Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
PerC's 6w6
5,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'll try to be as descriptive as possible.

Before signing up here i ran the test to see what it'd yield and it told me I'm an INFP - fair enough: however, the F and T were about 50/50 so i figured I was a mixture or something and left it at that. However, I've now taken the other 2 tests (Cognitive and Enneagram) and the results are... confusing. The Enneagram one says I'm a 5w6, 9w1, 3w2 (whatever that means), whereas the Cognitive test thinks I'm ISFJ, then INFJ, then INFP in that order. It also said that my functions are: Si - Ni - Fi - Fe - Ne - Te - Ti - Se.

So I'm lost.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type? - The confusion between the F and T. I seem to use feelings a lot and try and explore them, but at the same time my mind is used to think a lot about things and I like applying logic and can sense patterns easily. I prefer to make a decision with all available information at hand rather than just a snippet.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why? - Peace, liberty, and independence - basically the ability to stand on my own two feet and make my own decisions without having to rely on others to do them for me. Aside from that honest and true companionship from loyal friends/family.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way. - It was some years ago while still finishing high school: I was with a group of people I knew well, we were close and would hang out with each other often. The rest of the acquaintances in my class all knew each other and so we all got along reasonably well. We were a pretty close group all going through the same thing together. I'd also met some new people and the relationships were going well - basically it was a time of peace and I remember relishing going to school every day to see them. Even though there was a lot of pressure to do well in school (and a bunch of stress regarding that) I remember having a real fun time of it all.

4) What makes you feel inferior? - My ability to relate to and communicate with people in the real world, and also my failure (as of yet) to accomplish anything major with regards to life. The latter is a really big one that I'm struggling to deal with.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.) - When I have to make a big decision I tend to look at the pros and cons of the decision, and also try and look at any causes or effects - ie, what will happen if I do X - will A, B, and C happen, or will it be B, C, and D, or so on, and so I kind of try to "map out" any possible consequences. I also of course look at how I will feel if the decision is made, and how it'll affect others.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome? - Truth be told I prefer to have one task (a task I can manage) and to tackle it and complete it to the best of my abilities. If the project is not a success, I will be able to say I did the best I could - in that way I find it easier to not be the lead of the project as there's more pressure to succeed and ensure the project is a success which is not always possible.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it? - I have a lot of fun when I watch a movie or play a game I have been anticipating for a long time. It tends to be a rush of elation - the first time experiencing whatever it is - getting ready to watch, preparing everything - popcorn and a comfortable place to sit, a pillow, or whatever, and then going in and basically getting lost for however long it takes to complete.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc) - I prefer to analyze and watch. I learn well by watching and observing. However, hands on experience plays a role, but usually after having watched to see at least the basics.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as? - Organised enough :p. Seriously speaking it really depends: I'm organised on my computer and organised with things - it's not necessarily organised in such a fashion that would be easy to use for others (in that way I suppose it's messy) but it works for me in that I can usually find something if I need it.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it? - Err, really a hybrid of both. I do take things at face-value, and then see if they can make sense to me, but I find that a lot of the time this can be disingenuous as you can easily be fooled by something that seems better than it sounds (ie things like reverse mortgages, debt consolidation, etc), so now once learning about the idea at face value I try to look at it and see if it can support itself, and look more especially at opposition to it, that way if it is able to counter its criticisms I can feel it to be acceptable.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
- Really the latter: I feel that it is much more important to be true to one's self because they are their own harshest judge (and I judge myself pretty harshly :(). The group will dissolve in time, but my decisions will still stay with me.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions? - I much prefer one on one communication as it's easier to enunciate your ideas, and to open up (which I find necessary for real communication). I also feel that thinking before speaking is helpful because it means that the idea can be properly processed, ordered and filtered to a more "legible" form than if it was just spoken out - I tend to speak in abstracts so that spare time helps. And also, a lot of wise people have said it is better to think then speak - notably a quote from Abraham Lincoln that reads: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words? - Action speaks more than words, because words can be said at any time, but actions show the validity of the words - if you say you love someone but then cheat on them it's evident you're lying, but if you go forth and care for them while you're sick it's more likely that you do actually love them. However that doesn't mean that one should lack prudence - if making a decision it's necessary to look and see what will happen before acting rather than acting on impulse, making a mistake or hurting someone/something, and causing more damage than reason would have done: better to measure twice and cut once than measure once and cut twice (I think that's Lincoln again :p).

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do? - I'd see on what depends: if I'm tired and/or really not up to it I'll stay home. If however it's friends I am really close to and/or haven't seen in a long time I'll go.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out? - I tend to panic and almost lock up, sometimes. Other than that I try and think of happy thoughts and memories to keep me calm and prevent me from reacting/lashing out. I hardly ever lash out though (which is a good thing I suppose).

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people? - Not too sure. One big thing though, is judgment - ie making snap-judgments of people and then criticizing them. I firmly believe in the walk a mile principle and this completely flies against that. Not too sure I understand this question :(.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people? - Err, I like hearing about others and their lives and talking about social interaction or new things - places/things I have never seen or experienced before. Aside from this i enjoy talking about my hobbies or ideas.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life - Never really thought about it to be honest. Appearance is definitely one of them, as is branching out to meet new people IRL.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ? - I've been told often that I'm a nice person who's funny and easy to talk to, and someone who cheers them up when they're down but I don't really believe that because I don't open up too much very easily and I feel like a far worse person than what they say. I always think that people saw me the way I see myself they'd not say that I'm as awesome as they think (gosh that sounds so egotistical :(). Erm, Noone ever says I'm broody or insecure or undecisive because I don't let that show - I try to hide my weaknesses. They'd never also say that I'm mean but that's not true because if provoked enough I can snap very viciously.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing? - Mostly stay at home. Watch a movie or TV show, play a game or 2,

Thanks for any assistance :eek:

·
Registered
729 Posts
OK, I'll try to be as descriptive as possible.

Before signing up here i ran the test to see what it'd yield and it told me I'm an INFP - fair enough: however, the F and T were about 50/50 so i figured I was a mixture or something and left it at that. However, I've now taken the other 2 tests (Cognitive and Enneagram) and the results are... confusing. The Enneagram one says I'm a 5w6, 9w1, 3w2 (whatever that means), whereas the Cognitive test thinks I'm ISFJ, then INFJ, then INFP in that order. It also said that my functions are: Si - Ni - Fi - Fe - Ne - Te - Ti - Se.

So I'm lost.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type? - The confusion between the F and T. I seem to use feelings a lot and try and explore them, but at the same time my mind is used to think a lot about things and I like applying logic and can sense patterns easily. I prefer to make a decision with all available information at hand rather than just a snippet.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why? - Peace, liberty, and independence - basically the ability to stand on my own two feet and make my own decisions without having to rely on others to do them for me. Aside from that honest and true companionship from loyal friends/family.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way. - It was some years ago while still finishing high school: I was with a group of people I knew well, we were close and would hang out with each other often. The rest of the acquaintances in my class all knew each other and so we all got along reasonably well. We were a pretty close group all going through the same thing together. I'd also met some new people and the relationships were going well - basically it was a time of peace and I remember relishing going to school every day to see them. Even though there was a lot of pressure to do well in school (and a bunch of stress regarding that) I remember having a real fun time of it all.

4) What makes you feel inferior? - My ability to relate to and communicate with people in the real world, and also my failure (as of yet) to accomplish anything major with regards to life. The latter is a really big one that I'm struggling to deal with.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.) - When I have to make a big decision I tend to look at the pros and cons of the decision, and also try and look at any causes or effects - ie, what will happen if I do X - will A, B, and C happen, or will it be B, C, and D, or so on, and so I kind of try to "map out" any possible consequences. I also of course look at how I will feel if the decision is made, and how it'll affect others.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome? - Truth be told I prefer to have one task (a task I can manage) and to tackle it and complete it to the best of my abilities. If the project is not a success, I will be able to say I did the best I could - in that way I find it easier to not be the lead of the project as there's more pressure to succeed and ensure the project is a success which is not always possible.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it? - I have a lot of fun when I watch a movie or play a game I have been anticipating for a long time. It tends to be a rush of elation - the first time experiencing whatever it is - getting ready to watch, preparing everything - popcorn and a comfortable place to sit, a pillow, or whatever, and then going in and basically getting lost for however long it takes to complete.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc) - I prefer to analyze and watch. I learn well by watching and observing. However, hands on experience plays a role, but usually after having watched to see at least the basics.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as? - Organised enough :p. Seriously speaking it really depends: I'm organised on my computer and organised with things - it's not necessarily organised in such a fashion that would be easy to use for others (in that way I suppose it's messy) but it works for me in that I can usually find something if I need it.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it? - Err, really a hybrid of both. I do take things at face-value, and then see if they can make sense to me, but I find that a lot of the time this can be disingenuous as you can easily be fooled by something that seems better than it sounds (ie things like reverse mortgages, debt consolidation, etc), so now once learning about the idea at face value I try to look at it and see if it can support itself, and look more especially at opposition to it, that way if it is able to counter its criticisms I can feel it to be acceptable.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
- Really the latter: I feel that it is much more important to be true to one's self because they are their own harshest judge (and I judge myself pretty harshly :(). The group will dissolve in time, but my decisions will still stay with me.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions? - I much prefer one on one communication as it's easier to enunciate your ideas, and to open up (which I find necessary for real communication). I also feel that thinking before speaking is helpful because it means that the idea can be properly processed, ordered and filtered to a more "legible" form than if it was just spoken out - I tend to speak in abstracts so that spare time helps. And also, a lot of wise people have said it is better to think then speak - notably a quote from Abraham Lincoln that reads: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words? - Action speaks more than words, because words can be said at any time, but actions show the validity of the words - if you say you love someone but then cheat on them it's evident you're lying, but if you go forth and care for them while you're sick it's more likely that you do actually love them. However that doesn't mean that one should lack prudence - if making a decision it's necessary to look and see what will happen before acting rather than acting on impulse, making a mistake or hurting someone/something, and causing more damage than reason would have done: better to measure twice and cut once than measure once and cut twice (I think that's Lincoln again :p).

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do? - I'd see on what depends: if I'm tired and/or really not up to it I'll stay home. If however it's friends I am really close to and/or haven't seen in a long time I'll go.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out? - I tend to panic and almost lock up, sometimes. Other than that I try and think of happy thoughts and memories to keep me calm and prevent me from reacting/lashing out. I hardly ever lash out though (which is a good thing I suppose).

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people? - Not too sure. One big thing though, is judgment - ie making snap-judgments of people and then criticizing them. I firmly believe in the walk a mile principle and this completely flies against that. Not too sure I understand this question :(.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people? - Err, I like hearing about others and their lives and talking about social interaction or new things - places/things I have never seen or experienced before. Aside from this i enjoy talking about my hobbies or ideas.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life - Never really thought about it to be honest. Appearance is definitely one of them, as is branching out to meet new people IRL.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ? - I've been told often that I'm a nice person who's funny and easy to talk to, and someone who cheers them up when they're down but I don't really believe that because I don't open up too much very easily and I feel like a far worse person than what they say. I always think that people saw me the way I see myself they'd not say that I'm as awesome as they think (gosh that sounds so egotistical :(). Erm, Noone ever says I'm broody or insecure or undecisive because I don't let that show - I try to hide my weaknesses. They'd never also say that I'm mean but that's not true because if provoked enough I can snap very viciously.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing? - Mostly stay at home. Watch a movie or TV show, play a game or 2,

Thanks for any assistance :eek:
Enneagram Four with a Five-Wing: "The Bohemian
INTJ

This in itself is depressing. Borderline between average on the Enneagram and unhealthy.

1) The only confusing point of mine is within the j and p of my cognitive one.
2) The ability to stand above many others, having power. Being impressive, a fear for the people, and adventure. To live within the daydream or story I will likely never be in in this life. For my inner self not to need to be supressed for a higher authority.
3)When I was young and oblivious to the madness of true analyzation and cognitive processes. When I didn't realize the world truly is small. Like my enneagram type. I seek to be different.
4) My ultimate failure is the inability to enlighten others to side with me in arguments. That, and my inability to come up with a major for school which will decide my robotronic life.
5) The worst that can occur. During arguments it is predicting what their response will be. Since I can prove humanity is painstakingly predictable.
6) I try my best to make the outcome a predictable one to prove my above point. But I truly hope something different than what I expected will occur.
7) One time when the power was out, I as about 10 years. The family and I played monopoly. Or when I was at my grandmothers and we played mafia. Videogames shouldn't be considered happiness. It is an equal representation of daydreaming or reading.
8) The same
9) I am organized as a person but not physically in the real world. I like to classify thoughts and daydreams and keep them in a databank to be retieved later.
10) I make sure they are credible yes. if I disagree I come up with ideas for the opposing party.
11) I could care less what others believe or whether their group is worth my time. Knowing my own beliefs and creating my own cult of minions is my way to go.
12) I think then speak. But then I think of new subjects and is the other. As for the second part? group. preferably email. Anywhere here the discussion won't turn into a discussion of senseless babbling and worrying about facial expressions.
13) I would act for thought first. No senseless acts. They are equally important.
14) what is this thing you call friends? No seriously, if my one best friend asked? I would decline if I didn't want to. No driving, you asked.
15) I shelter deep into myself and ignore everyone and explain to random people why they are idiots. After I am chastized I then daydream about killing, power. Being a god with my one vision of heaven, or imagine the stress dying in various ways. That seems to satisfy my anger. Or the issue I just try to get it overwith.
16)Emotions. To dwell in emotions and be blind to the world is the ultimate weakness. To disband ishes and goals for pleasure, sex, and greed for money. Taking one of the deadly sins in for the wrong reasons. Many I speak of misplaced pride. Happy people who have a different definition of happiness than mine. Well, sometimes.
17)When someone recognizes something not thought of. I also respect those who have simultaneous thoughts or opinions of mine.
18)Job, and money
19)DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED!!!! My best friend thinks I am a moron who is like Brian on family guy. That I just get pissy at everything. That I am truly only a morbid being who cares only about death and eternal damnation. But thinks I have no other analytical thoughts, opinions, Believes me to be just the opposite of good and happiness and gay joy. Me to not be humble or composed. I DO hate monks, because they abandoned their self of individuality. Their bad side....His representation of me is partly accurate. But to a family member or members I keep in the dark? I am a nice, wonderful, protective being that wants to nurture and be kind to everyone. Only my best friend understands 4th of my degradation. Ahem, preachy, but true.
20)It is 3:00 AM here. I will likely sleep. Tomorrow I will work for my dad all day for free, and then play star wars. If my friend comes over I'll kick his ass at it.

I realize this is probably only a statement and I'm supposed to respond to yours in analyzing your personality, but, I am instead going to pretend I didn't understand the concept and am posting to simply pridefully (username....Pride49(Bleach)) talk about myself.

·
Registered
729 Posts

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Textbook inferior Te.

You are clearly an Fi dom from this. INFP makes sense.

Reactions: snowbell
1 - 4 of 4 Posts