads, after reading your OP, I could see you as an INFJ. Cheers!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts