Personality Cafe banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I know there is nothing you guys like better than typing people (I think I meant that sarcastically, but it may be true, and I am sorry for that). But lets get deez balls rolling. I've done one of these before but I didn't like my result, because, I dunno, I am a picky bitch.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
I am a Male and 27. I am diagnosed with ADHD(innattentive sometimes just known as ADHD). Current State: Totally Hangry, bro.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
Picture of a lady's eyes. I find two different interpretations of the pictures. At first it seems like there is a certain sadness to her eyes. However, I find that if I take my pants off, she suddenly seems lustful and wants the D. True Story. Try it out yourself.
w ww.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/17216774912/in/explore-2015-04-21

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
Initial thoughts... well this sucks we are stuck. I would probably crack jokes, be silly, try to make a bad situation a little funny. Essentially, build morale while somebody else handles the actual situation. Maybe I would do some brainstorming, but not make any of the important decisions.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
This is where I get a little thrown out of whack. I'm a parent now so I have responsibilities and obligations, but if it was back in my younger years I would totally party it up... as long as they had good food and drinks. That is a necessity for me and parties.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
Internally, I would be a little t'd off/ or think he is stupid. I would outwardly troll him about his claim, by either finding errors in it, or making up things against it. Maybe even tell him "Hey that sounds like a claim Hitler would make" regardless of whether Hitler would actually say it.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
Ignore it, stubbornly. I might troll, argue, or feign ignorance. Like I'm an Atheist, and if God came down- I would be like "Hey, what took you so long jackass?" God would probably be the biggest troll... I mean just look at kids being born retarded, predation, and cancer. Good one God, you sure made me laugh.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
Atheism/agnostic because as soon as I could think, all organized religion became stupid (so I was probably like 3 when I figured this out, because genius). I do value good fun, and that nothing should really be taken seriously. But I can also be responsible (mainly in concern to family). Like how my 18 month old is now climbing a bookcase, that sonofa... Does anyone want a free kid?

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
I take just about nothing seriously. I like to perform and be mischievous as hell. I can be logical when the need arises, in fact I was better at math growing up than english. I wish I could be more assertive, though. Sometimes I use jokes as just a way to brush aside actually dealing with certain situations/people.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
I can be quite impulsive. I usually will do things instantly based on hunches but then try to reflect on things after the fact ("Did it make sense, what I did?" (its usually a no))

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
I like goofing off, socially fun conversations, and practicing music. I play guitar, saxophone, piano, and sing (all equally terrible)(And by terrible I mean f'n fantastically). Serious talk, and reading drains the hell out of me (because it is boring and if you do either of those you are boring).

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
In serious talk, I tone down my fun loving ness and usually just stare blankly with eyes completely glazed over. I'm usually thinking about anything else but that current situation, like pink unicorns, playing video games, or falling in a pool of lava... ya'know like all those things that would be more fun to experience than serious talk.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure why not! Your guess is as good as mine. I was thinking ESFP because of the inability to take things seriously but ENTPs just as much a culprit of that.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Something with Ti that's also an extrovert and a perceiver. ESFP has Te. So ESTP or ENTP. I'm tipping towards ENTP because ESTP don't troll. They are up front and direct. Why Ti over Te? I'm guessing because you were better at math than English and someone with Te would format and organize their paragraphs a little better.

·
Registered
INFP
1,191 Posts
I'd say it's pretty likely you're an ESTP - I pegged you after question 2. Although it looks like you have dominant Ne, I actually think it's dominant Se (not all trolls are Ne users). Ti/Fe is evident as well. ENTP COULD be a second possibility, but impulsivity+love to entertain/perform is generally more of an Se than Ne quality.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
You just don't want a dumbass like me on the intuitive sides, just admit Ardielley! We all know your intentions.
The answers seemed like someone who desires to be typed as ENTP.

Honestly you evaded so much of it with jokes, sarcasm, and deflection its hard to tell. But some how I still got ESTP vibe myself.

I really do not think your ENTP personally.

I could see ESXP the question is whether your Fi or Fe which I cant tell based on how you answered.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here I am deciding to be more serious. I did these questions before but I was a little too mushy and was typed as an ENFJ, which I completely didn't agree with so I just edited the answers to be more accurate.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
Specifically I have troubles deciding S v N and T v P. Although I can be quite logical (philosophy major) I am also silly and care not to hurt peoples feelings (unless by accident by my mischievous nature). I notice easily when someone changes their hair color, and I notice body language. There are times when I feel super ESFP but there are times when I'm like whatever. Also, I am diagnosed ADD which I researched is a very NP thing.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
To have fun and be happy. To spread happiness to my loved ones and people I feel deserve it. To break a mold of seriousness. To rid of boring and pointless stuff.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
One of the happiest I felt was when I performed on a stage at Karaoke night singing Fergalicious and got a standing ovation. Granted they were probably all wasted, but I felt super special. I also got free shots. Bonus.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Not being heard. Being overlooked.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I like to try to keep things lighthearted and dumb as possible. The vast majority of people tend to like me, in fact I can't even think of one person who may not like me. My wife says I'm a diplomat in that regard. However, I have been known to question things like when a boss tells me to do something, I will often ask "Why?" when I don't agree with what they tell me to do. In fact I tend to research loopholes within my system to get around certain rules. This can lead people sometimes to call me argumentative and mischievous, but they still like to be around me and find me quite humorous.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I am known to start a crap ton of projects and aspire to do many things but never finish. This is very much due to my ADD and I find myself to have a lot in the P-ness department. This made me quite terrible at school, sadly even though I was highly intelligent (true story). I believe most outcomes are out of our control most of the time, so I usually let someone else have control of the outcome when the time arises.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Same Karaoke story as in #3. It was my finest and funnest of memories. Also, I find pulling tricks to be fun as hell.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
My memorization skills are quite horrible, but then again I will contribute this mainly towards my ADD. I tend to be very hands on to learn, for that way my brain remembers better than simply reading or hearing. That being said, I hate fiction books and prefer non-fiction (but even then I barely read).

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
I'm definitely big on the P-ness scale and ADD so not at all. Organized people are just people who are too lazy to look for things, amirite? I'm scatter brained as shit.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I've always been an advocate of "Just because its always been done a certain way, doesn't make it right." So in that sense, I'm always open to new ideas. When a new idea emerges, I try to find any proof behind it and how it will better people or things. Usually religion, and new religious ideas I find to be very useless as I don't give religion a whole lot of credit.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I think I usually go by my own feelings, but that usually ends up making others happy or appreciate me. I love creating chaos because it amuses me, but for the most part I enjoy when people are in harmony with each other. I don't like necessarily belonging to a group because I like to stand out, so if I am in a group I must have a clear role within the group. If I ever start to feel like I am fading away within the group I will either make a big attempt to illuminate myself within the group, or leave it.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I definitely speak before I think. I chalk this up to ADD as well. I prefer both one-on-one and group discussions, but I tend to be more successful one-on-one due to focusing reasons.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I've always thought I jumped into action. I was recently the first to jump off a bridge amongst a group of us, as they were concerned the water might have been too shallow to jump into. Just as I typed that I realized I am an idiot. Sometimes I will hesitate to do something, if I think I can get in trouble for it. Actions speak much louder than words... it proves hypocrites. Words ultimately mean nothing if you never back them up with your actions. Someone can say they are a nice person all they want, but if they are simultaneously a mass murderer... which do you think speaks more?

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Now this is tricky. If I wasn't married and didn't have obligations I would definitely go out with my friends. However, my family takes top priority everytime.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I can be quite the drama queen. Depending on how strong the stress, I can get angry, isolate, or cry. Also people tend to notice my voice gets really high.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
If they are too forceful, perfectionists, or boring. So... sorry every SJ ever.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I'm into technology so whenever it comes to that subject, I like to talk alot about it. However, I've always viewed computers as "my field" even though I'm a philosophy major (I've been addicted to computers since I was a young pup back when floppy disks were floppy). Because computers are my field, I can have the attitude that I'm right and your wrong. I also like talking to people about music too (unless it is country... really get that shit outta here).

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
My fashion sense. I never have the latest styles. I dress for comfort. But I do like looking pretty though, I will constantly check my face in the mirror. Wifey calls me a peacock. A beautiful beautiful peacock.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
My friends think I am both a little dorky and fun loving. They question how someone as childish as me can have kids. A lot of people like to view me as an fun loving idiot. My wife calls me "dense but happy" and often compares me to the likes of Michaelangelo, Jake Peralta, Andy Dwyer. People would never say I was boring... like ever. In the workplace, people would get so excited if I was working that day, they knew that the time would fly by.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing? Today I'm looking after my kids. But I would probably play some games, practice my instruments, watch some youtubes, and listen to music.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^What do you think about dem apples? or TL;DR? I wouldn't blame you, I probably wouldn't read all of those words either. Also, if this is anything to consider, but I love animals. Spent day in and day out curing my cat of fatty liver disease, she was even yellow with jaundice. "WITHOUT AGGRESSIVE NUTRITIONAL SUPPORT MOST CATS WILL DIE" is what they said but I did it. I think I was just inadvertently bragged about myself there but whatever... I'm pretty great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts