Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As an INFP, I usually confess my feelings betterthrough letters & emails. But, people always say a confession through letters/emails aren't real, it's only real when you talk face-to-face. Sadly, I'm very bad at talking face-to-face esp when it involves emotion/feeling. Im better at WRITING my feelings, not TALKING about them.

Have any of you experience the same? They say...if you just WRITE...you're trying to get away with ur mistake...or more extremely..you're trying to lie.......... :frustrating:

·
Registered
957 Posts
I think all INFPs can communicate better through writing. But yes, it's commonly thought, and even more so in teenage circles, that it's shameful to talk to someone about an important topic through means of writing/texting/email/etc. I don't see any problem with it. However, I think it is important to talk to someone face to face. It's probably more effective in the long run. You get more out of the conversation if you can watch a person's reaction.

Personally, I've always wanted that face to face interaction. Now that I don't love writing. :happy:

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think that writing ends up being an INFP tendency because we always see the backstory. there's so much information you have to give someone if they are ever to get a glimpse of what you're actually feeling, and sometimes it's hard to get that all out in a realtime conversation. usually i write an email or something with all the stuff that i'll have trouble putting together just speaking, and at the end of it always ask to talk face to face about it. that way you can get the messy bits out of the way the easy way, and the intensity of other person's presence doesn't go wasted when it's time to talk.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I have real trouble opening up in Face to face, Most of the time I'm cheerful and content but I get those times when I feel down and it shows so much no matter how hard I try to hide it, I usually try and stay cheerful.
When people know I'm down they say they I feel and look cold and sad and that I should open up and tell them whats wrong.
I don't want to be cold or sad and would love to open up but for some reason I just can't do it.

When I have feeling for someone no one ever seems to notice so I can hide them for ages, I like a girl in my class back in school for 3-4 years but then school ended, Only for her to pop up one day and she told me she likes me. o_O we been together for 1-2 years now, I still have trouble opening up fully though.

·
Registered
104 Posts
As an INFP, I usually confess my feelings betterthrough letters & emails. But, people always say a confession through letters/emails aren't real, it's only real when you talk face-to-face. Sadly, I'm very bad at talking face-to-face esp when it involves emotion/feeling. Im better at WRITING my feelings, not TALKING about them.

Have any of you experience the same? They say...if you just WRITE...you're trying to get away with ur mistake...or more extremely..you're trying to lie.......... :frustrating:
That is the only way I ever come across clearly. My ex LOVED my emails! He appreciated them and said it showed I cared enough to express myself so thoroughly. If someone says that to you then they are the one with the problem... trust!

·
Registered
104 Posts

Heyyy! Aren't you the one that made fun of my earings? :wink:

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Ahhh, this is so true. I communicate better through writing because it gives me time to think of the right words to use to get my points across as perfect as I can. In that case, writing for me is waaaaaaaaaay more real than just talking face to face. If I'm talking to people face to face, their opinions usually interrupt my own, so I can never really get out how I truly feel/think about something.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I can relate. People interrupt me constantly, so I can never really say everything I want to say. I am too polite to interrupt. Or too scared... And I always think of something AFTER the face-to-face conversation that I SHOULD have said. A better way to express myself. In emails, I can perfect my expression. I have time to find words to say what I am REALLY thinking and feeling. And no one is changing the subject on me before I have the opportunity to fully express myself.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I can relate. People interrupt me constantly, so I can never really say everything I want to say. I am too polite to interrupt. Or too scared... And I always think of something AFTER the face-to-face conversation that I SHOULD have said. A better way to express myself. In emails, I can perfect my expression. I have time to find words to say what I am REALLY thinking and feeling. And no one is changing the subject on me before I have the opportunity to fully express myself.
This basically. But there are times when I can zone in and really from my heart without my brain getting in the way. And once I start it's like the words flow flawlessly has if I were texting or something.

Reactions: starflower
1 - 10 of 10 Posts