·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm noticing that a lot of xNTJ's go into engineering as a career field

·
Registered
86 Posts
The hard sciences bore me to tears. The soft are fun though as long as I don't have to get emotionally involved - contradiction much? I know.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The hard sciences bore me to tears. The soft are fun though as long as I don't have to get emotionally involved - contradiction much? I know.
Define hard and soft sciences

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Quite attracted to Biomedical, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering.

Probably going to do Electrical at college next year.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Define hard and soft sciences
hard science 
–noun
any of the natural or physical sciences, as chemistry, biology, physics, or astronomy, in which aspects of the universe are investigated by means of hypotheses and experiments.

soft science 
–noun
any of the specialized fields or disciplines, as psychology, sociology, anthropology, or political science, that interpret human behavior, institutions, society, etc., on the basis of scientific investigations for which it may be difficult to establish strictly measurable criteria.

Courtesy of Dictionary.com | Find the Meanings and Definitions of Words at Dictionary.com

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hard science 
–noun
any of the natural or physical sciences, as chemistry, biology, physics, or astronomy, in which aspects of the universe are investigated by means of hypotheses and experiments.

soft science 
–noun
any of the specialized fields or disciplines, as psychology, sociology, anthropology, or political science, that interpret human behavior, institutions, society, etc., on the basis of scientific investigations for which it may be difficult to establish strictly measurable criteria.

Courtesy of Dictionary.com | Find the Meanings and Definitions of Words at Dictionary.com
Oh, then I love soft sciences as well.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
5w6 is usually attracted to the hard sciences, and 5w4 is often attracted to the softer ones.

[/derail]

I was a sociology major. : P

Reactions: lilmunchkin

·
Registered
560 Posts
I'm really interested in mechanical and chemical engineering.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
5w6 is usually attracted to the hard sciences, and 5w4 is often attracted to the softer ones.

[/derail]

I was a sociology major. : P
I've noticed that 7 w 6 are also quite attracted to soft sciences and vice versa.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
I'm an ENTP. Was into engineering. Started to lose my marbles because it's so slow from start to finish. It's also very sensing oriented. Intuition can help you make great leaps, but everyone wants it to be supported with numbers.

I love science, no matter what. Love both hard and soft. And an easier delineation between hard and soft sciences for me is
hard=quantitative
soft=qualitative

Yeehaw!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I'm not interested in engineering, but I can see why many NTs are. I love and am informed by both the social and natural sciences, though my speciality is philosophy, which I would say exists in some limbo that is not exactly a humanity or a science.

I do like home repair and am a "car guy," so maybe that's how I channel my latent engineering impulse.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Yeahhh. I realized I am much happier being a home mechanic than a mechanical engineering. Haha :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts