Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Blech.

Hello, so after much debate we decided on ENFP as opposed to INFP. And while I do have the fast-paced mind and ideas of an Ne-dom, and while I act like an ENFP (at least in the voice thing I did). However, after reading some differences between ENFP and INFP, I'm not completely positive I'm an ENFP anymore. Especially since I'm a social introvert.

I apologize if this is going to circles, but I'm an NFP, Ne and uncertainty are my specialities :)
I just want to get this sorted out now, and I wanted to decide for sure. I'm more inclined to say ENFP- however, I want to be sure. Alright?

I don't want this to be a 40 paged thread- I just want to make sure my type is my type for sure, alright?

Okay, so let me list reasons for both types.

ENFP:
- When in a good mood, I act very ENFP-like.
- I like socializing (with certain people).
- I'm very outwardly expressive. I don't have the INFP habit of acting monotonous or aloof.
- I'm very scatterbrained, and my mind is extremely fast.
- I focus more on my ideas than my values.
- I'm very quirky, odd, etc.
- I'm better at logic than I am at sensing.
- I need external validation to be happy.
- My Ne is probably stronger than my Fi.
- I feel like my Te is too strong to be inferior.
- I talk fast and my thoughts are the same.
- I'm more assertive than passive.

INFP:
- My social extroversion is an adapted trait that I created myself in order to fit in better. I am naturally an introvert, by far.
- I think much more than talk.
- In any other mood besides good, I act like an INFP.
- I'm also very reserved at times, and I need a lot of alone time. I mean, a lot.
- I've always thought of myself as an introvert.
- Cognitively, I feel like an introvert. I tend to focus on myself and how I fit into the world more than the world around me.
- I'm very, very serious inwardly. I'm sometimes serious on the outside, sometimes not, it depends.
- I feel that my Si may not be inferior...but I don't know?
- I'm highly emotional and depressed easily.
- I'm shy and quiet around people I don't know.
- I hate parties, large groups of people at once when it's too loud.

I'm most likely still an ENFP. But I just want to make sure.

Can someone help me to make sure I'm not an INFP after all? Pretty please?

@Oswin @shinynotshiny @Blue Soul @alittlebear @Gray Romantic

Reactions: Dangerose

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
You're ENFP. I vote ENFP.

Reactions: Dangerose

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're ENFP. I vote ENFP.
But I'm a social introvert. :frustrating:
And I get my energy from myself, not the external world. And I focus on myself in the introverted mindset sense.

O_O

Reactions: Pressed Flowers

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
But I'm a social introvert. :frustrating:
And I get my energy from myself, not the external world. And I focus on myself in the introverted mindset sense.

O_O
Extroverts don't necessarily get their energy from outside themselves. Especially not Ne dominants. Like, as an extrovert I can say some extroverts are classically extroverted, but in MBTI the E in ENFP just means you lead with extroverted intuition, which you most definitely do.

Reactions: Telepathis Goosus

·
Queen of Hearts
17,939 Posts
I vote ENFP too, and I don't really have any clue how to determine which is correct. I think you're too Ne to be anything but Ne-dom though.

Reactions: Pressed Flowers

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Extroverts don't necessarily get their energy from outside themselves. Especially not Ne dominants. Like, as an extrovert I can say some extroverts are classically extroverted, but in MBTI the E in ENFP just means you lead with extroverted intuition, which you most definitely do.
Okay, so I'm a socially introverted ENFP? Does that work?

·
Queen of Hearts
17,939 Posts
You know, a slightly reserved ENFP))

Reactions: Telepathis Goosus

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ENFPs can require ALOT of alone time for self-reflection.

If you get emotionally hurt, how do you fix it?
I try to talk to people who will help me, get advice. I get stubborn sometimes and refuse to tell people my problems, however I always end up feeling better when I talk to someone who cares about me and can offer useful advice.

Also, I tend to become really reserved, quiet, and don't talk much to anyone. Even more than normal.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Ask yourself this; after a long day, assuming that your not sleepy or physically tired, do you want to be alone or with friends?

Also you can watch these:

ENFP

INFP

[/Both
Well, I'm usually exhausted after a long day, I barely ever am not.

(Edited to be more in depth:)

However, usually I prefer to have some alone time to reflect on my day. Maybe I'll have a nice conversation with someone close to me, (usually my mother or best friend), but I don't at all want to be with a lot of friends. Maybe it's due to the fact that I've always been a bit antisocial and do not spend much time with my peers, maybe something else- I don't know.

I tend to get a lot of energy from one-on-one conversations with others. I love those Fi-style small deep conversations with those I care about.

However, in general I get a lot of energy being alone. I can't stand large quantities of social interaction for too long. I can handle it, yes, and sometimes I really want to have someone to talk to. A lot of times I feel lonely and all I want is one or two people to talk to. However, never do I want to be in a loud group of people. I hate loud people, and always have...:p

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,387 Posts
I try to talk to people who will help me, get advice. I get stubborn sometimes and refuse to tell people my problems, however I always end up feeling better when I talk to someone who cares about me and can offer useful advice.

Also, I tend to become really reserved, quiet, and don't talk much to anyone. Even more than normal.
That sounds like how an ENFP would handle it, I think they tend to seek out other people for aid. An INFP would more likely want to isolate themselves, and solve their emotions on their own. An ENFP will do this too of course, the line is fine.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That sounds like how an ENFP would handle it, I think they tend to seek out other people for aid. An INFP would more likely want to isolate themselves, and solve their emotions on their own. An ENFP will do this too of course, the line is fine.
Hmm, okay.

I also tend to become quite rude and bossy to anyone who tries to bother me when I'm in my "brooding" mode. Not sure what this implies, but my ISFJ mother surely does not like it.

Also, maybe a good way to figure out my type is to identify whether I have inferior Si or inferior Te. Partially why I sometimes doubt my Si is inferior is because I tend to relive past experiences a lot, and enjoy doing so. I'm no SJ, and I'm very much a strong Ne user, but I'm not completely sure if my Si is inferior or not. Is there any way to test this?

·
Queen of Hearts
17,939 Posts
Thinking)

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
@TelepathicGoose ENFP seems more likely from what I've seen, as INFPs tend to have a more rigid and preachy vibe as they get into inferior Te mode at times (at least my mom does that and INFP seems to be the best match for her), thing that I haven't noticed in your posts, and I think that your logic doesn't seem like inferior Te. Your Ne also seems more 'free flowing', like it's your default mode and not something that's acting as a slave of other function. So, being socially introverted doesn't mean that you can't be a Ne dom, as there may be lots of non type related reasons that make you shy away from social interaction.

1 - 20 of 252 Posts