Personality Cafe banner

PS4 or Xbox One?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had to choose which current video game console do you prefer and why? Personally I have a PS4 so I would have to say PS4 but also because I had a PS3 last generation so all of my trophies carried over with me to this generation. However I do have a few friends who own the Xbone and they seem to like it. Which one do you prefer and give some legitimate reasons as to why

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
MUHAHAHAHHA FILTHY CONSOLE PEASANTS!!!

The Xbone is like a potato right out of the ground; Disgusting, dirty and pretty much worthless. The PS4 on the other hand is like a cooked potato, roasted with herbs and butter. The PS4 may be better than the Xbone, but at the end of the day it's still just a potato. The WiiU is okay though.

8th Gen consoles are garbage and are what made me ascend to the Master Race.

·
Registered
145 Posts
PC! I don't even have a PS4 or Xbox One So it is kind of my only choice although there is Garry's Mod and TF2. I do want a Wii U for Pikmin 3, Super Smash Bros, and Mario Kart 8.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I'm not a big fan of video games right now. Today's generation of video games suck to me.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have an Xbox One cause my lil bro sold my xbox 360 and all my games to get it. Anyway, it's pretty much the same as the Xbox 360, except it looks nicer. I would rather have a Playstation 4, though.
But I only use my PC to play stuff like Minecraft. I hardly game anymore.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I'm not much of a console person. I really only play indie nowadays which usually means PC. Actually affordable for college students and more fun usually; AAAs have been pretty lackluster lately. So most of the time my PS4 serves as a DVD/Blu-Ray player, but I got a PS4 after skipping the PS3. I'm a SquareEnix person, which at least in the past has bound my soul to Sony. KH3 is coming out on Xbox One. Even if I did know that in advance, PS4 is the choice anyway. Stronger system.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm not much of a console person. I really only play indie nowadays which usually means PC. Actually affordable for college students and more fun usually; AAAs have been pretty lackluster lately. So most of the time my PS4 serves as a DVD/Blu-Ray player, but I got a PS4 after skipping the PS3. I'm a SquareEnix person, which at least in the past has bound my soul to Sony. KH3 is coming out on Xbox One. Even if I did know that in advance, PS4 is the choice anyway. Stronger system.
Yeah I'm a Square person myself! I bought a PS3 in 09' just for KH3 and (at the time) Final Fantasy Versus. Unfortuntately tht never came to fruition but atleast its being developed for PS4 & Xbone :)

What was your first Square game? Mine was FF7!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Yeah I'm a Square person myself! I bought a PS3 in 09' just for KH3 and (at the time) Final Fantasy Versus. Unfortuntately tht never came to fruition but atleast its being developed for PS4 & Xbone :)

What was your first Square game? Mine was FF7!
It was KH lol. I remember seeing the commercials on TV and wanted it so bad (also spawned my J-Pop obsession that lasted through 6th grade :rolleyes:) then I played it a bit while over at my cousin's and got obsessed. Shortly after, I went to my dad's friends house and I found my first Final Fantasy which was FFX. I got my PS2 specifically for those two.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Console and PC master race!

I'd have to say my favourite console is the 3DS, but that's just because all of my favourite recent games are on it (MH4U, TLoZ:MM...).

·
Warden-Commander
24,113 Posts
I have neither, plus I haven't played with a controller in two years or so. PC it is.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
PC Master Race Bitches that was funny. Yeah it's a though one but for now in this current generation of video games I'd give the PS4 the edge.

·
Registered
347 Posts
When I was younger I had a PC that was unable to run most high-end games well, but I still tried. I came to view PCs as high-maintenance and difficult to play on. With consoles, I never had to worry about requirements and performance issues, hard disk space, corrupted files, etc. Thus I was a console gamer for a while.

Later my friends got me into WoW and my PC could barely run it in certain situations so I saved up and bought a much better PC. Since then I have bought many other games for PC and turned into a PC fanatic. With a good PC I now see how much better PC gaming is than console gaming.

The only thing PC gaming lacks is console exclusives.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts