Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone. I just recently found out about MBTI and was quite amused by it until now. Through some self-observations and tests, I finally found the type that I can relate myself into, but after going deeper into the cognitive functions I began to doubt the accuracy of my own type and even found myself being able to relate deeply with other types. So not knowing what else to do to solve this issue and find my actual type, I think it’d be a good idea to hear from the experts in this forum based on my cognitive functions and a few questionnaires I found in some old threads:

I try to avoid characterizing by the letters, but I’m pretty convinced that I fall into the “NF” or idealist category.
Here is my order of cognitive functions from strongest to weakest:

Ni-Fi-Fe-Ne-Se-Ti-Te-Si

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
Originally I thought myself as an INFJ due to my overused Ni and quite high Fe, which fuels my tendency to idealistically trying to create positive impact in myself and the world. But being somewhat rebellious and opinionated since young age, my Fi, which is the second most developed function, often took over and led me to act according to what believe is right regardless of what others think; leading to the possibility of me being an INFP/ENFP considering how my Ne is also moderately developed. Due to this, I feel too opinionated and rebellious for INFJ/ENFJ who value harmony as their priority (thanks to Fe), but unlike most ENFP I’ve met, I feel like their ideas (Ne) can be broadly interesting and fun but are lacking in depth; which is something I value the most in terms of gathering knowledge. In a sense, I feel too rigid for I/ENFP (due to high Ni) and too selfish for I/ENFJ (due to high Fi).

Socially, I’m quite strange as well. In public streets, I’ve had people describe me as cold and gloomy and that might be true. Whenever I’m alone, I couldn’t resist the urge to gather the premonition of things; good or bad, which sometime caused me to feel empty & sorrowful over something that is not yet happening or still out of my reach. But on the other hand, whenever I am around my friends or strangers I can “click” with, I can go hours of talking. I’d tell them anything and do anything that to make the interaction interesting or make myself look stupid to lighten the atmosphere. Due to this, I prefer social situation because I can distract myself from the “scary” thoughts that often haunts me and causes me to turn gloomy, but due to how rare it is to find such individuals to open up with, I end up getting stuck with these thoughts most of the time.

I use my Ne a quite a lot too, especially when reading others. If I can’t “sense” what’s going on inside someone, I try to come up with possible outcomes that cause a person to act a certain way. Because of these, I suffer from the habit of overthinking.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
To build myself into the person I want to be. I see knowledge and selfless contribution as the surest ways to create impact in one’s life, so I’m working to be a person who can inspire others through actions and share the accumulated knowledge and wisdom to others. I enjoy music, visual arts, and writings and working to gain some expertise in these fields even just for hobbies. I also want to travel the world and expand my limited perspective of the world.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

When I learn new ways of doing or understanding things, so much that it overlaps or shatter the previous “beliefs” that I had and cause me to transform into a (hopefully) better person. This can be applied to worldly experience, people, and ideas.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
I never feel satisfied with myself, no matter how far I get with everything that I accumulated so far. Causing the false sense of “unworthiness” that is untrue in many occasions. I’m also out of touch with reality so much that I often miss the small crucial details that might affect the whole point of a subject.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I try to see both sides of problems/possible outcomes, and try to combine them into a decision that will create a “win-win” situation.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I have to visualize the result before taking steps towards it. If I can’t visualize it, the result will often reflect the lack of thoughts I put into it.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
When I do outdoor activities with friends and spent almost the whole night talking about random things (fears, missed opportunities, humiliation, funny stories, etc.). The sense of “wholeness” of such situation always leaves positive impressions in me.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
When I learn things I must see how the experts do it and see whether if I can pick up their “styles” or “preferences” so I can hopefully learn it combine it with mine to create my own ways of doing it.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
It depends. I dress neatly all the time, have my portfolio sorted perfectly, and pile my books in categories. But for things I don’t really care for such as my closet, desk, and kitchen, they are “organized” in such a mess that only I can understand.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
By comparing the new idea with my current understanding for it; to make sure that it fits with the missing puzzle piece that I’ve been looking for. So basically I have to see it, test it, and believe it …until new and better ideas come to replace or make good additions to it.
I also dislike theory without any application as much as I dislike applications without any frameworks to work around.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
A bit of both. To make sure that I am following my principles so I can be true and genuinely helpful to others as much as I can be true and helpful to myself.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I always think before I speak. One-on-one is the best communication there is for me because it’ll be the time when I can focus my attention to someone and relate to them in a very personal way. People tend to lie or exaggerate in group discussions in which I dislike.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

In an analogy, if I’m going somewhere for an adventure, I need to know the destination but I’d prefer not having anyone telling me the crime rate, weather, temperature, where to go/not to go, etc. since it kills the fun of learning and experiencing. And yes, action speaks more than word.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Hop into my car and start the engine.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
Talking with someone. Not about the stress source, but about anything interesting that might distract me from the stress. When I’m completely alone, I channel my stress by playing piano.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
The inability to expand their knowledge of things, which led them to be confidently and proudly ignorant about things they think they know really well of. Talking with them is a waste of time.

Groupthink.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
[Typical scenario of talking with ENFP friend]
Me: “Man, what can we do to make [insert anything here] better?”
ENFP friend: “Oh, how about we do this, this, and that!”
Me: “Sounds like a plan! Let’s do this one first!” <- this conversation ALWAYS gets me going
Also, my favorite topics to talk about with people are dreams, goals, ideas, concepts, symbols, and personal experiences/lessons, and I tend to feed these kinds of questions to make interesting conversations. I despise topics about religion, local sports, and celebs with passion.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
Social trends. I only buy things I really need and say things as it is written in the dictionary.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
My good friends often told me how I could befriend people effortlessly, which I don’t think it’s true. While it is true that I often try to connect myself with people in my surroundings, I only keep handful of them worthy to be called friends. During my earlier years, I also described as crazy, creative, thoughtful, sassy, supportive, and somewhat bossy.
In contrast, my barely known classmates and coworkers often label my as “shy” and that is not true. While working, my focus would be aimed towards completing the task as efficiently as possible, hence why I don’t bother socializing. But during happy hours, my focus would be aimed at having as much fun as possible.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Hiking with friends/acquaintances, lock myself in my library and read all day, learning how to play new songs on piano, drawing, or catching up with a friend over a coffee.

I'll greatly appreciate any help with this. Thanks! :th_love:

·
Registered
31 Posts
At first I was thinking INFP with identity crisis, but having read your whole post it definitely looks like you're an ISFP.

Your Fi is so strong that it makes you insecure and wish to be more aware of the people that you like. You talk about outdoor activities, experiencing, visualizing.. that's all Se to me. Your Ni is still very strong as well, and I didn't notice a lot of effort into taking things apart for the sake of it (Ti), so that's my opinion and typing on you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts