Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure there's already a poetry thread in the ISFP forums but I thought it would nice to start one for other member types to write poetry specifically for ISFPs, if that makes any sense.

Poetry not necessarily about the type but more about the characteristics, what you may think an ISFP may relate to or enjoy drawn from what you know of the type from your own experiences with an ISFP, or, even what you only know from the forums and description of the type. Also to make it more interesting, please share your Enneagram along with your Keirsey/MBTI if you associate with it.

ISFPs are very much welcome to post poetry here too if keeping with the description (only because it may get redundant with an existing poetry thread.) Hopefully, other member types would be encouraged to write stuff for you guys here too.

I know that perhaps ISFPs are not one to like metaphors and subjective things very much but at the very least, I know you all appreciate creativity.. so I hope you enjoy!

-------------------

I'll start off I guess. infj/9w1

Here's my sewing pin for you, to
Sew your supposed blemish shut, and
Mend these hidden holes

of your broken shirt
..covering your silent, broken heart

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
@Dosto

Great idea Dosto.

Swoon*

Poetry on the characteristics and qualities of an ISFP. I like this thread idea.

I write alot of poetry and prose but I of course post it elsewhere. :) But I may start a poem for Infj's now.....

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
One day I plated a seed,
of doubt and gave heed,
to a prophet of greed
His reign we didn't need,
to be ourselves and freed

I call it "Fuck Keirsey"

·
Heretic
ESI 5w4 9w8 2w1
10,691 Posts
###################################
# Didn't read posting gudielines! Ignore...#
###################################

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
****GUIDELINES FOR POETRY POSTS TO "XXXX POETRY FOR ISFPs"****

1. Poetry postings here is NOT restricted to ISFPs but rather, poetry from other types is much more encouraged so long as it's about ISFPs. Think of it as poems dedicated to ISFPs.

2. Poetry is to be about ISFPs-- their characteristics, qualities, strengths/weaknesses according to the MBTI/Keirsey description.

3. If another type, poetry could also be about your relationships/experience with ISFPs, your understanding of them, and/or how you perceive them to be. Be creative!

4. Obviously poetry can be interpreted differently, so please be mindful and honest if your poem is really about, or associates in a meaningful way, to INFPs. Only to curb confusion on what poems should be posted here. If you're an ISFP and don't believe your poem relates to ISFPs specifically, post them @ Soma's link provided above (sorry can't post links yet).

5. Please no discussion as whether or not a poem relates to the ISFP-topic; it's solely up to the poster to decide that.

6. Post your Enneagram type too along with your poem if you feel you associate closely with it as well. (It's just to add another dynamic to the poem that maybe give us insight to where you're coming from when you write about INFPs; totally optional though.)

7. To ISFPs-- know that all poem postings here, though may be associated with ISFPs, is NOT a clear representation of who you are, your individuality, or ISFPs! But rather, opinions and observations shaped creatively by the writer.. so please, no negativity towards other posters. This applies to everyone.

Thanks & enjoy!

One day I plated a seed,
of doubt and gave heed,
to a prophet of greed
His reign we didn't need,
to be ourselves and freed

I call it "Fuck Keirsey"
Couldn't agree with you more!

Its just easier to archinve if they are all in the same place xD. I swear there are like 3 different ISFP poetry threads lol.
Mm lol.. sorry, thought this was interesting enough to warrant it's own thread. I was aware ISFPs had their own poetry thread but I intended this poetry thread to be a primarily place where other types can write poetry about their relationships with ISFPs and ISFP's characteristics and qualities, as Inguz said; not just a place where ISFPs or anyone in general could just post their poetry as there are already regular poetry threads. Sort of a topic-specific poetry thread, but ISFP as the topic.

I thought there might be confusion considering any poem written by an ISFP could inherently be about, or give insight, to the type. Perhaps to avoid confusion, only allow other types to post their poetry about ISFPs here? Seems slightly unfair but I'll edit the original post to include rules and guidelines for the poetry posted here to hopefully curb the confusion before it gets to that point.

*edited* actually couldn't edit original post :( ..so guidelines are here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts