Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Plumcot
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems I enter MBTI crisis quite a lot. I understand that MBTI isn't something to worry over, and the fact that it should NEVER EVER be used to make major life choices.
Anyways, my friend who's almost done with her psych program in college types me as xNFP and said I was more than likely a shy ENFP.
"Extraverted intuition is about generating new ideas, seeing new connections and possibilities. And I think I see that a lot in you. You are always exploring new ideas, you are exploring different concept and ideas." - My friend.
I found that to be rather odd since I lose energy talking to others, but I'm highly excited in the moment when I'm discussing things with them. One on one conversation is more entertaining than group discussions. I can go on about the things that make me look like an introvert.
Anyways, I just can't tell if I'm an introvert or an extrovert.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I can definitely relate. In fact, I've found myself confused over whether I'm an introvert or an extravert, whether I'm a sensor or an intuitive, whether I'm a thinker or a feeler, and even between perceiving and judging.

I'm no authority on mbti, but I get the feeling that we all go through times where our natural preferences are overpowered by the environment we're in, and overall are conditioned by our life experiences. I think the best way to get a good idea of your type is to A) ask siblings or anyone you've been close to since childhood to help type you, and also to think on the moments in your life where you felt like you were in your element, and type yourself based on that. The first part helps you because it's really nice to get someone else's perspective, especially when they know you well. And the second part is because I believe mbti mostly describes how people are when they're in their element.

·
Plumcot
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can definitely relate. In fact, I've found myself confused over whether I'm an introvert or an extravert, whether I'm a sensor or an intuitive, whether I'm a thinker or a feeler, and even between perceiving and judging.

I'm no authority on mbti, but I get the feeling that we all go through times where our natural preferences are overpowered by the environment we're in, and overall are conditioned by our life experiences. I think the best way to get a good idea of your type is to A) ask siblings or anyone you've been close to since childhood to help type you, and also to think on the moments in your life where you felt like you were in your element, and type yourself based on that. The first part helps you because it's really nice to get someone else's perspective, especially when they know you well. And the second part is because I believe mbti mostly describes how people are when they're in their element.
I see, I'll research cognitive functions in the mean time and create some questions to ask my family. Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts