Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everybody,

I'm new to this forum so I thought I might introduce myself; I'm an 18 years old Dutch INTP (which is a pretty strange combination when you think about it) and I've got a cold right now... :sad: Fortunately I also have a lot of paper handkerchiefs and I'm in a cheerful mood. Besides that, I'm currently listening to my favourite band: Pink Floyd, which is making me feel even more cheerful!

Further noteworthy info about me: I'm an atheistic existentialist; I want to study psychology; I have never used drugs although everybody seems to think that I'm lying, simply because I'm Dutch (which is unfair); my hobby is playing the guitar; I'm usually distracted by falling leaves, birds or other thing which are more interesting than you are and I'm at war with the penguins...

I hope you don't hate me already :crazy:

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,103 Posts
Welcome to PersonalityCafe!

*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings Elwood92 and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

We have a facebook style chat that you can enable throughout the site... Just read on how to enable it here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/13046-personality-cafe-facebook-style-chat.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum Elwood92. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S.

Please tip me 1 gold. I need to buy more coffee! @[email protected]

·
Super Moderator
11,506 Posts
No hate here! Welcome and Enjoy! Plenty of wonderful people here! :happy:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yeah no. I preeeettty much fucking hate you already. Sorry, that's just how I roll. And it's not even what you said...it was just random.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I hate you. -shot-

I kid .___.

I find it really interesting that you're from the Netherlands; it's such a different time zone than Eastern Standard. I hope you recover from your cold soon!

...What was I about to say..? Owait--Welcome to the forums! :)

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank god, I was about to blow my brains out if I didn't have a single confirmation of at least one Dutch INTP.

Thank you for saving my life.
No need to thank me citizen! :proud:

Yeah no. I preeeettty much fucking hate you already. Sorry, that's just how I roll. And it's not even what you said...it was just random.
Oh yes, that happens all the time...No need to apologize! I'm just a hate magnet to people with Leonard Nimoy avatars... You can't do anything about it.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Hello, welcome. You seem like a nice enough person. :happy:

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Another dutchie here. I am officially INFP but close enough to INTP to pass off as one.

And no drugs either. I dont know what it is with all those prejudices again us poor kaaskoppen

Welcome aboard these hallowed halls!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Another dutchie here. I am officially INFP but close enough to INTP to pass off as one.

And no drugs either. I dont know what it is with all those prejudices again us poor kaaskoppen

Welcome aboard these hallowed halls!
Ah, nog een Nederlander! Bedankt voor je reactie :wink:
Je hebt gelijk over die vooroordelen trouwens, de meeste mensen vragen me direct naar drugs als ze horen dat ik uit Nederland kom... Best wel irritant eigenlijk.
Een echte Nederlander heeft natuurlijk geen farmaceutische middelen nodig om gek te doen!
Ik houd overigens wel van kaas xD

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Ah, nog een Nederlander! Bedankt voor je reactie :wink:
Je hebt gelijk over die vooroordelen trouwens, de meeste mensen vragen me direct naar drugs als ze horen dat ik uit Nederland kom... Best wel irritant eigenlijk.
Een echte Nederlander heeft natuurlijk geen farmaceutische middelen nodig om gek te doen!
Ik houd overigens wel van kaas xD

Onder het motto van, doe jij maar gewoon dan doen wij wel weer gek genoeg.

I am afraid I am not a very typical representative of the Shire. I am not into cheese, not into pharma, not into soccer and not even into ice skating.
And neither do I go around sticking my fingers in dikes all they long.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Welcome :laughing:

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Onder het motto van, doe jij maar gewoon dan doen wij wel weer gek genoeg.

I am afraid I am not a very typical representative of the Shire. I am not into cheese, not into pharma, not into soccer and not even into ice skating.
And neither do I go around sticking my fingers in dikes all they long.
The Shire? roflmao! That's actually a rather accurate description of the size of our country AND our pedantically silly culture of self-centred arrogance.
But I'm not that typically Dutch either. I'm not into any sport, not even our national sports and I'm probably one of the the least nationalistic/patriotic persons in the Netherlands.
I just like cheese, it gives me enough energy to continue my ongoing conflict with the invading penguins xD

·
Registered
203 Posts
Welcome! I love the Dutch...and INTPs. :)

Out of curiosity, if you had to assign the Netherlands a personality type, what would it be?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome! I love the Dutch...and INTPs. :)

Out of curiosity, if you had to assign the Netherlands a personality type, what would it be?
Thanks, I also love myself!xD

I'd say The Dutch culture is the pinacle of ENTJness (in a very unhealthy way!)... We are known to be very driven bussinessmen, we are bossy and argumentative, fiercely independent and we only think in money... Actually money was the ONLY reason for us to conquer a colonial empire, support the american war of independence, trade millions of slaves, become the hegemonial worldpower of the 17th century and participate in any other conflict during our golden age. Of course we have since become a bit more mellow, but we are still one of the most greedy, bossy and overall untrustworthy people on this little planet. So you can imagine that I'm not really that proud of my country's past. But it's said that it's also one of our noteable characteristics to be sceptic of our own culture and history; so I guess I'm doing something incredible Dutch-ish right now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts