Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like that rae sremmurd song

but yeah I've taken many tests across the internet and I always get scattered results so I thought I come on this site and see what other people think! dont let me down

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

Sometimes I'm quiet in certain situations. I'll get anxious in very specific events, such as certain classes I have in college or certain social situations I'll run into. However, the other half of the time I'm comical, goofy, borderline crazy(the good crazy), fast-paced, and social. It all comes down to the situation I'm in. I like being organized and having a plan on what I want to accomplish next in life, but I love spontaneous adventures.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I yearn to learn how to do whatever I want to do in life. I want to be able to say what I wanna say and do whatever I want without having a fear of other people judging or criticizing me. I mean sometimes I'll do it anyways, but I always have a hidden fear of what people think of me.

I yearn to succeed in my goals and dreams, which is mainly as a performing artist. To generalize, I want to seize every opportunity that comes to me in life and enjoy living in the moment. I just want to experience life, make friends, and learn as much as I can. If I can describe it in one word, it would be to experience.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

My finest...two events that stick out to me would be playing live shows when I was previously in a band. I got to play the music I wanted to play and I was with awesome musicians that I loved to hang around. Everyone was on good vibes, no stress, doing what we wanted to do. I loved having people like our music.

The second event would be when I was with my ex-girlfriend. I was the most social at this point. Honestly, I think I was overly social - sometimes I couldn't even stop talking when I was with her and her friends. I loved to be the center of attention and I loved showing her off. I'll try not to make this depressing hahah. If it helps, after I quit my band and lost my girlfriend I developed very introverted traits. However I don't know if it would account for my true personality.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Authority & Judgmental people. It's not that I can't handle them, but they make me feel uneasy and its difficult to act myself.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

Past-experiences... how strongly I feel about a certain subject. I would have to weigh out how much emotion and passion I have on the subject. Sometimes the fear of being judged from people influence a decision. Not so much though when compared to my own feelings and experiences from it.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I like to first brainstorm ideas and possibly free write to get the project started. Then, I want to make a plan on how I'm going to get it done. Maybe including steps. I like to have as much control as I can of the outcome, therefore I have the knowledge as to whats going on.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

Times I had fun: High School Parties, Playing Shows, Watching movies at my house with friends/ex, going to festivals, playing video games at my house...a bunch of stuff. I do have more enjoyment from the outdoor activities versus the indoors.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I would say learning hands on is the best for me. I remember it faster and clearer than any other method. The runner up would be visual learning.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

Most of the time, I'm semi-organized. I always make it a priority to be organized and have my papers neat, my room cleaned, etc. However to be realistic with myself, I'm never completely organized. There's usually papers scattered across my desk. I usually just pile them up and say I cleaned up haha.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I always put myself in someone elses shoes when they propose a new theory or idea. I see from there perspective where they're coming from, and then include it with my own personal experience and knowledge to reach a middle ground.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

When I'm with a large group, I definitely try to make sure everyone has a good time. If I see someone is the odd one out, I do my best to help include that person in a conversation, or try and uplift their spirits. However, I always try to put myself first and be myself. Standing up for what I believe in is my priority.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I think before speaking. I want to make sure I know wtf I'm saying before I say it lol. I like to develop well thought out responses before I put my input into a discussion. I do enjoy one on one convos compared to group discussions. However, group discussions are more rewarding to me compared to one on one.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I need to know where I'm jumping before I leap somewhere. Or at least have somewhat of an idea. Actions speak louder than words. 100%.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

This is where I have trouble. Lately, I think I'd just sit back smoke chill out and watch TV. I think its just cause my friends are lame-o hahah. However, I would usually go out and do something. The weather kinda sucks right now too.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

You'd probably never know I was stressed... though I think I get really tired when I am. Like I just needa lay down and have some me time. Sometimes I'll call a friend up and vent out to her/him. Either or helps me out.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Self centered people. Egocentric. Judgmental. Closed minded. Lying is also a pet peeve of mine.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Music, sharing ideas, teaching people, boosting peoples spirits, helping others.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

Maybe homework? lmao. I mean I pay attention to almost everything so idk.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

My friends perceive me as a nice guy. Always trying to help. I'm responsible, reliable, trustworthy. Most of them actually think I'm reserved and quiet sometimes. But if we are talking about my old friends, it would be the complete opposite. They would say I'm funny, outgoing, social. I guess life changes lol. I don't think my new friends know me as well as my old friends though. They would never say I'm selfish, ego centric, a liar, etc.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

There's a lot to choose from. If I could do anything, I'd travel. Maybe hike to a beautiful view. Playing music in front of a foreign crowd across the world. Go on a cruise. Theres so much tbh. Generally, just adventure and do something awesome in the moment.

if you guys need more details let me know. thanks

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
From this I feel as if you're some xxSTxx, but I'm not quite sure. I see a lot of xSTP in you, but then you mentioned "learning from the past." Hmm...

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Uh uh, xSFJ all the way. Probably ESFJ, your Ne doesn't seem inferior.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
From this I feel as if you're some xxSTxx, but I'm not quite sure. I see a lot of xSTP in you, but then you mentioned "learning from the past." Hmm...
Where did you get Ti? Or Se over Si?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
it's tough right?! lol how'd you guys come up with your results?
Focus on experience and people. That's the short version. I'll elaborate as soon as I have time! :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
@Caneaster

C is surely my last choice. For B, I do consult outside points, clarify, and have patience, but I'm not necissarily quiet. For A, I'm optimistic and try to get people engaged, as stated in my original post, but I'm not entirely super energetic all the time. And as for D, I dislike wasting time, and I would say I'm a leader in my motives. I do have a driving force compelling me with my passions.

If I had to list them in order from most to least important:

D
A
B
C

C is really left behind, but B is close to A, and A is even closer to D, if that makes any sense. Hope that helps. I'll repost the paragraphs:

--------

a) The theme is persuading and involving others. They thrive in facilitator or catalyst roles and aim to inspire others to move to action, facilitating the process. Their focus is on interaction, often with an expressive style. They get things going with upbeat energy, enthusiasm, or excitement, which can be contagious. Exploring options and possibilities, making preparations, discovering new ideas, and sharing insights are all ways they get people moving along. They want decisions to be participative and enthusiastic, with everyone involved and engaged.

b) The theme is getting the best result possible. People of this type focus on understanding and working with the process to create a positive outcome. They see value in many contributions and consult outside inputs to make an informed decision. They aim to integrate various information sources and accommodate differing points of view. They approach others with a quiet, calm style that may not show their strong convictions. Producing, sustaining, defining, and clarifying are all ways they support a group's process. They typically have more patience than most with the time it takes to gain support through consensus for a project or to refine the result.

c) The theme is having a course of action to follow. People of this type focus on knowing what to do and keeping themselves, the group, or the project on track. They prefer to enter a situation having an idea of what is to happen. They identify a process to accomplish a goal and have a somewhat contained tension as they work to create and monitor a plan. The aim is not the plan itself, but to use it as a guide to move things along toward the goal. Their informed and deliberate decisions are based on analyzing, outlining, conceptualizing or foreseeing what needs to be done.

d) The theme is getting things accomplished through people. People of this type are focused on results, often taking action quickly. They often have a driving energy with an intention to lead a group to the goal. They make decisions quickly to keep themselves and others on task, on target, and on time. They hate wasting time and having to back track. Mentoring, executing actions, supervising, and mobilizing resources are all ways they get things accomplished. They notice right away what is not working in a situation and become painfully aware of what needs to be fixed, healed, or corrected.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The deciding factor with that video was the calmness aspect and anger control of ENFJ's. When he said that ENFJ's have the same facial expression throughout the day..it described me completely haha. Out of those two I would definitely choose the intuitive factor.

So I definitely got the E and N down.
I'm curious on how I am a FJ and not a TP, FP, or TJ though

... does anything stand out that would make me a Feeling&Judging?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
@dozer I'll rarely post ********* videos but this one is quite true. Your thoughts?

The deciding factor with that video was the calmness aspect and anger control of ENFJ's. When he said that ENFJ's have the same facial expression throughout the day..it described me completely haha. Out of those two I would definitely choose the intuitive factor.

So I definitely got the E and N down.
I'm curious on how I am a FJ and not a TP, FP, or TJ though

... does anything stand out that would make me a Feeling&Judging?
Well. He talks about anger and being emotionally stable. That is more of an enneagram thing. I'm sorry, but I don't agree with the video that much. He talks about sensors as not having a life-goal. A sensing type can and will have a life-goal as well.

@dozer Here's why I see ESFJ.
Past-experiences...
very Si.
I like to first brainstorm ideas
Ne.
I always put myself in someone elses shoes when they propose a new theory or idea. I see from there perspective where they're coming from, and then include it with my own personal experience and knowledge to reach a middle ground.
First part would be Fe-ish, putting yourself in their shoes, second part very Si.
When I'm with a large group, I definitely try to make sure everyone has a good time. If I see someone is the odd one out, I do my best to help include that person in a conversation, or try and uplift their spirits.
Very Fe.
teaching people, boosting peoples spirits, helping others.
Seems Fe.
I'm responsible, reliable, trustworthy.
That is a three-word description of Si.

A lot of Si and a lot of Fe, more of Fe, so ESFJ. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well. He talks about anger and being emotionally stable. That is more of an enneagram thing. I'm sorry, but I don't agree with the video that much. He talks about sensors as not having a life-goal. A sensing type can and will have a life-goal as well.

@dozer Here's why I see ESFJ.
very Si.
Ne.
First part would be Fe-ish, putting yourself in their shoes, second part very Si.
Very Fe.
Seems Fe.
That is a three-word description of Si.

A lot of Si and a lot of Fe, more of Fe, so ESFJ. :)
I read about the Si and Se difference, and I internally feel I lean more to the Se side. Even though I use past experiences to sometimes gauge on a decision ( Ex: being in a band with a crappy musician so I use that experience to now know what to look for ) I don't think it accurately represents me. I read an Se paragraph and I just fit these categories better:

-taking action in the physical world;
-noticing changes and opportunities for action
-accumulating experiences
-scanning for visible reactions and relevant data
-recognizing what is relevant

As for Fi and Fe, I'm honestly still torn. Yes, I do want to make everyone feel good in the group, but thats just because I want everyone to have a good time. If it game down to putting myself first, and standing up for my own self expression and values, then that would be the priority.

I also still dont know how I'm a J lol

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think ESTP. The functions are Se, Ti, Fe, Ni. Not sure, its hard to fit people into one type sometimes. You struck me as having more Se over si :)
That's reassuring haha. thanks for the response. I feel confident about the E and the Se.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts