Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we went to Vegas, but still did it classy, just the two of us, and then announced it when we got back. It was our "just for us" wedding where we just had fun and didn't have to focus on anyone else. yay! He did such a great job planning it all too.

I must say, the ENFP/ISTP thing really does work out well :D

yay :D

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
Congratulations :proud:

·
Registered
33 Posts
OH MAN!!! you're living my dream life! <3 I'm nothing but HAPPPYY for you. I hope you and your ISTP has many more years of fun, just like ur fun start.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys! It took us a while (like any relationship) to work out all of those typical problems. But I felt like this sorta wedding was very much ISTp/ENFP-ish. We still did it really classy and nice despite it being just the two of us so it was amazing <3!

I hope everyone finds their best type, or one of the more compatible ones, because it's just nice and fun. Took me about 5 years to find the right ISTp for me.

yay!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
This makes me want to ask if there is a commonality between types and the proverbial "dream wedding." Our wedding was fairly traditinonal, except smaller (Huge crowds annoy both of us, and huge costs annoy us even more) ...and my dress was more peach, not white.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I can see my ISTP liking something somewhat traditional, and yet it not being a big deal. (This is my conclusion only because he gives slightly more traditional gifts than not.)

I like small weddings. Eloping is extreme but I can see myself doing it... and having a party or gathering afterward. I hate the whole ceremony thing. I will get myself a dress, however... you know how little girls always like to look at mommy's wedding dress :wink:

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Congratulations! Small, no hassle...ideal.

·
Registered
69 Posts
This makes me want to ask if there is a commonality between types and the proverbial "dream wedding." Our wedding was fairly traditinonal, except smaller (Huge crowds annoy both of us, and huge costs annoy us even more) ...and my dress was more peach, not white.
I think i would be more comfortable with a small wedding, preferably only the two of us in a "Las Vegas setting". The ones ThoughtProcess and mememe had sounds awesome :tongue:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ya I liked that we were able to focus just on each other the whole trip, so it was romantic, w/o having to be like "Oh hi Aunt so-and-so, would you like to join us at the nightclub for martinis tonight?" It was really nice to just get to hang out and eat buffets w/ no worries (luckily my dress was roomy enough for all of my buffet eating -- thank God.)

However, we're going to do something to celebrate w/ our friends and family in a year or so, possibly another wedding or some kind of gathering.

It was very easy though, because we got this little package that had everything included -- they brought us a bouquet and his flower, and a photographer, etc. We just showed up. I wore a short white party dress and he wore the suit he always wears to stuff. And then we had the ceremony in a gondola as we were floating along! So awesome, and yet zero stress for us.

And it was perfect for me (the extrovert) because a group of strangers were watching and applauded at the end! yay! He really doesn't care either way about attention and was happy to keep the whole thing a secret, but I'm enjoying the shocked reactions after we announced that we randomly got married (without telling anyone we were even engaged).

:)

It's interesting to hear everyone's ideal wedding. I'd never really pictured mine, but I knew I would feel weird if it was overly formal. I only like being the center of attention in some situations and others make me nervous.

·
Registered
273 Posts
My wife and I went to Reno. I wore skate shoes to my own wedding. Screw classy. :laughing:
My wife threw up in all three of our wedding night bathrooms. Screw classy indeed

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
I didn't want a wedding the first time around. Got one anyway (SJs planned and organized everything, I just showed up). If I ever get married again :dry: Vegas sounds like the way to go.

·
Registered
273 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts