Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you experienced this ? How did you handle this ? How long did it take for your to come back on the dating scene (and get really involved in a relationship) ? What helped you ?

If you are a female, you can answer as well !

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
Hey Callie ... Ummmm ... if you recall, I was divorced last March and since then I've made literally 5000 posts on the subject :p

It took me less than 2 months to attract a lady in my life and I had several arranged marriage proposals. I wasn't ready for a relationship till about August last year.

The exact dates are wague in my mind, but @Etherea and I started talking because of a thread she posted in the INFJ section and we were drawn to each other. I was not open for a relationship nor was I looking for one.

My marriage was relatively abusive and I had severe trust issues coming out of it. I had closed my mind to ever getting married again or even letting another woman even close to me ... I was thinking in absolutes. I was not ready to fall in love but I couldn't help it after I decided to open myself up to the possibility after I started talking to @Etherea.

Honestly, I had moved on from the marriage a year or so before the actual divorce because I had already guessed that my wife had every intention of betraying me as did her family. I had foreseen it so when it came to pass, I married myself to my work and became extremely productive there. People said I was the happiest they had ever seen me after my divorce and I really saw it as an opportunity to start anew.

Since then, I've hit several emotional and physical roadblocks but I like to believe that If I wasn't disabled, my outlook on life and actual success would've been very different. I've been humbled by failure, but not stopped. I'm much too powerful for something trivial like a divorce [and thats what it seems like now] to make me doubt myself or my worth. Like I said it was humbling, but certainly not something I can't overcome.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for this very honest and interesting answer (and congrats on you and Etherea). I feel like INFJs have more issues to overcome it than the only divorced ENFJ male sample on here ! :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Depends on the person, I guess. A friend of mine got divorced two years ago and still hasn't been able to have a relationship.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts