Personality Cafe banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Ohhh somebody I follow on Tumblr did a thing on SJ villains but now I don't remember who it was... I'm gonna see if I can find it...

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I think of Inspector Javert from Les Miserables as an ISTJ villain; Villefort from The Count of Monte Cristo could be ISTJ as well. Both are public officials with unquestioning respect for authority, and an inflexible, tough approach to the law as they believe that any leniency will lead to a collapse of moral order.

·
Banned
421 Posts
Thinking it over, an ISTJ villain would be strange. Too afraid to take risks, so their plans would become repetitive and easy to predict, eventually. They would know this of course, so they would have planned it all in their head before taking any steps to be extra careful, and in the end, they never actually make any villain moves. It's all in their head only.
Isn’t that more a description of enneagram 6 rather than ISTJ?

I think XSTJs would be strongly, maybe violently enforcing rules from their creed/superiors etc. that are seen as “evil” by the protagonist. They would be extremely stubborn and narrow-minded, expecting everyone to conform to them.

·
Registered
ISTJ
1,547 Posts
Isn’t that more a description of enneagram 6 rather than ISTJ?

I think XSTJs would be strongly, maybe violently enforcing rules from their creed/superiors etc. that are seen as “evil” by the protagonist. They would be extremely stubborn and narrow-minded, expecting everyone to conform to them.
Like Agent Smith but less talkative?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Two ISTJs that immediately come to mind are Reinhard Heydrich and the Georgian Joseph Stalin (იოსებ სტალინი). There is no lack of information about the latter, who was highly intelligent and, in small circles, even charismatic, from his teachers’ pet to the most talented dictator of the 20th century (1922/1924/1928 - 1953).

Perhaps the best introduction to Stalin:

Simon Sebag Montefiore

Young Stalin (2007)
Unabridged audiobook: 16 h 27 min

Stalin: The Court of the Red Tsar (2003)
Unabridged audiobook: 27 h 50 min

Much more comprehensive:

Stephen Kotkin

Stalin, Volume I: Paradoxes of Power, 1878-1928 (2014)
Unabridged audiobook: 38 h 47 min

Stalin, Volume II: Waiting for Hitler, 1929-1941 (2017)
Unabridged audiobook: 49 h 44 min

Stalin, Volume III: ?

Peter Robinson is a brilliant and always well-prepared interviewer:

Paradoxes of Power 1

Paradoxes of Power 2

Waiting for Hitler 1

Waiting for Hitler 2

By the way, the beloved Winston Churchill (ESTP) was not only a great racist, which isn’t surprising for a British imperialist, but also one of the prominent mass murderers of non-combatants in Germany, Japan and, most importantly, in India:

21 - 27 of 27 Posts