Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the first time I took the MBTI test I scored INTP. I also took 3 more tests from different sites and I kept scoring INTP and I was pretty convinced with it (very high N and P, moderate T and I). Some days ago, I started reading about socionics and I did the advanced test from sociotype.com and I scored ILE ENTp-1Ne. The description of ENTp, plus the functions and dichotonomies fit me much better than the INTj (91% odds of being one). Also had chance of being INTp (68% or something) or INFj (59%?).
Now, the question is, why do I keep scoring Introversion in MBTI? Observation: In "Yes or No" tests I scored 75-90% Introversion, while in scrolling thingy test with lots more questions I scored 60%. Same with Feeling.
I behaved very much like an Extravert when I was a child, but my parents never "stimulated" me socially (though they really did mentally :laughing:). So I spent most of my time alone (only child, working parents) but I loved going out and having fun with my friends, talking to strangers, etc. But this changed a lot recently. During the last 3 years (since I'm 12), I've noticed a pattern when I'm walking in the street. People looked at my feet when they walked next to me, and I supposed it was because I walked "weird". Or maybe funny, idk. I tried my best to correct it, whatever it was. And yeah, vain attempts. So I think this might be related to the Introversion I score in the tests.

Do you like to spend time alone at home, or outside with friends? Yes O No O

So my answer there would be no. But not because I rather spend time alone, just because I don't wanna go out to the streets and get laughed at. (The laughs have been more common in the last few days, and it's really starting to worry and depress me, at least when I'm in the street or about to leave).:blushed:
And then, psychological distance, an ENTP problem. There's an INxP girl that confessed love to me last year (she said I "emanated a special aura, distinct from any other boy") and I didn't know her really well, but I guess I rejected her just because of her appearance (acne pls). And now I talk to her (on fb) like if she was my girlfriend (stuff about philosophy, life, sex, or anything) and many times when I see her in real life, I treat her like if she was a stranger. And I don't really know, but I guess she's confused about it. (I made her take the MBTI test and she scored INFP, though she says "she has a cold approach to life" and shows many INTP traits as well. (I know she couldn't hurt a fly though:laughing:).
Ugh, the whole post got off-topic already. And I was about to submit it when I though of more stuff to write in it. Damn.:kitteh:
This is the point where you should stop reading, everything gets unrelated with the first part of the post (but I wrote so much I didn't want to delete it :laughing:)
I took 2 cognitive functions test as well, and scored Ni-dominant in one and Ti-dom in another. Can't remember well the stack but it's in my signature if you wanna take a look. And this has me a bit confused. Something just doesn't make sense. Oh, Ti. But I like gathering information and eventually adding it to my "framework of logic". Like accepting it and then check if it makes sense or not. And that sounds ENTp, not INTj. But it kinda bothers me when something doesn't make sense. And I start dreaming stuff. Yep, I dreamt about this girl I've mentioned before, and about MBTI (in the same dream). I was obsessed about her, being an INFP or a INTP. At least I could recall the thought "INFP" in my head. I also dream a lot about water, and I read somewhere this was a Phlegmatic attribute (scored 61% in Phleg in a test) and I'm not really sure whether dreams have a meaning or not (not the weird meanings my INFJ mom has to provide) Example: Some months later after my Grandpa died, I dreamt of him and told my mom and she said it was him, communicating with me from the Cosmos in the form of energy, and when we dream, our soul departs temporarily from our body to encounter our quantum twin and... Well she said so much stuff that seemed nonsensical, yet I didn't have anything to argument against her, so I just stared at her with a -please stop talking shit- smile on my face.
Also I think I have ADD, and ADHD when I drink coffee in the morning :crazy:

·
Banned
5,877 Posts
It's not among the types you have considered but you sound like an intense ENFP to me.
Lots of energy, lots of rambling and emoticons, Ne and Fi all over the place, talking the most about people you love and your feelings and a complete disregard for the questionnaires and guidelines haha.

Many ENXPs are also moderate in their extroversion and could easily be mistaken for introverts.
Of course I'm not an expert but try to see if the shoe fits before others will offer some better insight.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Yep, no chance in hell you're an INTP, it's either ENFP or ENTP.
So you have a framework of logic, that's not indicative of type. What does correlate is how you decide what information is valuable enough to become part of your framework. Can you describe this process?

Reactions: jjekpo

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First, I see whether something makes logical sense or not and short after, I see it from the "ethical" point of view (it all happens unconsciously) and then I end up acting with my feelings and then regretting for lack of common sense or acting with my cold logic and regretting for hurting somebody :( (I feel worse when I hurt someone though, and it takes more for me to "forget" about it so the thought of my bad actions stalks me all the time until I say sorry)

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
How do you decide if something is logical or not, in detail? Do you have more of a tendency to act with 'cold logic' or with feelings and a 'lack of common sense'? Can you describe a time you did either?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok. This happens to me every now and then, but it usually depends on "how I'm feeling at the moment".
Example: There's a group task at school and I'm the one who does everything while the rest of the group slacks off. When I'm feeling fine or "neutral" (many times I've an expressionless face, and people think I'm sad or angry but I'd describe myself as neutral) :dry:, I don't complain, because I'm helping them get better marks and it feels kinda good :happy: (mercy?). But when I'm feeling sad or angry for whatever reason, I'm more likely to tell the teacher they didn't do a shit and I did all the job (justice?) but I do this on their backs or else they would bully me :unsure:
So you're probably trying to see whether I'm F or T, and I did the multiple MBTI test (score, wanted score and wanted partner score) and I had something like 52% T and 48% F, whilst my "wanted" personality was ENFP.
But I'd say I act in different NP ways according to the situation. When I'm with guys or (emotionally) unattractive girls I tend to act like an ENTP, when I'm with strangers I act more INTP-ish and when I'm with a girl I feel attracted to (which are generally xNFP's), I usually act like a xNFP too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Firstly, check the order of your cognitive functions. Is Ti or Ne stronger?
That's the problem. Sometimes I score higher Ne, sometimes higher Ti. I just did one and scored 85% Ne and 75% Ti. So maybe I'm an introverted ENxP or something like that :laughing:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Also I think I have ADD, and ADHD when I drink coffee in the morning :crazy:
The post was a bit long but I noticed the quoted comment at the end and wanted to comment on it. ADHD (with or without hyperactivity) responds to caffiene in the opposite way neuro-typicals do. Stimulents are used to calm and focus the mind and won't make you hyper if you actually have ADHD.

·
Registered
465 Posts
INTP: I wonder why X is the case? I should figure out some reasons. (Perception is used to answer a question)
ENTP: I've noticed X is the case. I wonder why that is? (Questions come about as a result of perceptions)

ENTPs will be constantly gathering new information from the environment, INTPs will do this to answer a question they have. Obviously both do both, but they typically orientate primarily in one or the other.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Example: There's a group task at school and I'm the one who does everything while the rest of the group slacks off. When I'm feeling fine or "neutral" (many times I've an expressionless face, and people think I'm sad or angry but I'd describe myself as neutral)
Sure, I'm like this too when it comes to whether or not I'm feeling neutral, but it's more than that when I decided to shoulder the entire work load on my shoulders. First I evaluate my group. Am I stuck with a bunch of slackers, what is the probability that they won't try to contribute, the probability that they will wait till the last moment, and so on.... If I know there is no point in depending on them, then I will separate myself from the group and do everything on my own. :dry: If they tried to at least contribute in some way, then I give them credit. If not, then I look to see if they expected me to do the whole thing. I've had plenty of people cling onto me thinking they were going to get a free ride, but learn quickly that if they don't do at least one thing then I won't give them credit. Most of the time I just go to the teacher and ask if I can just do the group work alone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts